Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecnl snake oil parents

We all know who they are. Go ahead and list them here.

You know, the ones who are trying really hard to get your kid because they realize their situation doesn't look good without good players around them.

Their gamble isn't paying off more and more.

Overloaded rosters of 27 to manage costs.
    Atrocious costs and then you find out that you are going to the same crossfire challenge that any random team can go to.
    Not developing but recruiting coaches who don't care because their is always one more gullible parent.
    Can't figure out why coaches are telling fellow parents to try and go find other developed kids so they can replace the current ones who are sitting other 26 others players.

Some of the worst parents. Always 1-2 from each club and they are always the cancers. A couple pretty good players but the talent is diluted.

Try harder ecnl parents. Try harder.

Oh imagine that my dd got a D1 offer and I didn't fall for the scam.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

You know, the ones who are trying really hard to get your kid because they realize their situation doesn't look good without good players around them.

Atrocious costs and then you find out that you are going to the same crossfire challenge that any random team can go to.
    Not developing but recruiting coaches who don't care because their is always one more gullible parent.
    Can't figure out why coaches are telling fellow parents to try and go find other developed kids so they can replace the current ones who are sitting other 26 others players.

Some of the worst parents. Always 1-2 from each club and they are always the cancers. A couple pretty good players but the talent is diluted.

Sorry your DD got cut, again, from ECNL. Maybe, just maybe, she's good enough but the ECNL clubs don't want you around. Anyway, enjoy playing OYSA 4th division with your Timbers Alliance "B" team.

Comment

Sorry your DD got cut, again, from ECNL. Maybe, just maybe, she's good enough but the ECNL clubs don't want you around. Anyway, enjoy playing OYSA 4th division with your Timbers Alliance "B" team.
      Doesn't make sense. Ecnl clubs can't give away spots. People are getting wiser. Fc lost their doc and crossfire lost 80 kids.

Comment

Don't listen to ecnl parents. They are panicking because they need your kid to not get trounced but they have to deal with their kid not getting any time because the roster is 28 players. Sucks for them.

Comment

Don't listen to ecnl parents. They are panicking because they need your kid to not get trounced but they have to deal with their kid not getting any time because the roster is 28 players. Sucks for them.
          If Ecnl can't give away spots, how can they have such big rosters? Also, over 50 players tried out for both the FC & CU Ecnl teams. Thorns Academy may have had many too, I don't know. I'm glad there are many choices for all of us crazy Oregon soccer parents.

Comment

Doesn't make sense. Ecnl clubs can't give away spots. People are getting wiser. Fc lost their doc and crossfire lost 80 kids.
            Can't give 'em away because too many people want to pay for the spots. Had huge turnouts at both clubs and formed high quality teams at all ages. Somewhat unlike what we see at the Timbers Alliance clubs...

Comment

If Ecnl can't give away spots, how can they have such big rosters? Also, over 50 players tried out for both the FC & CU Ecnl teams. Thorns Academy may have had many too, I don't know. I'm glad there are many choices for all of us crazy Oregon soccer parents.
              Large rosters are for anyone who can pay. And 50 players is low considering you want good players. I know that only 4 players showed up to to one Fcp tryouts and cu is losing players quickly. 50 even is very low considering its for more than one team in that age group.

The coaches have been calling people still even after tryouts as they know 1. They don't develop with anything and 2. They need better players.

Comment

Can't give 'em away because too many people want to pay for the spots. Had huge turnouts at both clubs and formed high quality teams at all ages. Somewhat unlike what we see at the Timbers Alliance clubs...
                That's not what literally everyone else is saying. Including your fellow ecnl parents and your coach who is coming calling every chance he gets.

Numbers are down each year since the start.

you sound like Donald trump. Huge turnouts: lie. High quality teams at all ages: lie. That is back up by your coach having 27 players but not the ones he wants.

I see now why you are trying so hard.

Comment

Agree, but many players tried our for both ECNL team and Thorns Academy team, so in essence several of the 50 are the same players.

Comment

Probably the best post on this site so far. I would even say that the ecnl teams not only are doing terrible but Fcp has two teams that wouldn't even be top in Oregon.

We are so elite we play in this diluted league...to hide from the best teams in Oregon. That is the measure of Oregon ecnl.

Comment

Probably the best post on this site so far. I would even say that the ecnl teams not only are doing terrible but Fcp has two teams that wouldn't even be top in Oregon.

We are so elite we play in this diluted league...to hide from the best teams in Oregon. That is the measure of Oregon ecnl.
                      yes yes someday we may all be part of the timbers borg - but not today

Comment

Apparently the Ecnl teams CAN give away spots. If they truly signed 27 players/team, that's pretty darn good. Thorns has plenty too, right? Why can't everyone be happy with their choice and play on?

Comment

ECNL is the Hillary Clinton of soccer. They will tell you anything! They will be whatever fad is popular. They will tell you one thing today and another tomorrow based upon what trend is big. However, in the end, their only argument is that "we are playing better teams than OYSA." Too bad some OYSA teams are getting more kids committed to better colleges. More costs, more broken promises, tied to big money...ECNL = Hillary Clinton. Just more lies and fraud.

Comment

. Too bad some OYSA teams are getting more kids committed to better colleges. .
                            I just spit my coffee out after reading this. I am constantly floored how the TA teams are looking at life with blinders on. ECNL commits from Oregon are 9:1 vs TA clubs, not even close

Comment

It's pretty bad. We had a family fall for it and went over there to find out it was little to nothing they were told it was going to be. Yeah their are some good teams in the national league but it didn't benefit the not so good Fcp ecnl team that they were recruited too. A lot of kids paying money and they aren't getting better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X