Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Thorns Academy at Crossfire Challenge?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Thorns Academy at Crossfire Challenge?

Why are the Thorns Academy doing the Beaverton Cup? Looks like a rec/select tournament.
    There are good Cal and WA teams at Crossfire Challenge. CU ECNL and maybe FCP will be there.

I thought the thorns were the best from all of the timbers org. Are the Academy
    parents wondering why they are not going to the Challenge? Is it b/c it is a Nike
    sponsored tournament, not Adidas?

this is hilarious. Paying ecnl 10k a year to do a tournament that anyone can get into and one that my dds did when she was 12.

Wow you gullible ecnl parents are getting quite a deal!

Keep trying to sell your snake oil. It's really laughable how hard you try knowing that it's not working out so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      this is hilarious. Paying ecnl 10k a year to do a tournament that anyone can get into and one that my dds did when she was 12.

Wow you gullible ecnl parents are getting quite a deal!

Keep trying to sell your snake oil. It's really laughable how hard you try knowing that it's not working out so well.
      What are you talking about? Thorns Academy is not ECNL!

Comment

Why are the Thorns Academy doing the Beaverton Cup? Looks like a rec/select tournament.
        There are good Cal and WA teams at Crossfire Challenge. CU ECNL and maybe FCP will be there.

I thought the thorns were the best from all of the timbers org. Are the Academy
        parents wondering why they are not going to the Challenge? Is it b/c it is a Nike
        sponsored tournament, not Adidas?
        They aren't going because a) didn't get accepted and b) if they had, they'd be throttle so hard all the girls would quit immediately.

Thorns Academy is little better than rec right now and it's been sliding downhill since day 1

Comment

Hahahah anyone can go to crossfire challenge. Says a lot you are paying 10k a year for it.

Says a lot about ecnl teams getting scammed and probably going to go get wiped against random Washington teams.

Hilarious how hard ecnl parents are getting scammed!!!!!

Comment

Nobody gets turned down for Crossfire challenge. If you apply, and pay the tourney fee you are in.

Comment

Hahahah anyone can go to crossfire challenge. Says a lot you are paying 10k a year for it.

Says a lot about ecnl teams getting scammed and probably going to go get wiped against random Washington teams.

Of course anyone can play Crossfire Challenge. Except Thorns Academy that is. However, the ECNL teams also get to play in the top league and showcases in the country, and your TA team doesn't. And ECNL is still less expensive than Thorns Academy. Imagine that!

Comment

Nobody gets turned down for Crossfire challenge. If you apply, and pay the tourney fee you are in.
                Unless you're the Thorns Academy.

Comment

Of course anyone can play Crossfire Challenge. Except Thorns Academy that is. However, the ECNL teams also get to play in the top league and showcases in the country, and your TA team doesn't. And ECNL is still less expensive than Thorns Academy. Imagine that!
                  Hahahah. It says a lot when you have to lie to justify your situation. Imagine anyone actually interested and finds out you are full of it.

Typical ecnl parent trying to sell snake oil.

Oh and my kid signed to a d1 school and we payed a fraction of what you are and I guarantee your coach tried to recruit her numerous times because your sorry ecnl team needs players.

If it was so good, why lie?

Some kids need to spend 10k a year at a place where they probably won't develop but get to play an Idaho team to stay playing. Mine, just played. Enjoy your little team.

Comment

Why is TA playing at the beaverton cup, instead of the crossfire challenge?
                    At the U16 age group, there will be 4 ECNL teams, Seattle Reign, Crossfire WA, WPFC,
                    and Arsenal from cal, all playing up a year. Couple EGSL teams from cal. other strong teams. Even Eugene Timbers are brave enough to go there. Really tough age group.

As a parent, I would like to see what my dd team is made of by playing tough competition, not bunch of weak teams. I don't understand how TA parents can take
                    this bs. There will be college coaches there. Definitely not at the beaverton cup.
                    So, who is being scammed?

Comment

Why is TA playing at the beaverton cup, instead of the crossfire challenge?
                      At the U16 age group, there will be 4 ECNL teams, Seattle Reign, Crossfire WA, WPFC,
                      and Arsenal from cal, all playing up a year. Couple EGSL teams from cal. other strong teams. Even Eugene Timbers are brave enough to go there. Really tough age group.

As a parent, I would like to see what my dd team is made of by playing tough competition, not bunch of weak teams. I don't understand how TA parents can take
                      this bs. There will be college coaches there. Definitely not at the beaverton cup.
                      So, who is being scammed?
                      Evidently ECNL parents need all the help they can get.....It's one tournament......but I guess ECNL parents worry more about their kid not making it. I would too, they have to talk about other teams in their league but fail to mention their ECNL team isn't even the best in Oregon.

Comment

Evidently ECNL parents need all the help they can get.....It's one tournament......but I guess ECNL parents worry more about their kid not making it. I would too, they have to talk about other teams in their league but fail to mention their ECNL team isn't even the best in Oregon.
                        I can assure you that U14-u18 the ECNL teams would clobber other Oregon teams

Comment

Since when? Actually know something. From the looks of it ECNL in Oregon is a scam and getting called out. U14's cant even get people to come to tryouts and the older ages are losing players.

Comment

Yeah FC Portland ECNL 2001s tried its hand at OYSA and struggled to a fourth place finish. They did clobber the washT greens though.

Comment

Isn't Crossfire the same time frame as regional camp?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X