Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You have to know that 85% of college players play within 150 miles from their hometown. Why would you need ECNL for that? Is a trip to Dallas Tx going to get my DD a spot on a local college team? Nope.
    You aren't wasting your money by doing ECNL. I believe all money spent on sports is money well spent. I'm arguing that you don't need ECNL to play college soccer
    You're probably wasting your money having your DD play in Beaverton cup with Thorns Academy. But more power to you if you think the PCC coach will be there watching.

Comment

You have to know that 85% of college players play within 150 miles from their hometown. Why would you need ECNL for that? Is a trip to Dallas Tx going to get my DD a spot on a local college team? Nope.
      You aren't wasting your money by doing ECNL. I believe all money spent on sports is money well spent. I'm arguing that you don't need ECNL to play college soccer
      I totally agree. There are about 1500 schools that offer woman's college soccer.
      330 are Div I, 250 Div 2, 430 Div 3, NAIA\NJCCA\Other 450 ish. So, there is something
      for everybody. Hey, some community college league? No problem. PCC is great.

HOWEVER, if you want your dd to play as a starter in a top 25 Div 1 team, she better
      come from a very good ECNL team, national pool player, or the rare player that didn't
      do ECNL. She needs to be on fire. I can safely say that Top Div 2/3 teams are full
      of ECNL girls.

Sorry to burst your bubble, dad. But even local colleges, like Portland State, have
      three tiers of players. Impact/Starter players with scholarships, good core committed players with little or no scholarships, and walk-ons. Then, there is college intramural.
      See, your dd can play in college!

I love the movies that shows a diamond in the rough turn into the star player and wins the hearts and minds of the coaches, team, and the school.
      But that is fantasy. Hard work, talent, and sacrifice get to play high level sports.
      Aim low, dad. Your dd will that target.

Comment

You have ZERO clue what you are talking about. Top 25 D1 schools have more kids coming from non ecnl teams then all the players coming out of oregon going to college 5x over.

I can list you the clubs that aren't ECNL affiliated that would truck through any team from this state.

I can also list you clubs that are pulling out of ECNL because more and more people are finding out it is a scam to spend your kids college tuition on something they could have and have gotten without ECNL.

You clearly must have been brain washed into a scam or really really are trying hard because you sound stupid

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
          we all know who they are. Go ahead and list them here.

You know, the ones who are trying really hard to get your kid because they realize their situation doesn't look good without good players around them.

Their gamble isn't paying off more and more.

Overloaded rosters of 27 to manage costs.
          Atrocious costs and then you find out that you are going to the same crossfire challenge that any random team can go to.
          Not developing but recruiting coaches who don't care because their is always one more gullible parent.
          Can't figure out why coaches are telling fellow parents to try and go find other developed kids so they can replace the current ones who are sitting other 26 others players.

Some of the worst parents. Always 1-2 from each club and they are always the cancers. A couple pretty good players but the talent is diluted.

Try harder ecnl parents. Try harder.

Oh imagine that my dd got a d1 offer and i didn't fall for the scam.
          bingo

Comment

You have ZERO clue what you are talking about. Top 25 D1 schools have more kids coming from non ecnl teams then all the players coming out of oregon going to college 5x over.

I can list you the clubs that aren't ECNL affiliated that would truck through any team from this state.

I can also list you clubs that are pulling out of ECNL because more and more people are finding out it is a scam to spend your kids college tuition on something they could have and have gotten without ECNL.

You clearly must have been brain washed into a scam or really really are trying hard because you sound stupid
            List these clubs that are pulling out of ECNL.

Didn't think so.

Comment

List these clubs that are pulling out of ECNL.

Didn't think so.
              Oh, just wait.....there will be plenty of clubs soon pulling out of the ECNL. The GDA spells DEMISE for the ECNL.

Comment

Oh, just wait.....there will be plenty of clubs soon pulling out of the ECNL. The GDA spells DEMISE for the ECNL.
                Yeah, whatever. GDA will be stillborn. Nobody wants to be part of a train wreck like that. But, hey, it might be something the Thorns Academy can do instead of OYSA. Lower level than OYSA, but still something different so they don't get beat up all the time.

Comment

List the clubs that are leaving.

Crickets...

Comment

List the clubs that are leaving.

Crickets...
                    Of course there are crickets now. The GDA hasn't stated what clubs will be included. Once the GDA gets off of the ground ----> ECNL becomes 2nd tier.

Comment

Of course there are crickets now. The GDA hasn't stated what clubs will be included. Once the GDA gets off of the ground ----> ECNL becomes 2nd tier.
                      IF GDA gets off the ground, and that's a HUGE IF. They are not getting anywhere near the quantity or quality of applications they expected. ECNL will have their boys league launched and running smoothly long before GDA is ever heard of in these parts.

Comment

IF GDA gets off the ground, and that's a HUGE IF. They are not getting anywhere near the quantity or quality of applications they expected. ECNL will have their boys league launched and running smoothly long before GDA is ever heard of in these parts.
                        All of the top clubs will be applying to the GDA. That includes clubs that are now ECNL clubs.

Comment

All of the top clubs will be applying to the GDA. That includes clubs that are now ECNL clubs.
                          And 90% of those applying have no plans to accept if invited. They're just playing the game to keep all their options open. They'll almost all stay in ECNL as it'll offer superior competition without the intrusion of US Soccer's "know-it-all" philosophies that have worked such great wonders on the men's side.

Comment

And 90% of those applying have no plans to accept if invited. They're just playing the game to keep all their options open. They'll almost all stay in ECNL as it'll offer superior competition without the intrusion of US Soccer's "know-it-all" philosophies that have worked such great wonders on the men's side.
                            "To keep their options open..."
                            Why would they need to do so if...
                            "They'll almost all stay in ECNL as it'll offer superior competition without the intrusion of US Soccer's "know-it-all" philosophies that have worked such great wonders on the men's side?"

A curious statement considering Tom Atencio originally left USYS Region IV ODP position for US Club Soccer Board position, which is the host of ECNL, and now (CU)THUSC is one of the clubs applying for the GDA?!

So if accepted as THUSC, do you really think TA would say "no" to GDA? Or would the club have to apply as CU be accepted and say "no" and return to ECNL? Why?

More likely to be turned down and then say publicly that they turned down the GDA instead of the other way around.

Trying to understand the logic with the 90% statement above.. Entering some of their teams in GDA and some in ECNL? I believe the club has to be all or nothing and evaluated regularly.

Comment

"To keep their options open..."
                              Why would they need to do so if...
                              "They'll almost all stay in ECNL as it'll offer superior competition without the intrusion of US Soccer's "know-it-all" philosophies that have worked such great wonders on the men's side?"

A curious statement considering Tom Atencio originally left USYS Region IV ODP position for US Club Soccer Board position, which is the host of ECNL, and now (CU)THUSC is one of the clubs applying for the GDA?!

So if accepted as THUSC, do you really think TA would say "no" to GDA? Or would the club have to apply as CU be accepted and say "no" and return to ECNL? Why?

More likely to be turned down and then say publicly that they turned down the GDA instead of the other way around.

Trying to understand the logic with the 90% statement above.. Entering some of their teams in GDA and some in ECNL? I believe the club has to be all or nothing and evaluated regularly.
                              CU is applying to make sure Thorns Academy gets turned down. Once that happens they will stay in ECNL and Thorns will be DOA with no league to play in. It's actually a very smart business decision...

Comment

CU is applying to make sure Thorns Academy gets turned down. Once that happens they will stay in ECNL and Thorns will be DOA with no league to play in. It's actually a very smart business decision...
                                If I understand this correctly, CU wants to make sure that there is absolutely no way that the GDA can exist as competition to the ECNL in this area?

Make sure that CU players, or anyone considering an option to trying out for CU, doesn't have another option?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X