Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ***C head coach got in trouble this weekend for bringing in two overage, un-rostered girls to play for two of his teams in the Beaverton Cup.

Sounds like things have not changed at all over at the Timbers. And he is the head coach at Ridgefield High School.

And the only consequence is he had to forfeit those two games that he got caught in. I am sure there were more. His own parents were complaining about it.

Nice Job Timbers.
    In case you didn't notice, it was a Timbers Alliance club's tournament he was trying to cheat in. Unlike Clash at the Border, where they don't do any checking at the venues (and it's far easier for an unscrupulous coach to get away with this sort of thing), Beaverton Cup does require stamped rosters be given to the field marshals at the field before each match--so if a coach tries something like that, the opposing coach need only walk over to the marshal's booth to get the roster and verify the players.

And blaming this on Thorns is ridiculous. "But the other teams... are better than us!". Wanker.

Comment

***C head coach got in trouble this weekend for bringing in two overage, un-rostered girls to play for two of his teams in the Beaverton Cup.

Sounds like things have not changed at all over at the Timbers. And he is the head coach at Ridgefield High School.

And the only consequence is he had to forfeit those two games that he got caught in. I am sure there were more. His own parents were complaining about it.

Nice Job Timbers.
      FWIW--the Beaverton Cup results website does not list any games involving this team as forfeited.
      http://tournament.to/beaverton2016

Comment

FWIW--the Beaverton Cup results website does not list any games involving this team as forfeited.
        http://tournament.to/beaverton2016
        Correct, for some reason it does not say forfeit. But look at their record, and which team would they not lose to? Score was changed to 1-0--they forfeited this game.

Comment

Correct, for some reason it does not say forfeit. But look at their record, and which team would they not lose to? Score was changed to 1-0--they forfeited this game.
          It doesn't say forfeited because a Timbers alliance club doesn't want to publicize that another timbers alliance club got caught cheating.

Comment

I thought a High school coach in Washington was not allowed to coach club if it had kids from his school on the club. Pretty sure RT is coaching Timbers with Ridgefield girls on the his team.

Comment

It doesn't say forfeited because a Timbers alliance club doesn't want to publicize that another timbers alliance club got caught cheating.
              who cares? I could really care less what Vantucky or any other club does. You are failing your child by playing in too many strict rule-ridden tournies where your child plays too many games already. Does it really matter when you look at the grand scheme of things?

Comment

I thought a High school coach in Washington was not allowed to coach club if it had kids from his school on the club. Pretty sure RT is coaching Timbers with Ridgefield girls on the his team.
                Pretty sure you're correct. Might be losing his HS job because of it.

Comment

He is safe

Timbers won't do anything with him. He is one of Brett's chosen few. He talks the talk but can't walk the walk.
                  I brought this up a few times about him but got shot down. He sucks up to Brett so he is Teflon coated.

Comment

By no means excusing his behavior - his club should suspend him for this. However, this is exactly the type of unintended consequence you get when the parent organization (Portland Thorns Academy) puts their all star teams in a tournament, on age, against the feeder clubs and B teams. I'm sure the coach (wrongly) justified his decision by saying "the Thorns team should have played up or shouldn't have done this tournament, and I'm just helping my team compete against the all stars."

Sandbagging and poor choices by Thorns Academy leads to further bad decisions. And it's no secret that the Timbers Alliance teams aren't exactly high in the scruples/ethics department. They've been selling their families a load of BS for years.
                    You guys carry on so that it's tough to keep up with your banter.

For those of us at the tournament, which age group are you talking about? Which team? First it sounds like you're talking about a ***C team but then you switch to talking about a Thorns Academy team.

We watched the 99s play and they lost 0-1 in a really good game that could have gone either way it was that good. There was a coach that walked over late in the first half, and sat near us in the stands. Could he be the coach you're talking about? He had on a ***C jacket and had a British accent.

Comment

You guys carry on so that it's tough to keep up with your banter.

For those of us at the tournament, which age group are you talking about? Which team? First it sounds like you're talking about a ***C team but then you switch to talking about a Thorns Academy team.

We watched the 99s play and they lost 0-1 in a really good game that could have gone either way it was that good. There was a coach that walked over late in the first half, and sat near us in the stands. Could he be the coach you're talking about? He had on a ***C jacket and had a British accent.
                      I don't know if the cheating allegation is true--many things that are outright lies are posted here--but the allegation of cheating appears to concern ***C 99 Red 2. Someone else suggested that Thorns Academy 99 are to blame--suggesting that if they (Thorns) weren't smurfing at the Beaverton Cup, then ***C wouldn't have had to (allegedly) cheat. Someone else pointed out that Red 2 and Thorns Academy 99 weren't even in the same bracket (the only part of this which is demonstrably true).

Currently, the Beaverton Cup results page has no indication of any team forfeiting any matches. The HS Silver division final score is still reported as FCP Navy 3-1 ***C Red 2. If cheating were detected during the match or immediately after (there's a limited time window for protests of this sort--which is common for tournaments), ***C Red 2 would have probably been disqualified, and not gotten to play in the final. There's a reason that well-run tournaments have marshals at the venues, and stamp rosters at checkin (checking against player cards)--so any ineligible players can be detected quickly and at the site, without needing the more cumbersome check-in procedures of league games. (Teams still need to have player cards present in case there is a challenge; they aren't examined by the ref before each game like they are in league play).

Bottom line--unless someone can demonstrate evidence of ***C cheating, I'm getting inclined to think this is a bunch of horsesh1t. And I've no affiliation with ***C.

Comment

I don't know if the cheating allegation is true--many things that are outright lies are posted here--but the allegation of cheating appears to concern ***C 99 Red 2. Someone else suggested that Thorns Academy 99 are to blame--suggesting that if they (Thorns) weren't smurfing at the Beaverton Cup, then ***C wouldn't have had to (allegedly) cheat. Someone else pointed out that Red 2 and Thorns Academy 99 weren't even in the same bracket (the only part of this which is demonstrably true).

Currently, the Beaverton Cup results page has no indication of any team forfeiting any matches. The HS Silver division final score is still reported as FCP Navy 3-1 ***C Red 2. If cheating were detected during the match or immediately after (there's a limited time window for protests of this sort--which is common for tournaments), ***C Red 2 would have probably been disqualified, and not gotten to play in the final. There's a reason that well-run tournaments have marshals at the venues, and stamp rosters at checkin (checking against player cards)--so any ineligible players can be detected quickly and at the site, without needing the more cumbersome check-in procedures of league games. (Teams still need to have player cards present in case there is a challenge; they aren't examined by the ref before each game like they are in league play).

Bottom line--unless someone can demonstrate evidence of ***C cheating, I'm getting inclined to think this is a bunch of horsesh1t. And I've no affiliation with ***C.
                        Agreed.

You have to go to the Westside office to check in for the tournament with all your docs in order and get everything stamped. Those folks are tough too! If you have to check in at the Rec Center and don't have it all in order, they make you go get it together by a certain time or that player doesn't get to play. I even saw them forfeit an entire club's teams once because the registrar accidently did everyone at the wrong age groups-although people told me that she'd done that before at other tournaments.

We've done this tourney for so many years and WT is excellent about double-checking and following up on complaints. The refs are glad to have the checks and balances too as it makes it easier. If there's an issue, someone had a field marshall or tournament official there. I saw the semi and final at the Rec Center so I know that those weren't forfeits. Not sure what those people are talking about.

Geez. Some angry people these days.

Comment

Pretty sure you're correct. Might be losing his HS job because of it.
                          lol.

looks like Vantucky rattled the cage in the crazy world of girls soccer. rolling through the results it looks like they and Westside did very good on the girls side.

Comment

Agreed.

You have to go to the Westside office to check in for the tournament with all your docs in order and get everything stamped. Those folks are tough too! If you have to check in at the Rec Center and don't have it all in order, they make you go get it together by a certain time or that player doesn't get to play. I even saw them forfeit an entire club's teams once because the registrar accidently did everyone at the wrong age groups-although people told me that she'd done that before at other tournaments.

We've done this tourney for so many years and WT is excellent about double-checking and following up on complaints. The refs are glad to have the checks and balances too as it makes it easier. If there's an issue, someone had a field marshall or tournament official there. I saw the semi and final at the Rec Center so I know that those weren't forfeits. Not sure what those people are talking about.

Geez. Some angry people these days.
                            There was at least one park in Beaverton, with only one pitch available being used for matches. One pitch. Matches at 80 minute intervals.

At the corner of said pitch was the marshal's booth.

I hope the marshal (a club volunteer) has a good data plan, because h/she had the most boring job in the world that day....

Comment

Here is some positive vibes...

Washington Timbers 05 Red1 won the Super Group for G05 at Crossfire over
                              Crossfire 05 A in PK. They showed exceptionally well and had that belly full of fire.
                              Great touches, passing, 50/50, and team spirit.

Parents of Timbers 05 Red1, be proud that your girls played an awesome tournament
                              and haters, stop the meanness crap. I hope that your girls can play in RCL Div 1 in the
                              fall and make that trip to the Seattle area. We will be ready for you... :)

Comment

lol.

looks like Vantucky rattled the cage in the crazy world of girls soccer. rolling through the results it looks like they and Westside did very good on the girls side.
                                Butbutbutbutbut.... the ECNL girls weren't there, so it's just a rec tournament. Never mind that THUSC won't play Beaverton Cup in any case (maybe with Tom A. gone, they'll show up next year--or better yet, co-host the tourney with their THPRD neighbors rather than trying to host their own competing tournament and otherwise remaining bitter about sh!t that happened almost 25 years ago), and other than the HS girls, the FCP teams that showed up got waxed. But no need for ECNL to compete with their inferiors on the pitch, because showcases! College recruiters!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X