Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Annoying non-youthsport people

We all know how annoying hockey, soccer, and basketball parents are. Here is my list of people who may or may not be even more annoying: (NOT IN ORDER)

1) Your friend that sends you internet screeds about how this country is going down the drain, usually accompanied by a internet rumour (i.e. Lee Iacocca's foreword rant about Obama - which was actually written about GW Bush) or about a non existent constitutional amendment. Posts also feature a really annoying and deadly serious cartoon depiction of a bald eagle draped in an American flag. I send them back a snopes fail report and a cartoon picture of the duck from Pearls before swine.

2) The gaggles of cyclists out for their 4am group ride through your town. No man should EVER wear spandex if it is not the Olympics. And please shut up - I am trying to sleep.

3) The weekend Harley riders. Basically secretaries and white collar males playing Disney dress-up. These people work so hard to look tough that they look like the bikers from Eastwoods Every which way but loose. Right turn Clyde!

4) Home school and unschool advocates. You are weird and your kids are weird. Send them to school. They need to be away from YOU.

5) Your friend who used to be the wild-child who just found Jesus and thinks you should too.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We all know how annoying hockey, soccer, and basketball parents are. Here is my list of people who may or may not be even more annoying: (NOT IN ORDER)

1) Your friend that sends you internet screeds about how this country is going down the drain, usually accompanied by a internet rumour (i.e. Lee Iacocca's foreword rant about Obama - which was actually written about GW Bush) or about a non existent constitutional amendment. Posts also feature a really annoying and deadly serious cartoon depiction of a bald eagle draped in an American flag. I send them back a snopes fail report and a cartoon picture of the duck from Pearls before swine.

2) The gaggles of cyclists out for their 4am group ride through your town. No man should EVER wear spandex if it is not the Olympics. And please shut up - I am trying to sleep.

3) The weekend Harley riders. Basically secretaries and white collar males playing Disney dress-up. These people work so hard to look tough that they look like the bikers from Eastwoods Every which way but loose. Right turn Clyde!

4) Home school and unschool advocates. You are weird and your kids are weird. Send them to school. They need to be away from YOU.

5) Your friend who used to be the wild-child who just found Jesus and thinks you should too.
    But most importantly people that have the time to post this! Very annoying!

Comment

This country is already flushed down the toilet. Fed spending has gone up 100% in 10
      years, 50% in 3 years, 16 trillion in Debt and doubling soon. China has 0.00 Debt. U got a narcisist marxist president with zero leadership experience promising to cut the defecit while spending trillions more to nationalize free healthcare.U got increasing taxes and regulation on all private business to help pay for it and other new spending.
      In the end it doesnt matter, the liberals have won, u cant stop the spending growth and government political spending machine.
      Put a fork in the country. Hooray!! Spain won the World Cup, but the US played well.

Comment

Right you tool. It's better to let your kids get indocrinated into pathetic federal schooling standards than to take it into your own hands (from someone who paid quite a premium on a house to live in one the better school districts and still sends his kids to private school because I can afford to)

Comment

But most importantly people that have the time to post this! Very annoying!
          #5) People who spend time in forums posting about how the fact that other people spend time in the forum posting.

Comment

Right you tool. It's better to let your kids get indocrinated into pathetic federal schooling standards than to take it into your own hands (from someone who paid quite a premium on a house to live in one the better school districts and still sends his kids to private school because I can afford to)
            As opposed to having no standards so mommy can take little Joshua to the supermarket and count that as math class AND home economics. I know a homeschooler that used to count their drive to Florida as geography class.

BTW - the main difference between private and public schools is the private schools have much better quality drugs at the HS level.

Comment

1) Your friend that sends you internet screeds about how this country is going down the drain, usually accompanied by a internet rumor (i.e. Lee Iacocca's foreword rant about Obama - which was actually written about GW Bush) or about a non existent constitutional amendment. Posts also feature a really annoying and deadly serious cartoon depiction of a bald eagle draped in an American flag. I send them back a snopes fail report and a cartoon picture of the duck from Pearls before swine.

I think this list is hilarious and spot on. Thanks for the laugh!!

By the way, these homeschooling weirdoes are second only to the Evangelical School weirdoes (read "private school" not). For God's sake, and our's, do NOT rile them up!! We'll have to start a Massachusetts Religious Rant thread to siphon them off!

Comment

6.) People that rant against obama and government pensions and spending annoy me.
                Just bend over like a good serf.

Contra Costa's $100,000-plus public pensions club grew by 25 percent last year
                By Matthias Gafni
                Contra Costa Times
                Posted: 08/06/2010 04:10:38 PM PDT
                Updated: 08/07/2010 05:04:59 AM PDT

First Last Pay
                Craig Bowen $291,057
                Silvano Marchesi $269,698
                Christopher C Suter $267,504
                David C Coleman $267,012
                Richard Probert $255,609
                Michael A Sylvia $251,639
                Victor Westman $251,539
                Peter Nowicki $246,947
                William Maxfield $213,476
                Allen Little $211,865
                Donald Hobert $206,558
                Warren Rupf $206,151
                Jeffrey Enos $204,810
                Dennis Evanson $203,991
                Michael Argo $203,857
                Maurice M Shiu $203,022
                Dewey Savell $200,611
                Timothy M Palmer $199,261
                Clark Walker $198,796
                Robert Cullen $198,039
                Kathryn Clayton $196,719
                James Nichols $196,346
                Richard Carpenter $194,082
                Christine Dean $192,214
                Donald Benson $192,048
                George M Lawrence $189,146
                Ronald L Dalton $188,952
                Dr. Jane A. Kappel $185,783
                Lionel D Chatman $184,911
                Charles Berletti $184,844
                Russell Pitkin $183,731
                Edward G Borden $182,530
                Gary Yancey $181,673
                Boyd Clegg $180,793
                Daniel E Terry $180,788
                Obie Anderson $179,847
                Karen L Sheldon $179,274
                Dale Miller $177,907
                Steven C Tremain $177,562
                Larry Thude $177,177
                Kevin C Ryan $176,344
                Edward Lucas $176,284
                Joseph Huyssoon $176,096
                Susan A Hutcher $175,840
                Gregory Holm $174,892
                Gregory Moore $174,615
                Jon Walford $174,083
                Jay McCoy $173,850
                Arthur Walenta $173,695
                William A Stice $172,538

Created with Caspio

Complete ListContra Costa's $100,000 pension club has some new members.

Since last year, the Contra Costa County Employees' Retirement Association has 24 percent more retirees and beneficiaries earning more than $100,000 a year, according to newly released statistics.

The group rose from 432 to 535 members from July 2009 to last month.

The elite club represents 7.6 percent of the county's 7,012 retirees and beneficiaries. The monthly cost of this group is $5.76 million, and it receives 23.8 percent of the county's pension dollars.

"This simply cannot go on," said Kris Hunt, Contra Costa Taxpayers Association executive director. "We are trading services for pensions." She was referring to the claim that rising public pension costs translate into fewer tax dollars available for government services.

In comparison, Orange County, with almost twice as many retirees, has 594 pensioners in the $100,000-plus club, representing 4.9 percent of the entire system. Orange County's elite pensioners receive 17 percent of the entire retiree benefits, according to the Orange County Employees Retirement System.

"We're going to just see more and more members of this group until they change benefits for retirees," Hunt said. "Even if you change now, it will be 60 years before you see a difference."

Still topping the list is Craig Bowen, former San Ramon Valley Fire District chief, with his $291,057 pension. A former deputy chief and a chief from

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                the same department fill the No. 3 ($267,504) and No. 5 ($255,608) spots, respectively. New to the top five is recently retired county counsel Silvano Marchesi, at $269,698 a year and former public defender David Coleman at $267,012 annually.

Bay Area News Group was unable to contact the top five pensioners Friday afternoon for comment.

This year's group also saw 17 retirees drawing $200,000 or more annually, compared with 10 last year. The elite list added 114 people with an average of $131,076 annually. About 42 of them crept over the $100,000 line with their annual cost-of-living adjustments; the other 72 retired with pensions averaging $136,256 annually.

Upper crust pensioners and ballooning public employee salaries and pension costs have been making waves in Contra Costa, the state and nationwide.

"It makes people lose confidence in public managers because everyone wants and expects senior managers to work in the public's best interest and not their personal interests," said Contra Costa supervisor John Gioia, a retirement association trustee.

The county association pools retirement money for 17 different agencies. Among Contra Costa County employees, for every $1 spent on salary, 80 cents must be spent on benefits. The county pays $220 million annually in pension costs, which is expect to grow to about $270 million by 2015.

"Clearly, pension costs are the No. 1 financial issue going on in the county and our No. 1 labor objective in labor negotiations," Gioia said.

Public safety employees account for more than 63 percent (340 members) of $100,000-plus pensions.

Managers take the biggest public safety pensions, said the Contra Costa firefighters union president.

"As for rank-and-file firefighters, we pay a lot into retirement," said Vince Wells, president of the Contra Costa firefighters union. He said he pays 26 percent of his salary into his retirement.

"For police, fire, teachers, nurses ... for what they actually provide the community it's very well deserving that they are taken care of after they're done working," he said.

Many top earners also spiked their pensions -- adding unused vacation and unused sick pay, among other pay perks -- to increase their final salary calculations, increasing their lifelong retirement payments.

In one of the most publicized Contra Costa examples, No. 1 pensioner Bowen, who retired at 51, went from a final year base salary of $222,507 to a starting pension of $283,958 annually. His pension could cost taxpayers almost $8.5 million over the next three decades.

"We can't solely blame spikers -- it's the boards who continue to pass the policies," Hunt said.

$100,000 pension club

Comment

OMG the MEGA weirdos have arrived -- MODERATOR!!!!

Comment

Ohhh. I get it. Instead of spending 1000's of hours playing soccer , with the payoff being a 40,000 wpsa salary and no pension or a 80,000 MLS salary and no pension, the kids should instead join the young democrats club in HS and college and spend a few hours campaining for their favorite left wing candidate, in hopes they can land one of these government jobs when they graduate. Good idea.

Comment

To the author of post #8:

This is spam. Ok...the thread deviate from soccer but what does this story about a CA town have to do with this thread, this state , or this coast?

Someone moved an irrelevant post from another thread to the politics thread and this one belongs there too. I'll warn you that there is somebody over there mopping the floors with posts like this. Its pretty amusing.

Comment

Ohhh. I get it. Instead of spending 1000's of hours playing soccer , with the payoff being a 40,000 wpsa salary and no pension or a 80,000 MLS salary and no pension, the kids should instead join the young democrats club in HS and college and spend a few hours campaining for their favorite left wing candidate, in hopes they can land one of these government jobs when they graduate. Good idea.
                        Exactly!! Except the way we are heading, even they won't be able to collect blood from a stone.

U.S. Is Bankrupt and We Don't Even Know It: Laurence Kotlikoff

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...kotlikoff.html

I can hardly wait until Mr. Libtard pulls this one apart because the guy is a professor at BU, not Hahvahd.

Comment

Please, please, please someone shut this terrible thread down!!! These wackos belong in the politics thread. They are going to twist up and poison what little sanity is left in this forum!

Comment

Please, please, please someone shut this terrible thread down!!! These wackos belong in the politics thread. They are going to twist up and poison what little sanity is left in this forum!
                            In case you didn't notice, the thread was moved.

Got to be a libtard. They want to shut down any discourse that doesn't agree with their point of view.

Comment

6.) People that rant against obama and government pensions and spending annoy me.
                              Just bend over like a good serf.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2010/...ue-to-prosper/

The Bureau of Economic Analysis has released its annual data on compensation levels by industry. The data show that the pay advantage enjoyed by federal civilian workers over private-sector workers continues to expand. This state of affairs is a thumb in the eye of the private sector, which continues to struggle with high unemployment. Many private sector employees have been forced to take pay and benefit cuts while continuing to fund generous federal employee compensation with their taxes.

Figure 1 looks at average wages. In 2009, the average wage for 1.95 million federal civilian workers was $81,258, which compared to an average $50,462 for the nation’s 101 million private sector workers (measured in full-time equivalents). The figure shows that the federal pay advantage (the gap between the lines) continued its steady increase over the past decade.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/wp-co...ven101_new.jpg

Figure 2 shows that the federal advantage is even more remarkable when worker benefits are included. In 2009, federal worker compensation averaged a whopping $123,049, which was more than double the private sector average of $61,051.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/wp-co...ven102_new.jpg

The disparity between average federal and private employee compensation has risen dramatically over the decade: from 66 percent in 2000 to 101 percent in 2009. Defenders of generous federal employee compensation point to the higher levels of education in the federal workforce. However, it’s doubtful that education accounts for the growing disparity between federal and private compensation.

Figure 3 shows that federal employees also enjoy much greater job security (data is from Table 18 here). In 2009, a private sector employee was more than three times more likely to be laid off or fired than a federal employee.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/wp-co...ven103_new.jpg

A good indicator of the adequacy of federal compensation is the quit rate. Figure 4 shows that in 2009, private sector employees quit at a rate that was more than eight times higher than federal employees (data is from Table 16 here). This indicates that federal employees recognize that the generous combination of wages, benefits, and job security is hard to match in the private sector, so they stay put.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/wp-co...en104_new2.jpg

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X