Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am laughing as you have no idea. Players like my daughters who has started every game and played most of the game will definitely move. There is zero incentive not to. The ECNL teams at their age groups suck plain and simple. Add in reduced cost and it is an easy decision. I am fairly certain you will see most of the talent move.
    Let me know how those "reduced" costs work out for you. Hope you have an extra $20K laying around for all the extra travel to get thumped 10-0 every game. And your HS coach is breathing a big sigh of relief knowing that he won't have to find a spot to "hide" your DD in those JV games.

Comment

Let me know how those "reduced" costs work out for you. Hope you have an extra $20K laying around for all the extra travel to get thumped 10-0 every game. And your HS coach is breathing a big sigh of relief knowing that he won't have to find a spot to "hide" your DD in those JV games.
      So funny. You are describing PDX ECNL with the difference being that now that the better clubs are moving you will be able to win a few.

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
        "Of the first 25 Girls DA clubs, only six were not part of the ECNL during the 2015-16 season: Beach SC, Cincinnati, Lamorinda, the Washington Spirit, the Boston Breakers and Seattle Reign"

Thorns Academy was ECNL?
        Who knew? Is that what Thorns were telling the parents? OYSA is the same as ECNL. Bunch of clowns. Anyone who falls for this Thorns DA scam needs serious help.

How in the world does US Soccer not know that Thorns Academy isn't ECNL? Thorns wouldn't have lied on their application would they?

Comment

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
          "Of the first 25 Girls DA clubs, only six were not part of the ECNL during the 2015-16 season: Beach SC, Cincinnati, Lamorinda, the Washington Spirit, the Boston Breakers and Seattle Reign"

Thorns Academy was ECNL?
          Who knew? Is that what Thorns were telling the parents? OYSA is the same as ECNL. Bunch of clowns. Anyone who falls for this Thorns DA scam needs serious help.

How in the world does US Soccer not know that Thorns Academy isn't ECNL? Thorns wouldn't have lied on their application would they?
          They've lied ever since day 1 so why not lie on the application too?

Comment

Right? Wish I had seen this writing on the wall. Time for a change I guess. I am hopeful that since the academy won't require two clubs per age group that the better players will mostly consolidate thereby elevating the level of play. Exciting stuff.
            This. Consolidating our very small amount of "elite" talent into one team and in particular, one team over 2 year age groups is a very big and very positive change overall.

Most actual parents don't give a flying F about all this club politics, ECNL vs Thorns, OYSA vs. OPL, blah blah blah drama and BS. We just want one place for the talent to consolidate in the older age groups, where there is an emphasis on training and less volume of games, with a higher quality. This will be a big step towards that.

I like ECNL more than the landscape we had without it for the record, but there is no way in hell it was ever a good idea to try fielding two teams at the same time. Regardless, anyone who has brand loyalty to any of these stupid clubs or leagues is an idiot and doing their children a disservice.

I for one welcome our new soccer overlords.

Comment

I am laughing as you have no idea. Players like my daughters who has started every game and played most of the game will definitely move. There is zero incentive not to. The ECNL teams at their age groups suck plain and simple. Add in reduced cost and it is an easy decision. I am fairly certain you will see most of the talent move.
              I don't think you'll see reduced costs. You should expect to pay $18,000-$20,000 if your DD is in fact on the travel roster for GDA. The only reason it's not for the boys is that the MLS has revenue and can foot the bill for the boys. No reason to do so for the girls, especially since that is not even paid for for WMLS

Comment

Girls DA makes no sense.

College coaches want multi-sport athletes.

Not being able to play in tournaments or guest with teams to play tournaments is not a great idea.

Girls don't want to give up social life for soccer. There is NO money in pro soccer for girls. So the route for girls should always be through college.
                Yeah, doesn't make sense. All for what? 10-15k a year and maybe one girl every year or two makes the national pool?

Comment

Yeah, doesn't make sense. All for what? 10-15k a year and maybe one girl every year or two makes the national pool?
                  The DA isn't just for girls who want to make the USWNT. It's no different than with the men's DA. They will get as much exposure or more for colleges. Colleges want multi-sport athletes? Dream on. They want girls who can play soccer. If they happen to play other sports, that's nice but clearly not a prerequisite.

Comment

This. Consolidating our very small amount of "elite" talent into one team and in particular, one team over 2 year age groups is a very big and very positive change overall.

Most actual parents don't give a flying F about all this club politics, ECNL vs Thorns, OYSA vs. OPL, blah blah blah drama and BS. We just want one place for the talent to consolidate in the older age groups, where there is an emphasis on training and less volume of games, with a higher quality. This will be a big step towards that.

I like ECNL more than the landscape we had without it for the record, but there is no way in hell it was ever a good idea to try fielding two teams at the same time. Regardless, anyone who has brand loyalty to any of these stupid clubs or leagues is an idiot and doing their children a disservice.

Well said and 100% correct.

Comment

Regardless, anyone who has brand loyalty to any of these stupid clubs or leagues is an idiot and doing their children a disservice.

Can't tell you how much I hate this sentiment with respect to clubs (don't have an opinion on leagues). Pick a club, make it the best it can be; will be some ups and downs but there is some value in loyalty. Yes there are times when it makes sense to change a club, but man do some folks have an itchy finger on it (and frankly I think they lose out on some of the community aspects).

Or maybe that is just an old sentiment, from a different era. Don't know, but didn't put my kids in team sports to teach them to just jump right away at the next great thing.

Like folks at FC, Westside, and THUSC; the ones I like the most are the ones that have supported their club through a few rough patches.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X