Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puzzling.

The amount of energy and time people spend bashing something they want no part of.

Comment

First Class Whacko's

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I don't know where you are hanging out. But I see/hear zero recruiting going on at our ECNL team and soccer in general (my younger child still plays for a TA club so I'm around both sides). Our ECNL team has 18 strong players and I don't feel any concern or sense of urgency that things need to change or improve. We are happy with what we are doing. My suspicion is NO ONE is recruiting your kid and if they are, it was just a "hey we really like this in case you're interested" comment, spoken once, probably just being polite. I do get a lot of questions from TA families about ECNL - cost, benefits, coaches, travel - and I answer those honestly and enthusiastically because, as I said, we are happy with our daughter's decision. And so is she.

So my question is this. If no one is "hounding" your child, and you are happy where you are, why do you feel the need to go on here and write multi paragraph diatribes about the evils of ECNL? Just be happy with your decision. Unless...you're lying.
      You are not hanging out within an earshot of a few obsessed Parents whose daughters play at CU and FC Portland. They are relentless in their efforts of recruiting our dd to join CU or FC PDX.

Just like this forum's posters, they also spend a lot of timeripping a new one for the Thorns Academy, why they do this? is like many posters mention here it's very puzzling.

We don't choose to play at CU or FC Portland due to the excessive and wasteful travel costs. It's that simple and not a wise use of our money. No matter how badly these clubs need better players, it's just too much coin. When so many talented girls reject the idea of playing at these clubs due to costs and travel it tell you they have some kinks to work out.

Maybe someday a model will work for a local club to compete and attract all of the best girls to one team, it's not the case today.

Comment

Puzzling.

The amount of energy and time people spend bashing something they want no part of.
        It's really not that puzzling parents continue to bash the Thorns Academy on here, they have nothing to do with.. those people must be really defensive about playing in this national league and spending so much money with no return .

I mean why would the Thorns Academy be a target of ridicule and constant attack if these parents want nothing to do with it and are happy spending thousands of dollars traveling across the country it's not puzzling it's just called a defense mechanism..

Comment

It's really not that puzzling parents continue to bash the Thorns Academy on here, they have nothing to do with.. those people must be really defensive about playing in this national league and spending so much money with no return .

I mean why would the Thorns Academy be a target of ridicule and constant attack if these parents want nothing to do with it and are happy spending thousands of dollars traveling across the country it's not puzzling it's just called a defense mechanism..
          W T F?

The title is about ecnl. Nobody cares about the Thorns. Well, other then when the thorns do badly, then it's just funny.

Comment

We all know who they are. Go ahead and list them here.

You know, the ones who are trying really hard to get your kid because they realize their situation doesn't look good without good players around them.

Their gamble isn't paying off more and more.

Overloaded rosters of 27 to manage costs.
            Atrocious costs and then you find out that you are going to the same crossfire challenge that any random team can go to.
            Not developing but recruiting coaches who don't care because their is always one more gullible parent.
            Can't figure out why coaches are telling fellow parents to try and go find other developed kids so they can replace the current ones who are sitting other 26 others players.

Some of the worst parents. Always 1-2 from each club and they are always the cancers. A couple pretty good players but the talent is diluted.

Try harder ecnl parents. Try harder.

Oh imagine that my dd got a D1 offer and I didn't fall for the scam.

Ecnl teams in oregon are struggling to find players. Yet their rosters are overblown to 27 to keep costs down.

ecnl is pretty much a scam in this area.

You dont have to go far to find a ecnl parent or coach that for some reason needs your kid to join when their current model isnt developing and doing the opposite.

Comment

W T F?

The title is about ecnl. Nobody cares about the Thorns. Well, other then when the thorns do badly, then it's just funny.
              I care about thorns academy. I'm dying to see how they do in the Beaverton Cup.

Comment

Ecnl teams in oregon are struggling to find players. Yet their rosters are overblown to 27 to keep costs down.

ecnl is pretty much a scam in this area.

You dont have to go far to find a ecnl parent or coach that for some reason needs your kid to join when their current model isnt developing and doing the opposite.
                The only teams out there with rosters of 27 full time players are Thorns Academy. Probably what is confusing you is when you look at the ECNL webpage and see a longer list of players. Any player who played in even one game during the entire ECNL season is listed there. As we all know, clubs bring players in from other teams within the club to cover when players are injured or sick or unavailable. What you are seeing on the website is a list of every girl who suited up, even once, that season. Now, with Thorns Academy, they accepted 27 right from the get go. And before you spout off saying that proves more girls were interested in Thorns Academy, remember they are two age group year teams. So they scraped the bottom of the barrel to get 27 girls from two full age groups. Pretty pathetic when you think about it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X