Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thorns Academy Buyers Remorse

Pretty funny that the minute the Beaverton Cup accepted teams were posted, the Thorns academy parents come out in full force with their nonsense about trouble on ECNL teams.

Thorns parents, we get it. You feel duped. You listened to EL and his bag of lies about Thorns Academy providing an experience equivalent to ECNL for half the cost. You got excited when your kid earned a spot and you thought this was the start of an amazing journey in her soccer career. Then, you learned that journey would be taking you to Beaverton this summer. To play B and C teams on age. How embarrassing.

We get it. You are trying to deflect attention from your poor choices and the train wreck you committed your daughter to. ECNL teams will carry on in spite of your attempts to sabotage them. If your kid doesn't fall too far behind after a year of honing her skills in OYSA, Vegas, and Beaverton, you can always have her try out for ECNL next year.

Still time, ECNL clubs. Registration for the Cony Cup is open until next Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Pretty funny that the minute the Beaverton Cup accepted teams were posted, the Thorns academy parents come out in full force with their nonsense about trouble on ECNL teams.

Thorns parents, we get it. You feel duped. You listened to EL and his bag of lies about Thorns Academy providing an experience equivalent to ECNL for half the cost. You got excited when your kid earned a spot and you thought this was the start of an amazing journey in her soccer career. Then, you learned that journey would be taking you to Beaverton this summer. To play B and C teams on age. How embarrassing.

We get it. You are trying to deflect attention from your poor choices and the train wreck you committed your daughter to. ECNL teams will carry on in spite of your attempts to sabotage them. If your kid doesn't fall too far behind after a year of honing her skills in OYSA, Vegas, and Beaverton, you can always have her try out for ECNL next year.
      Nice try.

They're fine.

They've been playing in a league already and it's all good.

No train wreck.

Comment

Nice try.

They're fine.

They've been playing in a league already and it's all good.

No train wreck.
        Yes, I hear the Portland Metro League is stacked these days. I'm going to end all Thorns/ECNL arguments with one word: Beaverton.

Comment

Yes, I hear the Portland Metro League is stacked these days. I'm going to end all Thorns/ECNL arguments with one word: Beaverton.
          ECNL Oregon is awful. Can't win, and very expensive. Total bummer. Dang.

Comment

Look at the league.

The Crossfire Diamonds are in it too. So Beaverton is represented,as are a whole lot of other towns from all over. Your point?

Comment

Look at the league.

The Crossfire Diamonds are in it too. So Beaverton is represented,as are a whole lot of other towns from all over. Your point?
              Are you referring to the Westside Timbers team in the WPSL? The one in next to last place (ahead of only Sparza's Spartans)? The one with 14 year old high school freshmen on the roster?

Yeah. That is JUST as good as ECNL. Well done Thorns parents. The sidelines at WPSL games are knee deep with college coaches.

Comment

The Portland Metro League (OPL) folded last year due to they sucked!
                The culdesac league is no more

Comment

The Portland Metro League (OPL) folded last year due to they sucked!
                  The culdesac league is no more
                  The PML actually just got renamed to Timbers and Thorns League. Same level of play as the old PML - rec+ at best.

Comment

The PML actually just got renamed to Timbers and Thorns League. Same level of play as the old PML - rec+ at best.
                    Yeah but don't fight it! The mighty Timbers organization will ostracize you and leave you alone out in the cold with nowhere for your team to play...

Comment

Yeah but don't fight it! The mighty Timbers organization will ostracize you and leave you alone out in the cold with nowhere for your team to play...
                      Man that decision to join Thorns academy must seem really stupid right about now. New teams in the Beaverton Adidas Cup include CFC's "C" team (remember they lost three starters on their A team to Thorns - won't that be fun for them!) and Vancouver's 2002 team playing up. Digest that for a moment. Vancouver's team is playing up. Thorns academy is playing on age. But we are elite!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X