Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Poor training methods then. Not proper work to rest ratios. Players overburdened.
    So explain the summertime injury. You can't because your assessment is BS. It is also is no different than any other college program. Sometimes teams are just unlucky

Comment

Fairfield has a pathetic record and the worst schedule ever. He better bring in his own girls soon because the present group can’t stand him. Just ask any of the players even starters. Done horrible losses.

Comment

Fairfield has a pathetic record and the worst schedule ever. He better bring in his own girls soon because the present group can’t stand him. Just ask any of the players even starters. Done horrible losses.
        Fairfield is actually a little bit better than they've been the past few years. After the 2014 season, in which they were 14-4-3, FU has gone 5-10-4, 3-13-2, 6-9-2, and they're 7-8-2 this season. If FU beats Marist in the next game they'll end up at 8-8-2 and with the best record they've had since the '14 season.

I'm curious - what is it about the coach that the FU players can't stand?

Comment

Fairfield is actually a little bit better than they've been the past few years. After the 2014 season, in which they were 14-4-3, FU has gone 5-10-4, 3-13-2, 6-9-2, and they're 7-8-2 this season. If FU beats Marist in the next game they'll end up at 8-8-2 and with the best record they've had since the '14 season.

Parents of kids that don't play are the ones that are typically on the board complaining. New Coach playing a lot of Freshman and Sophomores.

Like SHU, the coach inherits a team that has underperformed for a few years. Turning things around is a multiple year process. They at least need to get a few recruiting classes in and see if they can right the ship a bit.

Fairfield's record this year is inflated by their weak out of conference schedule. Also very unlikely that they beat Marist on the road. Marist has emerged as one of the better teams in the MAAC.

Comment

Parents of kids that don't play are the ones that are typically on the board complaining. New Coach playing a lot of Freshman and Sophomores.

Like SHU, the coach inherits a team that has underperformed for a few years. Turning things around is a multiple year process. They at least need to get a few recruiting classes in and see if they can right the ship a bit.

Fairfield's record this year is inflated by their weak out of conference schedule. Also very unlikely that they beat Marist on the road. Marist has emerged as one of the better teams in the MAAC.
            Agreed. Have to give him some time. No knock on the current players, sometimes it just takes time to adjust to a new style. Players and coach and vice versa. Once FU has a few years to get their group in, things will turn around. It’s a good place.

Comment

Don’t know the coach or players so can’t speak to that, but if you look at their record and results against common opponents from last year, they are much worse than last year. Not uncommon as someone said as they weren’t his players and likely style of play they were recruited for is different.

Comment

Don’t know the coach or players so can’t speak to that, but if you look at their record and results against common opponents from last year, they are much worse than last year. Not uncommon as someone said as they weren’t his players and likely style of play they were recruited for is different.
                What is the FU coach's style? I don't know because I haven't seen them play this year. I had heard that he likes a very direct game without a lot of buildup of play. No "beautiful game" with him. Any truth to that?

Comment

What is the FU coach's style? I don't know because I haven't seen them play this year. I had heard that he likes a very direct game without a lot of buildup of play. No "beautiful game" with him. Any truth to that?
                  No clue on that one. Haven’t seen them play this year at all.

Comment

They have the best striker in the league so I think their plan is pretty simple...get her the ball.

They certainly aren’t Barcelona but they try to play. CT Frosh from Oakwood playing a lot and more Ow kids coming in. I think that speaks to what he is going for. Anyone recruiting Oakwood kids knows how they play. Having seen them a bunch it’s fairly direct but not kickball.

As far as the coach goes, he’s a good guy. Highly organized and expects a lot from the kids. Any time a new coach comes in, 50% of the roster won’t be happy. They struggled for years so you can’t expect someone new to come in and just play all of the same players.

The school itself is very desirable so they’ll attract some quality players

Comment

They have the best striker in the league so I think their plan is pretty simple...get her the ball.

They certainly aren’t Barcelona but they try to play. CT Frosh from Oakwood playing a lot and more Ow kids coming in. I think that speaks to what he is going for. Anyone recruiting Oakwood kids knows how they play. Having seen them a bunch it’s fairly direct but not kickball.

As far as the coach goes, he’s a good guy. Highly organized and expects a lot from the kids. Any time a new coach comes in, 50% of the roster won’t be happy. They struggled for years so you can’t expect someone new to come in and just play all of the same players.

I’ve never seen FU play, but OW kids are not known for being direct. The opposite actually so if he’s going to try and play direct with those kids, that’s not a good match. Question on the striker since you seem to be in the know. How come she doesn’t play much or start? Stats show she has played in most games but rarely starts (less than half) and minutes are half of the starters. I’d wonder if it was due to injury but she has played in every game unless she’s nursing something. Or is their friction? Very interested to see the recruiting class for the program.

Comment

Without being mean, I was very surprised that that OW player got money to play soccer. Either she got a lot better in a year, or that speaks volumes about FU and where they are.

Comment

Best striker in the league? Really?? Only 1 of her 12 goals is against a team with a winning record. She sounds like a bottom-feeder. I bet she is pretty fast but not very technical or creative. Probably can't create anything on her own, let alone for a teammate and likely scores mostly on long, open counters or if she happens to be standing in the right place at the right time (in front of the net) and stuffs in a trash goal. Seen this type a million times (in HS, club, and college) ..... would never count on her if I needed a goal in a big game against a good team which is also probably why she doesn't get as much time as another poster alluded to. I bet the whole team is filled with track stars and very few soccer players.

Comment

Best striker in the league? Really?? Only 1 of her 12 goals is against a team with a winning record. She sounds like a bottom-feeder. I bet she is pretty fast but not very technical or creative. Probably can't create anything on her own, let alone for a teammate and likely scores mostly on long, open counters or if she happens to be standing in the right place at the right time (in front of the net) and stuffs in a trash goal. Seen this type a million times (in HS, club, and college) ..... would never count on her if I needed a goal in a big game against a good team which is also probably why she doesn't get as much time as another poster alluded to. I bet the whole team is filled with track stars and very few soccer players.
                            .... and, ONLY 1 ASSIST!!! Embarrassing. We all know this type of player.

Comment

.... and, ONLY 1 ASSIST!!! Embarrassing. We all know this type of player.
                              More importantly we know the type of parent that would post such nonsense on TS.

Comment

More importantly we know the type of parent that would post such nonsense on TS.
                                Yeah, one of the other 30 players on the team that does all of the work!

-Not an FU parent (just looked into the stats quickly .... there is always a story there if you look for it)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X