Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Eastside, Westside, Washington Timbers, Salem, Eugene, Bend & Medford all were deemed as 'Timbers' clubs by Gavin with the caveat they go back to play in the OYSA. They did it (or in some cases remained in the OYSA) in an effort to unify the state leagues, little did they know they were merely pawns in a bigger picture business venture. Profits for league management. Having done that the OPL hangers on were bitter and elected to send a chunk of their girls teams to the ECNL, cause and effect. While the state is trying re-unite boutique clubs aka have popped their heads up BSC, Spartans, LaAmistad-spin off ADF with more of the same ilk sure to follow. Soccer participation is growing with the kiddos all over the PDX area. Interesting times that keep Portland weird.
    Our club didn't join ECNL just to stay away from the Timbers, although it is a side benefit.

No alternative to the Timbers for our B and C teams, as well as most of our boy comp teams (outside the 1 USDA team) . . . . although rec organizations have also generally stayed away from the Timbers, so far.

Comment

No team has more than 22 on the roster right now. But keep on lying. That's what Timbers Lemmings do best.
      Key Word "Right Now". You change roster like I change underware. DAILY

Comment

Top Drawer is a pretty credible source even though anyone can input. I am not certain someone is dumb enough to post a committ to a school that never made them an offer.

The problem is very few TA players are getting offers
        "I am not certain someone is dumb enough to post a committ to a school that never made them an offer."

Huh?

Comment

"I am not certain someone is dumb enough to post a committ to a school that never made them an offer."

Huh?
          People are communicating their verbal comitts to TopDrawer

Comment

People are communicating their verbal comitts to TopDrawer
            Not so. Only if they feel like it.

Comment

My kids team won the World Championship of Oregon Futsal playing just 3 other teams from withing our club NEU. THUSC is not CU, just to clarify. OPL and NPL are not recognized as bona fide State or National championships, much like our world championship last weekend, it's just a ridiculous silly made up title. Finishing 29th in unbalanced structure like the ECNL is hardly a big deal, considering two club teams from Idaho also 'qualified' for the Champions league and they actually won the mountain division unlike this team you mention. It's just manufactured manure. Back to history no girls club in Oregon history has ever won the USYS regionals or advanced to USYS nationals. So please enjoy your fantasy wins and incredible level of play.
              USYS isn't what it was. If ECNL did not have top talented individuals and teams, college coaches would not be making that there first stop. I agree, the USYS regionals and nationals used to be a big deal, but now the quality is similar to NPL. The top clubs have put their top teams in ECNL, their B and C teams are going to NPL and USYS nationals. You really have to stop living in the past. Maybe in the near future ECNL will also be a thing of the past, but right now on a national level, it is relevant.

Comment

As any elite team would. If your roster is fixed for the entire year, you are on a rec team.

Comment

I get that this is an analogy but you make it sound like changing your underwear daily is a bad thing. Eww....

Comment

As any elite team would. If your roster is fixed for the entire year, you are on a rec team.
                    Totally agree. About the worst habit a young athlete can form is a sense of complacency. "I made the team so the hard work is done." Uh...no. Your player needs to be prepared to compete for his/her spot every time he/she plays or practices. If you are part of a club where rosters never change, I guarantee you at least half the team is guilty of complacency.

Comment

Totally agree. About the worst habit a young athlete can form is a sense of complacency. "I made the team so the hard work is done." Uh...no. Your player needs to be prepared to compete for his/her spot every time he/she plays or practices. If you are part of a club where rosters never change, I guarantee you at least half the team is guilty of complacency.
                      I know youve never coached. And you probably heard that from your terrible coach who doesnt know how to develop or set an environment. Says alot when that environment leaves you and your coach to try and recruit players from other teams who actually play instead of sit the bench just to keep costs down. Its also funny becAuse those same clubs who never do it otherwise and never have.

Comment

I know youve never coached. And you probably heard that from your terrible coach who doesnt know how to develop or set an environment. Says alot when that environment leaves you and your coach to try and recruit players from other teams who actually play instead of sit the bench just to keep costs down. Its also funny becAuse those same clubs who never do it otherwise and never have.
                        Have you been drinking?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X