Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If only one person is keeping track of the books on a regular basis, it's not hard to hide embezzlement from a cursory inspection. Dishonest treasurers have long been the bane of nonprofit organizations, especially small ones.

It's probably a good thing for parents--though not for the club--that this is coming out when it does. Parents won't be put in the position that finding out the fees they just paid have disappeared, and now there's no money to pay for coaches and tourneys and field rental so sorry--no more soccer this year. OTOH, this may do severe damage to the club--especially if they are forced to downsize in any significant fashion (letting experienced coaches go and hiring cheaper ones, not having access to good training facilities). I don't imagine they will go completely under--but they may spend a while as a third-tier club.
    It's all about checks and balances. I did the books for our local club for years. Everything had to be signed off by another member of the executive committee and I had to report on all financial activity at every meeting. An outside (volunteer) accountant audited the books every year. If a board washes their hands of it then it's easy for thieves to dip into the honey pot. Parents don't think about these matters when deciding to join a club, or even do local travel/rec programs, but they should. It can destroy a program overnight.

Comment

It's all about checks and balances. I did the books for our local club for years. Everything had to be signed off by another member of the executive committee and I had to report on all financial activity at every meeting. An outside (volunteer) accountant audited the books every year. If a board washes their hands of it then it's easy for thieves to dip into the honey pot. Parents don't think about these matters when deciding to join a club, or even do local travel/rec programs, but they should. It can destroy a program overnight.
      Truth.

Comment

I have been to one with the other 4 people who show up? They don't break down the salaries of employees though, do they? Just one lump sum, so no one asks questions.
        So you and me and two others :)

Comment

As long as TE gets paid, that's all I'm worried about.

Comment

She got run out of town from the Thorns Academy coaching job because she was so bad at it. Then they ran Janine out for the same reason. Now they'll have a former OPL club coach so they might start to make some progress.

Comment

11 kids showed up for B'06 tryouts
              13 for B'05

I sure hope there are enough parachutes in the plane for everyone
              Might be right, they already have supplemental try-outs listed for those two ages.

Comment

Why?????

Phones are blowing up at Pacific FC today
                Pacific is full of morons and ne'er-do-wells also. Take a look at their BoD, no professionals there. Little experience and lots of hot air.

They do have access to "byte size soccer" if you want to become a *real coach!*

Comment

Funny how the WashT folks are so insecure they have to come on here every spring and disparage Salmon Creek and Pacific. And still players keep jumping ship to get away from the bootball regime at WashT...

Comment

She got run out of town from the Thorns Academy coaching job because she was so bad at it. Then they ran Janine out for the same reason. Now they'll have a former OPL club coach so they might start to make some progress.
                    Good. My dd had both for ODP and they were horrible.

Comment

11 kids showed up for B'06 tryouts
                      13 for B'05

I sure hope there are enough parachutes in the plane for everyone
                      How would you feel if you were cut under these circumstances ?

Comment

$61k worth

Comment

How would you feel if you were cut under these circumstances ?
                          Salmon creek doesn't cut anyone.

Comment

Funny how the WashT folks are so insecure they have to come on here every spring and disparage Salmon Creek and Pacific. And still players keep jumping ship to get away from the bootball regime at WashT...
                            No one, and I mean no one has to disparage anything that either of those two clubs do.......they're plenty good at embarrassing themselves.

BTW ~ FCSC and Pacific are now full of the OLD ***C *bootball* regime coaches you're talking about. Short-short-long anyone?

Humorously, when the ex ***C coaches started soliciting positions at those clubs.....they were flattered and thought they were *moving* in the soccer community here in Vantucky!
                            LMAO

Comment

$61k worth
                              What!?! She does absolutey nothing for the club to deserve being paid anywhere near much money. They could afford to pay better coaches and their current coaches more if her and Joe we're not stealing so much from the club. And when I say stealing I mean unjustifiably taking. We're leaving this year , probably should have left last year, have not even seen Tina or Joe around our team in the last two years not once and our team was supposedly the top team for our age group.

Comment

What!?! She does absolutey nothing for the club to deserve being paid anywhere near much money. They could afford to pay better coaches and their current coaches more if her and Joe we're not stealing so much from the club. And when I say stealing I mean unjustifiably taking. We're leaving this year , probably should have left last year, have not even seen Tina or Joe around our team in the last two years not once and our team was supposedly the top team for our age group.
                                That's because you don't have a granddaughter on your team. Listen, I've been to coaches meetings. It's like going back in time. Being at FCSC is like stepping into a time machine and going to a place where the game was taught long ago. I heard that it's like the old CPSC days where there is no oversight, no set direction for the club, and terrible 1986 coaching styles where all you need is an accent or a mullet to coach a team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X