Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It appears that most of the heavyweight teams are not participating at Regionals this year. I don't see the top Washington, NorCal or SoCal teams. Or top Az or NV teams for that matter. Am I missing something? Why are ECNL teams not involved?
    Because theirs no money in it for ECNL.

Comment

According the the Last planet match predictor Washington timbers should win all three group stage games with a +13 goal differential.
      That's because they got grouped with a bunch of rec-level teams from Montana and Wyoming. If they don't win every game by 5 goals they should consider it a huge failure.

Comment

Because ECNL teams don't play in a USYS league and therefore aren't eligible to play state cups and Regionals. Besides, competition at Regionals is mostly 2nd and 3rd tier so it doesn't help with player development at all.
        While I agree with your statement about the level of play at Regionals I will argue that you don't have the slightest clue about development.

ECNL is not a developmental model. You are paying for a recruiting service and that is it.

And actually I would argue that playing second tiered team at regionals can do more for development than FCPDX losing the FC Nova four times a year.

You want a balance of games you are guaranteed to win and games that could go either way to games that you will more than likely lose. Local ECNL philosophy is....play the best teams, lose 90% of your games and you'll develop....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

While I agree with your statement about the level of play at Regionals I will argue that you don't have the slightest clue about development.

ECNL is not a developmental model. You are paying for a recruiting service and that is it.

And actually I would argue that playing second tiered team at regionals can do more for development than FCPDX losing the FC Nova four times a year.

You want a balance of games you are guaranteed to win and games that could go either way to games that you will more than likely lose. Local ECNL philosophy is....play the best teams, lose 90% of your games and you'll develop....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
          Keep trying loser. Maybe next year your DD will make an "A" team. Maybe.

Comment

Keep trying loser. Maybe next year your DD will make an "A" team. Maybe.
            i've been around a lot of forums, but have never seen adults consistently making fun of children and thinking they are getting over. do you teach your kids to look down on other players like this?

Comment

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
              Do not forget they aren't actually playing. Ecnl teams in Oregon especially Fcp overload the rosters to keep costs down. 28 players when only 18 can play and even then you are sharing time with kids who simply paid money and aren't good.

Not only are you hiding in a national league and losing to a Idaho team, Oregon ecnl teams are sometimes not scoring more than 6 goals all year.

Says a lot about their development and philosophy.

Oh and before you say my kid got cut, recognize that ecnl teams can't give away spots currently. They can't even give away discovery spots. We said no and I am willing to bet you that more people will leave that scam as people get smarter.

It's a scam.

Comment

i've been around a lot of forums, but have never seen adults consistently making fun of children and thinking they are getting over. do you teach your kids to look down on other players like this?

It's like a big pyramid scam . Just get others to follow because they know no better, but believe everything that a friend of a friend said was a good thing. The next thing you know people are experts at something they actually know very little about but tell you its the best thing in the world to do.
                Welcome to talking soccer where you never know the person where the information comes from and peoplw don't care who they beat down, they just judge.

Comment

According the the Last planet match predictor Washington timbers should win all three group stage games with a +13 goal differential.
                  In all my years I've never seen such a weak slate at Regionals. In many cases those are B teams.

Comment

Balls randomly bouncing off her foot due to a bad touch and then being put home by a teammate don't really count as "assists". And how many goals did she score in State Cup quarters and semis against "B" teams? ZERO
                    I try not to read this forum for a reason. You are a dirt bag. Really classy attacking kids.

Comment

Do not forget they aren't actually playing. Ecnl teams in Oregon especially Fcp overload the rosters to keep costs down. 28 players when only 18 can play and even then you are sharing time with kids who simply paid money and aren't good.

Not only are you hiding in a national league and losing to a Idaho team, Oregon ecnl teams are sometimes not scoring more than 6 goals all year.

Says a lot about their development and philosophy.

Oh and before you say my kid got cut, recognize that ecnl teams can't give away spots currently. They can't even give away discovery spots. We said no and I am willing to bet you that more people will leave that scam as people get smarter.

It's a scam.
                      Name one ECNL team in Oregon with 28 players on the roster. Just one. FCP has at most 22 this year. Sorry your DD was #48 out of 50. Maybe she'll make that Timbers "B" team. Oh wait, Timbers clubs don't even have "A" teams in HS, do they?

Comment

I try not to read this forum for a reason. You are a dirt bag. Really classy attacking kids.
                        Truth hurts, huh?

Comment

unfortunately they do. whether explicitly or not, this is the way america has worked for longer than i have been alive. (but i am a millenial, so what do i know?) people make fun of each other, rob, steal, hold people back, trample on others, and when they don't win, as long as someone is beneath them... life is all good.

Comment

Well summer's over for the 2001 teams. Off to HS now. Good luck to all those OYSA players trying to make their HS's JV2 teams. You need it!

Comment

Well summer's over for the 2001 teams. Off to HS now. Good luck to all those OYSA players trying to make their HS's JV2 teams. You need it!
                              Yeah OYSA is so bad that FC Portland ECNL finished in fourth place ! That's bad!

FC ECNL or as it is better known as JV plus.

Comment

Yeah OYSA is so bad that FC Portland ECNL finished in fourth place ! That's bad!

FC ECNL or as it is better known as JV plus.
                                Still thinking back two years to your Eastside "glory-hole" days, huh? Like when you lost to FC's "B" team, or got throttled 8-0 by Crossfire. It's OK, your DD will do just fine as a Gopher JV2 pine rider.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X