Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That would be amazing. Thank you Merritt Paulson!!
    Who wants to give up so much for those hefty womens' soccer salaries. This will fail.

Comment

Girls DA makes no sense.

College coaches want multi-sport athletes.

Not being able to play in tournaments or guest with teams to play tournaments is not a great idea.

Girls don't want to give up social life for soccer. There is NO money in pro soccer for girls. So the route for girls should always be through college.
      If it weren't for title 9, there'd be no money in college either. No one care about girls soccer.

Comment

Look at all the ecnl parents scared and angry because they got scammed and screwed their kids development.
        I think they are angry cause they flushed 10's of thousands down the drain. At least that's why I'd be pissed.

Comment

Look at all the ecnl parents scared and angry because they got scammed and screwed their kids development.
          Nope - it looks like USSDA is going to be more expensive that what I am paying.

By the way, are you a parent posting this, or just an ******* alliance coach? If you are the former, why do you care what I spend? If the latter, **** off; you might have had a good day, but you are still an *******.

Comment

I thought travel was free?
            Girls DA will be free? That's a game changer for sure.

Comment

Nope - it looks like USSDA is going to be more expensive that what I am paying.

By the way, are you a parent posting this, or just an ******* alliance coach? If you are the former, why do you care what I spend? If the latter, **** off; you might have had a good day, but you are still an *******.
              I'd be angry too. Let it all out. Wasting all that $ on ECNL, yes we understand your pain.

Comment

Girls DA will be free? That's a game changer for sure.
                when the time is right, all the ecnl girls will switch over. Do what is best for your dd every year.

Comment

I think they are angry cause they flushed 10's of thousands down the drain. At least that's why I'd be pissed.
                  Those currently in the system will be fine. It will take a few yeas to see if this flies. Besides GDA isn't free, not even close. It will only be slightly less than ECNL and if there aren't 70+ clubs the travel will be worse = more $$$

Comment

Ha ha ha!! This cracks me up!!
                    Enjoy paying top $$ to play in a non-league of leftovers.

Comment

I thought travel was free?
                      I don't know what fantasy land you live in, but.... No, travel is not free.

Comment

Only people angry are those flushing thousands of dollars down the drain on a sub-standard Thorns Academy - just to play in the Beaverton Cup. Face it, Thorns couldn't draw flies to their Academy for the first 2 years, and now they are going to quadruple the costs just to get hammered even harder - and the girls can't participate in ANY other sports? Thorns will only get the truly truly delusional - the "C" teamers whose parents are convinced they are world-class because they can occasionally score a goal against PCU "C" teams in OYSA div 4.

Comment

Only people angry are those flushing thousands of dollars down the drain on a sub-standard Thorns Academy - just to play in the Beaverton Cup. Face it, Thorns couldn't draw flies to their Academy for the first 2 years, and now they are going to quadruple the costs just to get hammered even harder - and the girls can't participate in ANY other sports? Thorns will only get the truly truly delusional - the "C" teamers whose parents are convinced they are world-class because they can occasionally score a goal against PCU "C" teams in OYSA div 4.
                          Is there something you're afraid of? Take the Thorns out of the equation. It's a very impressive list of clubs, including some of the top ECNL clubs. I have absolutely no idea whether those clubs will not be separated from ECNL or if there is a combined component to it, but from the outside looking in, it looks to be an extremely competitive start. If the Thorns play it right (a big "if," I know), they will have a lot to sell come fall 2017.

Comment

Is there something you're afraid of? Take the Thorns out of the equation. It's a very impressive list of clubs, including some of the top ECNL clubs. I have absolutely no idea whether those clubs will not be separated from ECNL or if there is a combined component to it, but from the outside looking in, it looks to be an extremely competitive start. If the Thorns play it right (a big "if," I know), they will have a lot to sell come fall 2017.
                            You'll never sell the "no outside sports" thing to 99% of the players in Oregon/SWWA. Just won't fly.

Comment

Can't take them out of the equation and the hypocrisy cracks me up.

Alliance/Timbers have now for years been bemoaning the expense of ECNL, the inequality, etc. They fought ECNL at every turn, tried to prevent it from coming, bad- mouthed it here and elsewhere non-stop, called us non-loyal and worse when we took our daughter over.

Now that the Thorns have been accepted into what looks like a very expensive program, it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Suddenly the concerns about cost and exclusion have gone away.

The gripe has less to with this new league and everything to do with the Timbers/Thorns.

Having said that, don't know if my daughter is willing to give up HS ball or her other sport, but really will only affect 1, maybe 2 years. Also looks like another gimmick to fix something that wasn't really broken; if we want to fix a real problem, lets figure out why our boys are struggling so mightily on the global stage.

For my oldest really only 1 (maybe 2, but think we would switch year 1 anyways) becomes a question mark if USSDA actually launches, but all things being equal would prefer her not to ever wear a Timbers/Thorns patch unless she wants to.

Comment

I do think its crazy that the Thorns gets a usda position when they have shown already to do a subpar service to their teams. Its pretty laughable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X