Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just two problems with that. ECNL girls regularly publicize their commitments, yet that isn't happening here. And if U15 is so young, then why are so many of them from other ECNL teams committing?
    1. You don't know what every ECNL girl does and what their personal opinion is on publicizing their offer.

2. I don't know. My daughter wanted to commit her freshman year and we made her wait. Barely 15 is too young to make that decision. But that's our opinion and obviously others don't share it.

MY question for you is: Where is the list of commits of last year's Thorns academy players, including u15's? I thought so.

Comment

But that great recruiting platform called Portland ECNL hasn't done anything for the current crop of U15 and U16 ECNL players. It's done well for ECNL teams across the country, but so far in Portland, not so much. Wow, talk about a waste of money and time. All for glory seeking parents I guess. The Facebook posts to the clueless friends made it all worth the money.
      You are clueless. Keep spouting your anti-ECNL rhetoric. It's getting boring and at this point most people know you're desperate.

Comment

ECNL in Portland was still born and isn't doing squat for Portland other than drain wallets. And now look at the ECNL people still defending it and at the same time, using the same arguments against the DA. Sure hope they realize how pathetic and stupid they look. And so funny now that their God, Tom, is gone. The ECNL people probably have forgotten that they even let two Portland clubs into the league.

Comment

ECNL in Portland was still born and isn't doing squat for Portland other than drain wallets. And now look at the ECNL people still defending it and at the same time, using the same arguments against the DA. Sure hope they realize how pathetic and stupid they look. And so funny now that their God, Tom, is gone. The ECNL people probably have forgotten that they even let two Portland clubs into the league.
          The only pathetic people around here are the usual TA lemmings. Keep bowing down to GW, won't you?

Comment

The only pathetic people around here are the usual TA lemmings. Keep bowing down to GW, won't you?
            You forgot to mention a cave in Gresham.

Comment

This isn't about Portland.

I'm from a TA club with players from all over the state. ECNL clubs have players from all over the state too. So what. Before alliances, and yes, CU is an alliance of THUSC and Crossfire; all families likely could say that youth soccer drains their wallets.

Quit this us-versus-them battle of idiots. Its all pathetic and stupid.

If people want to know how college preparedness works, do your own homework.
              Go to the NCAA, NAIA sites. If your kid is a phenom that is so driven and talented, she (he) likely is already playing on one of the youth national (or international teams-yes, they are out there), and is solely headed for professional play and doesn't care about the poor compensation and working conditions, then go for it. Sign up for the GDA or ECNL in Oregon or elsewhere.

Who benefits most by repeatedly trash talking someone else's league or club on this forum? A salaried staffer or a dysfunctional parent.

Comment

Please be specific and identify these "usual TA lemmings" you are always talking about here. You seem to have quite a bit of anger towards anyone associated with Timber Alliance clubs.

Considering that there are a large number of people in those clubs, exactly who is it that has provoked you so and why?

Is it because of the OPL?

Comment

Like Hope Solo is someone we should all listen too. What will she do if we don't, beat us up?
                  https://thenypost.files.wordpress.co...trip=all&w=600

Comment

But that great recruiting platform called Portland ECNL hasn't done anything for the current crop of U15 and U16 ECNL players. It's done well for ECNL teams across the country, but so far in Portland, not so much. Wow, talk about a waste of money and time. All for glory seeking parents I guess. The Facebook posts to the clueless friends made it all worth the money.
                    I suppose Eastside Timbers has done WAAAAYYYY better at getting HS girls recruited to college? And their program costs the same as ECNL. What a joke.

Comment

Hope solo is their role model spokesperson? Wow.

Comment

I didn't realize she had been arrested for domestic violence. The details are not good. Read the ESPN story. Awful.

Comment

The problem is, not many paying customers want to watch women playing soccer. Perhaps it's not fair, but that's the economics of women's sports, and there's no Title IX for the pros.

Of course, most DDs of most parents in the forum aren't likely ever to be playing professionally. But those girls who do have a shot probably understood that fair or not, they're not going to be getting an eight-figure contract in the Prem.

There's no interest in women professional soccer. I'll watch the US women team in the final if they are playing a good team. There's no interest in the WBA either.

There's way more interest in women beach volleyball and tennis. immmmmm, sex sells.
                          I'm not to interested in a bunch of butched lesbians running on the soccer field. Sad truth

Comment

There's no interest in women professional soccer. I'll watch the US women team in the final if they are playing a good team. There's no interest in the WBA either.

There's way more interest in women beach volleyball and tennis. immmmmm, sex sells.
                            I'm not to interested in a bunch of butched lesbians running on the soccer field. Sad truth
                            Your mom loved it and you were a disappointment to her.

Comment

Pretty horrible conditions, our local WPSL club has better conditions than that. I don't know how WPSL will stay in business.

Comment

Hope solo is not the kind of role model most parents want.
                                Like her or not, she is a better role model than 95% of the NFL players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X