Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All the Govt. cheese in the world cannot replace two parents who demand respect, demand education and demand accountability.

Baltimore is a prime example of all of the failed democratic policies. And what do they want now? More money, more resources, more help.

Look in the mirror and police your own. If a kid is acting like a punk, a father, brother, neighbor, cousin whomever needs to give him a dope slap and straighten him out. Or you can hope that Uncle Sam will fix it for you.
    A "dope" slap is most of the problem.

Comment

A "dope" slap is most of the problem.
      More issues caused by the soccer community not involving the inner city youth. Soccer can fix it all.

Comment

What exactly does the moral decline of a Mid Atlantic city have to with soccer in this state?

This belongs in the politics forum.
        I love a good political argument and have joined in quite a few when what started out as a soccer thread took a wrong turn, but like you I had to ask, why is this thread even being started?

Comment

who do we blame for this?

The Pman and BTDT, clearly!

Comment

I love a good political argument and have joined in quite a few when what started out as a soccer thread took a wrong turn, but like you I had to ask, why is this thread even being started?

It was started out of anger and frustration after reading the article. To have a somewhat specific group of people being so violent and to have the politicians essentially allow it to happen is frustrating. To then read the 'analysis' of how it came to be makes one angry. Although there is some value to the analysis, in that idle minds find things to do, at no point did the analysis ever put the responsibility on the violent people for their own plight. More so, the police commissioner has stepped down while the Mayor who was OK with the citizens 'blowing off steam' is still in office.

The leaders of the black community (Sharpton, Farrakhan) were more than willing to come at the onset and promote further unrest, protest, and violence, but where are they now? True leaders would have led from the onset to its resolution. Instead the so-called leaders of the black community only incited more fire and violence.

What do we have now....continued violence, poor community leadership, hack politicians, and a police force that has little desire to be involved and then blamed for the next death of a black person. For every one of these deaths we read weeks of news articles and editorials of how police and the white community continue to keep down the black community. However, for 45, 50, or 100s of black on black deaths we only read the summation article at mid-year or annually, during which time police and non-blacks are blamed for the problem.

This thread was started here in attempt to refocus all on what is happening outside of your safe zones so that you might recognize what is really happening in your own community and country. Sports are a great thing but there is a whole world out there that your little cherubs are not seeing. For most of the TS posters, this should anger you since it will ultimately spill into your living rooms and you will always be blamed for it. Why not?? After all, anything other would mean that those criminals and violent thugs along with their leaders would have to accept responsibility. Why do that when this current administration is feeding on it?

Comment

It was started out of anger and frustration after reading the article. To have a somewhat specific group of people being so violent and to have the politicians essentially allow it to happen is frustrating. To then read the 'analysis' of how it came to be makes one angry. Although there is some value to the analysis, in that idle minds find things to do, at no point did the analysis ever put the responsibility on the violent people for their own plight. More so, the police commissioner has stepped down while the Mayor who was OK with the citizens 'blowing off steam' is still in office.

The leaders of the black community (Sharpton, Farrakhan) were more than willing to come at the onset and promote further unrest, protest, and violence, but where are they now? True leaders would have led from the onset to its resolution. Instead the so-called leaders of the black community only incited more fire and violence.

What do we have now....continued violence, poor community leadership, hack politicians, and a police force that has little desire to be involved and then blamed for the next death of a black person. For every one of these deaths we read weeks of news articles and editorials of how police and the white community continue to keep down the black community. However, for 45, 50, or 100s of black on black deaths we only read the summation article at mid-year or annually, during which time police and non-blacks are blamed for the problem.

This thread was started here in attempt to refocus all on what is happening outside of your safe zones so that you might recognize what is really happening in your own community and country. Sports are a great thing but there is a whole world out there that your little cherubs are not seeing. For most of the TS posters, this should anger you since it will ultimately spill into your living rooms and you will always be blamed for it. Why not?? After all, anything other would mean that those criminals and violent thugs along with their leaders would have to accept responsibility. Why do that when this current administration is feeding on it?

This might be Obama's legacy. Race relations and progress have eroded for the first time since the Civil Rights movement. There are an entire generation of folks who believed that all would be well under a black president, that he would deliver them out of whatever circumstances that they were existing under. He has further disillusioned an already disillusioned group. It HAS to be someone's fault. Unfortunately it is easier to blame someone else than look in the mirror.

Comment

This might be Obama's legacy. Race relations and progress have eroded for the first time since the Civil Rights movement. There are an entire generation of folks who believed that all would be well under a black president, that he would deliver them out of whatever circumstances that they were existing under. He has further disillusioned an already disillusioned group. It HAS to be someone's fault. Unfortunately it is easier to blame someone else than look in the mirror.
                Written by a black man (or a brown man as he prefers) at the Daily Kos.

"The so called Great Society was nothing more than a way to destroy the family structure and disincentivize work–along the way make slaves of people. It is said that a government program–once implemented–never goes away because the various constituencies will vote out anyone that touches their entitlement. While you are at it fellow brown people (again I refuse to insult myself by calling myself black) just know it is political suicide when you vote 95% plus for only Democrats. This is why they take you for granted and only pay lip-service to you once every four years and then treat you like third class citizens the rest of the election cycle. Come on don’t you see we are being bamboozled yet again, how long before we realize that neither the Democratic party–nor the Republicans–care on iota about us. Put it this way, if you vote almost 100% for one party and that one party doesn’t do **** for you, that makes you a slave to this “Democratic” party doesn’t it now? I mean finally they throw us a bone and give you a president that looks like us but who does not care about us–all he does is talk about us after our children die.I mean do you not see his duplicitous ways when he utters the “Trayvon could have been my son” shtick but does not say a word when every day “black on black violence” takes copious lives. Why aren’t the children who die daily in his hometown his children, are they less valuable because they are taken by someone who is of their race? This is a man who specializes in dividing us, he has lit poured kerosene on the entire country and is about to enjoy the bonfire of his vanities when the conflict he is stoking finally explodes–trust me there are nefarious people in powerful positions fanning the flames of a race riot."

Comment

Where's the liberal media on this? Ya, I know. Out chasing some dentist that shot a lion.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr4bYXK7je8

“Death is sweeter than to continue to live and bury our children while white folks give the killer hamburgers. Death is sweeter than watching us slaughter each other to the joy of a 400-year-old enemy."

“Retaliation is a prescription from God to calm the breast of those whose children have been slain.”

"So if the federal government will not intercede in our affairs, then we must rise up and kill those who kill us, stalk them, and kill them and let them feel the pain of death that we are feeling.”

-Louis Farrakhan, last week in Miami

And check out the applauding audience. Yep, Islam is the religion of peace.

Comment

This is interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egGUEvY7CEg

Comment

Where's the liberal media on this? Ya, I know. Out chasing some dentist that shot a lion.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr4bYXK7je8

“Death is sweeter than to continue to live and bury our children while white folks give the killer hamburgers. Death is sweeter than watching us slaughter each other to the joy of a 400-year-old enemy."

“Retaliation is a prescription from God to calm the breast of those whose children have been slain.”

"So if the federal government will not intercede in our affairs, then we must rise up and kill those who kill us, stalk them, and kill them and let them feel the pain of death that we are feeling.”

-Louis Farrakhan, last week in Miami

And check out the applauding audience. Yep, Islam is the religion of peace.
                      Why are mostly white areas wealthy and mostly black towns poor? Are there any predominately black cities that are considered wealthy? If Baltimore has a black mayor, black police commissioner, etc, why are black people so concerned what white people think and continue to play the victim card crying that white people are demoralizing them? Which white people are marginalizing black youth when there aren't any around?

I don't blame black people for my failures. I don't blame anyone but myself. Oh and if the police ever shout to you to freeze or put your hands up, do it. Period.

Comment

Why are mostly white areas wealthy and mostly black towns poor? Are there any predominately black cities that are considered wealthy? If Baltimore has a black mayor, black police commissioner, etc, why are black people so concerned what white people think and continue to play the victim card crying that white people are demoralizing them? Which white people are marginalizing black youth when there aren't any around?

I don't blame black people for my failures. I don't blame anyone but myself. Oh and if the police ever shout to you to freeze or put your hands up, do it. Period.
                        You obviously lack the necessary insight to have an intelligent discussion about the reason for the considerable disparities between blacks and whites in this country. Given the way you think, the disparity must be due to a genetic character flaw that blacks are prone to. Slavery, Jim Crow,red lining and other discriminatory practices have nothing to do with it.

Comment

You obviously lack the necessary insight to have an intelligent discussion about the reason for the considerable disparities between blacks and whites in this country. Given the way you think, the disparity must be due to a genetic character flaw that blacks are prone to. Slavery, Jim Crow,red lining and other discriminatory practices have nothing to do with it.
                          Different poster. Assuming you see yourself as not lacking the necessary insight blah blah blah...

What's your view on The 1965 Moynihan Report (from FIFTY ****ing years ago!!!)?

Should I make popcorn?

Comment

Your an enabler. Just keep paying the reparations and we will shower you with white guilt. I would refer you to the bell curve and banks used to give loans to folks that could pay them back. Barney Frank and HUD proved that is the way to do it... Your progressive ideas are just plain terrible.

Comment

Your an enabler. Just keep paying the reparations and we will shower you with white guilt. I would refer you to the bell curve and banks used to give loans to folks that could pay them back. Barney Frank and HUD proved that is the way to do it... Your progressive ideas are just plain terrible.
                              How much time per week to you spend at your local klavern?

Comment

How do you explain generations of other immigrants coming to this country with nothing but a willingness to work then rising through the prejudice they ALL faced to claim their slice of the American pie? One big difference with other racial or ethnic groups is they all tended to band together to help each whereas in the black communities they tend to turn on each other. Don't know what causes it but you don't see little Italy, little Havana, Chinatown etc erupt in violence and start destroying their neighbor's property every time they get confronted with an injustice. If you don't think those other groups faced equal or even greater injustices you don't know American history.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X