Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone use a kick board

my daughters trainer said the best thing she could do in her off time is practice just hitting the ball against a kick board in the yard or basement. Anyone have one, did you make it or do you know someone who sells them? sorry for the newbie question... first round at this soccer thing with my 9 year old.

yes, anything getting a youngster playing in her offtime is key. recent post here from someone referenced a successful YNT player about how he succeeded and IIRC answer was first touch and playing at home.

kick boards (walls, etc) are great. just google and have your daughter look for something fun. my kids just wore out a taped garage door until i relented and got them a real goal.

Comment

(also meant to add don't go crazy spending $$)

Comment

yeah.. googled it and saw kwik had one for 379....what......
        figured i make one.....

Comment

yea my kid kicks at the door. doesn't take much but the repeated rebounding and kicking does seem to help. If anything it is just more times with a ball at her feet.

Comment

If need be take her to a playground at a school or other building (with no windows). I got good at tennis spending endless hours hitting the ball against my middle school wall.

Comment

This isn't quite the same thing, but I'm sick of digging balls out of the woods behind my house

https://opengoaaalusa.com/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X