PCU Spartans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why they are the F-Bombs. Imagine a burning fuse on the top of the black soccerball logo:

http://www.adfportland.org/wp-conten.../logos/adf.svg

In Soviet Portlandia, F-Bombs drop you!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      America does cover a large geographic region so does Brasil and Russia.
      It's important for a country to have an identity, system and style to their play. Usually it's a reflection of their culture and values translated into the country Sport of choice (Football).

Since Soccer isn't this country's sport or even on the radar for a top 4 placement it's impossible for us to have a style or identity. Until then let's emulate whatever ex-pat wants to sell our unsuspecting population of boob parents and players as the direction to go.

They are selling now and many foolish parents buy it..they will soon forget about the freestyle training from futsal 'pros', when the kid turns 20, lives at home, doesn't have a job and wants to borrow the car to hang with friends. That's the new cool...
      I love this guy!!!! Nice work!

Comment

I dont know as I buy into all this we have to have an American style. Europe has many different styles. French German Spanish Italian all have won world cups playing different styles so who is to say one is better then the other.

We have 300+ million people here with many different cultures making up the USA so why cant we have different style of play why does it have to be the same?

I think you will be limiting the prospects by thinking we have to play this way.

It seems to me way tooooo many people who just jumped onto the soccer ride in the last 12 years think well we have to play like Spain to win, sorry there are many ways to catch a fish just like there are many ways to play the game.

Too me its not styles its money, take the money away and kick the parents out of training and then things will move forward.

Im not a TA fan think they miss the point of the game and are looking for clone type players who will be good at the end of there development but not special because they look to coach the hell out of talented boys to fit a type that they feel is right but I do like the fact that Brett J @ W-T-F-C banned parents from the field for training thats a start. Problem is the W-T-F-C is still part of the clone problem. So for me the more diversity we have the better it will be.

Remember a couple of players on the French team played french second division just two years ago and are now playing in EURO 2016 how many boys do you think will be playing top tier soccer at 20 here with the current system, but Im sure a lot of money will be ploughed into it with very little in results. So lets hope Gary A can bring some of that back with him from France and lets also hope that the Link between W-T-F-C and Ajax can prove to be beneficial too.

I would say that the USA does or rather did have a style of play. But we no longer recognize / embrace that style and are still lost in the transition. We used to embrace a physical and relentless style of play that focused on defending, fitness, set plays and the counter attack. This matched up with our youth system (play to win, pick the biggest and strongest, make sure they are fit) and to an extent the values of our country –( hard work and determination = success)

Comment

looks like Sorin Popovici is working with the keeps.

i have always liked him as a coach. seems like a positive.

Comment

How many youth teams were formed? I heard like three age groups were combined to make teams at PCU Spartans.

Comment

looks like Sorin Popovici is working with the keeps.

i have always liked him as a coach. seems like a positive.
              Actually, he is terrible!

I've seen his GK's that he works with. They don't get better

Comment

Actually, he is terrible!

I've seen his GK's that he works with. They don't get better
                Maybe in a smaller group he would be fine, but with 10 keepers getting once touch every 5 minutes standing in lines, looked like a pretty slow practice to me.

Comment

Maybe in a smaller group he would be fine, but with 10 keepers getting once touch every 5 minutes standing in lines, looked like a pretty slow practice to me.
                  that's what my DD said. She struggled with him.

Comment

Hi there. I am Sorin Popovici and I just saw the coments on this forum. Is looks like your DD had some Gk training there with me. I'm sorry to hear she was struggled. Also some other Gk's you saw can't get better. Thank you for posting this comments. I will work on it. Will do some changes on my Gk trainings to be able help the Gk's I train more.

Respetfuly
                    Sorin Popovici

Comment

Hi there. I am Sorin Popovici and I just saw the coments on this forum. Is looks like your DD had some Gk training there with me. I'm sorry to hear she was struggled. Also some other Gk's you saw can't get better. Thank you for posting this comments. I will work on it. Will do some changes on my Gk trainings to be able help the Gk's I train more.

Respetfuly
                      Sorin Popovici
                      How is that going?

Comment

Is going very well

Comment

I saw three Spartans players training at our club this week. They are looking to move

Comment

I saw three Spartans players training at our club this week. They are looking to move

Are they bringing their Battle armour?

Comment

This club is still around?
                              Never knew

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X