X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to play?

Hi,
    I am hoping someone here can help me. My daughter is 4 and wanting to play soccer this fall. I am hoping to get her started with a club/development/rec team that will help teach her soccer skills and give her a solid foundation. I was hoping we could find a club that she could play at for a long time and that she could have the option of playing competitively in the future. What clubs do you recommend? I know she is too young for some but it would be helpful to know which would be the best option for when she's older. We live in Beaverton. Thanks so much for your help everyone!

Erin

Eastside is the best for development. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I second this. Best place for you.

Comment

Yes! Worth the drive.

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance were new to all this. You're meaning Eastsode Timbers right? Thanks for all your suggestions I really appreciate your help!

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance were new to all this. You're meaning Eastsode Timbers right? Thanks for all your suggestions I really appreciate your help!
            Without question your best bet.

Comment

Overwhelmingly the best option is Eastside Timbers as all the previous posters have mentioned.

Comment

It's unanimous vote for Eastside Timbers.

Comment

Hi,
                  I am hoping someone here can help me. My daughter is 4 and wanting to play soccer this fall. I am hoping to get her started with a club/development/rec team that will help teach her soccer skills and give her a solid foundation. I was hoping we could find a club that she could play at for a long time and that she could have the option of playing competitively in the future. What clubs do you recommend? I know she is too young for some but it would be helpful to know which would be the best option for when she's older. We live in Beaverton. Thanks so much for your help everyone!

Erin
                  Rogue Valley Timbers.
                  It's a short drive

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Comment

I have a 3 year old daughter who is brilliant on the pitch. We live in Beaverton, but I commute to Gresham so she can train with the Eastside Timbers. We like Eastside because they were able to recognize her talent, and recommended she play up with the U6 team! However, we have been getting plenty recruiting class from all of the major clubs, so we may move her around to a new club each year. You're gonna be impressed!

Comment

It's unanimous vote for Eastside Timbers.
                        18 votes for Eastside and one for RVT.

Comment

Thanks everyone it has been hard to find a team that accepts 4 year olds. We will look into Eastside Timbers for sure! Thanks for your help! I think the club based in Medford would be too far out.

Comment

Four? It's too late. You should have started before she could walk.

Comment

Hi,

Erin
                              Hi Erin,

Forgive all the sarcastic nonsense that the trolls have been spouting. They are just messing with you ... apparently they have nothing better to do?

I don't really get it.

Anyway, the best advice I can give to you is to sign her up for your local recreational league. I'm not knowledgeable about the Beaverton area and what might be a good choice ... I found this link with a simple search:

http://www.thjsl.org/home.php

Perhaps others who've had experience there could be of some insight.

Don't worry about anything for now except finding a place where she can play and enjoy the game without too much interference ... By the time she is 7 you will have gained enough experience to make a good decision on how to proceed with club etc. There are many choices in your area. Environment is the most important thing right now ... positive, encouraging, fun!

Let them play :)

-R

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X