Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copa America

Prediction 4-1 Argentina . . . or US wins 1-0 on a controversial pk.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Prediction 4-1 Argentina . . . or US wins 1-0 on a controversial pk.
    That is bold. I predict Argentina by 1, 2, or 3 goals. Or USA by 1 goal.

Comment

Missed it by a goal - thought Argentina might let one slip after getting a big lead. . . . wrong they played with us for 90 minutes.

Comment

Missed it by a goal - thought Argentina might let one slip after getting a big lead. . . . wrong they played with us for 90 minutes.
        Gee, funny how you left out the 'US 1-0' pick. You're not quite ready for the sports books at Vegas.

Comment

Gee, funny how you left out the 'US 1-0' pick. You're not quite ready for the sports books at Vegas.
          What?

Comment

What?
            The US looked like a bad club team!!!!

The team is coach by a German (and we know Germans can coach as demonstrated by their world cup results).

Problem is Klingmens is working with America's lesser athletes. You can only squeeze so much out of average athletes.

I want to see Lebron James in the goal box.

NFL skilled players on the pitch with 4.3/4.4 speed.

Nobody in America cares about soccer. We suck.

Comment

The team is coach by a German (and we know Germans can coach as demonstrated by their world cup results).

Problem is Klingmens is working with America's lesser athletes. You can only squeeze so much out of average athletes.

You're dumb. Semi's is fantastic. They lost to Messi. Best player best team in the world. Messi would run freakin circles around the Lebrons. A little 5'6" guy would make Lebron look like a fool. It's 2 different worlds that you don't understand. Did I mention you are dumb? I'm not a fan of the ignorant (hint: you).

Comment

we suck because of crazy azz parents like yourselves that don't allow kids to learn the game correctly. You want to be on the best team, playing all of the time with the best players, playing in 4 tournaments a summer. you are the problem

Comment

It's not that we don't have good enough athletes. It's that we don't have good enough soccer players.

Comment

Did Bradley think we were wearing blue?

Comment

You're dumb. Semi's is fantastic. They lost to Messi. Best player best team in the world. Messi would run freakin circles around the Lebrons. A little 5'6" guy would make Lebron look like a fool. It's 2 different worlds that you don't understand. Did I mention you are dumb? I'm not a fan of the ignorant (hint: you).
                      Any one of the top level CB's in the NFL, like the honey badger would not only stick to messi like glue but would rough him up. I'm very certain he's much quicker and faster than messi. Would never happen though because brothers from the hood have zero interest in soccer.

Comment

Any one of the top level CB's in the NFL, like the honey badger would not only stick to messi like glue but would rough him up. I'm very certain he's much quicker and faster than messi. Would never happen though because brothers from the hood have zero interest in soccer.
                        US men had bad touches and panicked under pressure. Pathetic for a country of 350 million.

Comment

US men had bad touches and panicked under pressure. Pathetic for a country of 350 million.

Maybe Garrett Smith at Portland can turn the men around. NOT.

Comment

I think you're oversimplifying it a bit, but in general I agree with you.
                            Our best athletes are going where the money is: Football and Basketball. Baseball doesn't count because nothing about baseball converts to soccer.
                            Not all the top athletes in football and basketball have the potential to be good soccer players, but there is a large number of athletes that have the mental and physical attributes needed to be some of the best in soccer if they would have chosen that route. At least eighteen of them....
                            But soccer is not cool in America. And it doesn't pay well (compared to NBA and NFL) in America. And the youth programs like Timbers Alliance and FCP and THUSC and whatever else is in the area, they all suck. Why? Because soccer does not grow in 1-2 hour practices 2-4 times per week under the direction of sparsely staffed clubs. Soccer grows in the playgrounds and streets in pick up games where competitiveness drives one player to try and best the next. Where the kid who has one move learns two moves and how to beat three players. Where the defender learns to stand up the kid with the fancy moves and send his team back down the field - or take it himself.
                            This is what happens with basketball.
                            This is what happens with football.
                            Until this happens with soccer we will have good teams, but never great teams.

Comment

I think you're oversimplifying it a bit, but in general I agree with you.
                              Our best athletes are going where the money is: Football and Basketball. Baseball doesn't count because nothing about baseball converts to soccer.
                              Not all the top athletes in football and basketball have the potential to be good soccer players, but there is a large number of athletes that have the mental and physical attributes needed to be some of the best in soccer if they would have chosen that route. At least eighteen of them....
                              But soccer is not cool in America. And it doesn't pay well (compared to NBA and NFL) in America. And the youth programs like Timbers Alliance and FCP and THUSC and whatever else is in the area, they all suck. Why? Because soccer does not grow in 1-2 hour practices 2-4 times per week under the direction of sparsely staffed clubs. Soccer grows in the playgrounds and streets in pick up games where competitiveness drives one player to try and best the next. Where the kid who has one move learns two moves and how to beat three players. Where the defender learns to stand up the kid with the fancy moves and send his team back down the field - or take it himself.
                              This is what happens with basketball.
                              This is what happens with football.
                              Until this happens with soccer we will have good teams, but never great teams.
                              The goal should not be the MLS.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-usa-argentina

The NBA has lots of foreign players. Why can't Americans dream of playing in Europe or South America?

(I agree with much of your other points.)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X