Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really? Then why are they advertising and sending out emails again right now for player trials?
    So much cloak and dagger on LI , too much drama and wasted energy .- a special private meeting for those they are interested in?

And then there is Alby with their meeting that they advertised after ECNL tryouts were completed to discuss the future of girls soccer when they said no more ECNL. Then made those kids tryout again for DA AND then sent emails out to people on random lists for Albertson da tryouts but didn’t post it on the Alby website and didn’t email some ECNL participants about the later new DA tryouts.

ALL THESE CLUBS ARE SO UNPROFESSIONAL.
    If LISC was so desired by players they shouldn't need to have tryouts this late. Their rosters would have been set weeks ago. Last year LISC was late to the game so the get some slack. This year they knew well in advance what they were doing - in theory any way.

Comment

If LISC was so desired by players they shouldn't need to have tryouts this late. Their rosters would have been set weeks ago. Last year LISC was late to the game so the get some slack. This year they knew well in advance what they were doing - in theory any way.
      LISC is not desired by players. This whole spin of they "handpicked" players and secret plans disclosed to "the players they wanted" is a bunch of crap, not to mention terribly disrespectful to the players who never really signed up for LISC but found themselves playing for them week after week, giving it their all for this crap organization.

Big whoop, MF was able to convince some of her old Rough Rider players to leave their town teams and join LISC. I've never even heard of MF before last year when she joined Surf and BOTN made it seem like the second coming of Christ...and now he's doing it again with another sham of a club.

As far as surprises, there will be very few of any consequence. My kid is very friendly on SM with a ton of kids she's played with and against through the years, none of the real top players or difference makers are making any moves-except those on LISC, who are leaving.

Comment

If Kurt Kelley is involved in this club I would stay far far away. Biggest arse in the soccer community. Anyone that lets their kid near him needs to have their head examined.
        So true

Comment

LISC is not desired by players. This whole spin of they "handpicked" players and secret plans disclosed to "the players they wanted" is a bunch of crap, not to mention terribly disrespectful to the players who never really signed up for LISC but found themselves playing for them week after week, giving it their all for this crap organization.

Big whoop, MF was able to convince some of her old Rough Rider players to leave their town teams and join LISC. I've never even heard of MF before last year when she joined Surf and BOTN made it seem like the second coming of Christ...and now he's doing it again with another sham of a club.

As far as surprises, there will be very few of any consequence. My kid is very friendly on SM with a ton of kids she's played with and against through the years, none of the real top players or difference makers are making any moves-except those on LISC, who are leaving.
          You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Yes, they aren't the most desired club after last year's season, but there are girls that are unhappy in their current situations and will be moving to LISC. I keep saying there are more than just the potential Surf, or Rough Riders girls that are coming. Just because your kid doesn't know any players making moves doesn't mean a thing. Just like just because you haven't heard of MF before doesn't mean a thing. Not to mention that those girls would probably not make it public while they are still playing. We'll see how it all works out when the season starts, won't we?

Comment

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Yes, they aren't the most desired club after last year's season, but there are girls that are unhappy in their current situations and will be moving to LISC. I keep saying there are more than just the potential Surf, or Rough Riders girls that are coming. Just because your kid doesn't know any players making moves doesn't mean a thing. Just like just because you haven't heard of MF before doesn't mean a thing. Not to mention that those girls would probably not make it public while they are still playing. We'll see how it all works out when the season starts, won't we?
            The only kids unhappy in their current situations are bench warmers.

I never said my kid doesn't know any players making moves, I said my kid doesn't know any TOP PLAYERS OR DIFFERENCE MAKERS making moves. We know about the club hoppers from EM and Fury that are tired of getting 8-15 minutes of PT a game, that have all been on 3-4 different teams in the same amount of years. We know about the kids from Alby ECNL who couldn't even get PT during a treacherous last place season. I didn't feel it was necessary in my original post to get into all that, which is why I only focused on top players and difference makers.
            All this reminds me of when Surf first started up and were publishing all the players they "signed" from Alby, EM, WC, ISA, NYSC...it was sad and funny at the same time bc they were all B & C team players. I guess MF did learn something from her brief stint at Surf!

Comment

I never said my kid doesn't know any players making moves, I said my kid doesn't know any TOP PLAYERS OR DIFFERENCE MAKERS making moves. We know about the club hoppers from EM and Fury that are tired of getting 8-15 minutes of PT a game, that have all been on 3-4 different teams in the same amount of years. We know about the kids from Alby ECNL who couldn't even get PT during a treacherous last place season. I didn't feel it was necessary in my original post to get into all that, which is why I only focused on top players and difference makers.
              All this reminds me of when Surf first started up and were publishing all the players they "signed" from Alby, EM, WC, ISA, NYSC...it was sad and funny at the same time bc they were all B & C team players. I guess MF did learn something from her brief stint at Surf!
              Wow. Somebody is either very insecure in their choice of club or standing to lose some money over players moving around. Who else posts such negative stuff about kids? Put that on BOTN where it belongs.

Comment

Wow. Somebody is either very insecure in their choice of club or standing to lose some money over players moving around. Who else posts such negative stuff about kids? Put that on BOTN where it belongs.
                Lot of players have been struggling to find a good soccer home. Last few seasons have been chaotic for players with age changes and a new league or club launch every other week it seems. None of that is the players doing.

Comment

Wow, clearly another parent that never achieved anything themselves attempting to live through their kid. Good luck when the others players catch up and go past your kid. Their time on the bench will come and you will have to find another way to spend your time other than trashing your child’s hard working teammates and friends. Feel sorry for you.

Comment

You're wrong on several accounts. My kid is very happy at her club and I stand to lose absolutely nothing by kids moving around.

What you view as "negative" is merely truth telling. You incorrectly called me out and invited me to elaborate on a comment I made about no top players or difference makers, making any moves. I did not say anything negative about kids. I said they were benchwarmers because they are. I didn't say they were crappy players, I just mentioned that they don't get a lot of playing time on their current teams. And yes, everyone knows who most of these kids are because they have changed clubs year after year after year. All of this is truth, you want people like me-who know the truth to keep it to ourselves? Fine. But stop trying to sell LISC as something it's not and stop disparaging the kids who decided to leave LISC.

All this BS about "they kept the players they wanted" and they "handpicked" certain players and only the chosen ones know the secret plan, is absolute disgusting garbage that started once they realized how many players would not be returning next year. In an effort to do some damage control, LISC implied that THEY were the ones that let these players go. Lmfao!!! Let's keep in mind that some of these players just doled out thousands of $$$ so LISC could field teams at the "national showcases". Really? That's how the club treats players who never wanted to be a part of crappy LISC to begin with?

After a full year of lies, crazy scheduling, awful training, uncertainty and absurd travel just to consistently get pummeled, this club should be thanking these kids for keeping this shi7 show club afloat and wishing them well in their future endeavors. Instead they're selling another bottle of snake oil to a whole new crop of takers.

Sorry if the truth bothers you. If you want to read a bunch of BS about how great LISC is going to be and how they're righting the ship, head on over to BOTN where LISC is paying handsomely to promote the club and censor any negativity!

Comment

Wow, clearly another parent that never achieved anything themselves attempting to live through their kid. Good luck when the others players catch up and go past your kid. Their time on the bench will come and you will have to find another way to spend your time other than trashing your child’s hard working teammates and friends. Feel sorry for you.
                      Don't feel sorry for me, my kid is an awesome player who works very hard on and off the field to be the best player, student, friend she can be. She's faced disappointment along the way and worked her butt off to make sure her setbacks were only temporary.

I'm not living through my kid, I'm a good parent who teaches my kid to look at things realistically and to face the truth, even if it hurts. You probably don't recognize those characteristics because they're rare in the youth soccer community.

Comment

You're wrong on several accounts. My kid is very happy at her club and I stand to lose absolutely nothing by kids moving around.

What you view as "negative" is merely truth telling. You incorrectly called me out and invited me to elaborate on a comment I made about no top players or difference makers, making any moves. I did not say anything negative about kids. I said they were benchwarmers because they are. I didn't say they were crappy players, I just mentioned that they don't get a lot of playing time on their current teams. And yes, everyone knows who most of these kids are because they have changed clubs year after year after year. All of this is truth, you want people like me-who know the truth to keep it to ourselves? Fine. But stop trying to sell LISC as something it's not and stop disparaging the kids who decided to leave LISC.

All this BS about "they kept the players they wanted" and they "handpicked" certain players and only the chosen ones know the secret plan, is absolute disgusting garbage that started once they realized how many players would not be returning next year. In an effort to do some damage control, LISC implied that THEY were the ones that let these players go. Lmfao!!! Let's keep in mind that some of these players just doled out thousands of $$$ so LISC could field teams at the "national showcases". Really? That's how the club treats players who never wanted to be a part of crappy LISC to begin with?

After a full year of lies, crazy scheduling, awful training, uncertainty and absurd travel just to consistently get pummeled, this club should be thanking these kids for keeping this shi7 show club afloat and wishing them well in their future endeavors. Instead they're selling another bottle of snake oil to a whole new crop of takers.

Sorry if the truth bothers you. If you want to read a bunch of BS about how great LISC is going to be and how they're righting the ship, head on over to BOTN where LISC is paying handsomely to promote the club and censor any negativity!
                        You are confusing me with the LISC secret society poster. That was silly. I just don't like any negative posts about kids from LISC or any other club.

Calling's a player a name like benchwarmer is negative. It implys the superiority of the other players. While it is very true that there are better and lower skilled players on every team, that focus on pecking order and status is what got us all in this crap situation in the first place. Youth soccer has preyed on this superiority status symbol dynamic for years to extract every possible dollar from player's families. Truth is, the player pool is limited by affluence anyway ,so even your or my little starter might not rate if more kids could access high level play.

Comment

Don't feel sorry for me, my kid is an awesome player who works very hard on and off the field to be the best player, student, friend she can be. She's faced disappointment along the way and worked her butt off to make sure her setbacks were only temporary.

I'm not living through my kid, I'm a good parent who teaches my kid to look at things realistically and to face the truth, even if it hurts. You probably don't recognize those characteristics because they're rare in the youth soccer community.
                          Keep telling yourself that. Time will tell.. remind yourself of this two years from now okay. Comical really

Comment

No one is saying anything negative about any players except you. You don't know what players might be coming to the team, so you can't call anyone "benchwarmers". No one said anything disparaging about the kids who were on the team last year, it's all in your mind. I never said "they kept the players they wanted". I said you don't know what's happening right now, and then you start talking about the kids who are coming over. That's disgusting.

LISC have addressed the training issues with MF. Whatever they were doing last year they admitted it didn't work. To use your phrase, they are "righting the ship". They have met with new players who are capable to play at this level, and are willing to give it a try because of MF. That's what was meant by "handpicked". Like I said, just because YOU don't think the girls are "difference makers" doesn't mean a thing. You are obviously biased from last year.

Will LISC be better than last year? Absolutely. How good will they be? Time will tell. Will it be perfect? Nope. But none of the clubs are. Every one has some crap with them.
                            Personally, if MF can help in the development of a player, that's reason enough to go to LISC. That's still the most important thing. At least it is to me.....

Comment

No one is saying anything negative about any players except you. You don't know what players might be coming to the team, so you can't call anyone "benchwarmers". No one said anything disparaging about the kids who were on the team last year, it's all in your mind. I never said "they kept the players they wanted". I said you don't know what's happening right now, and then you start talking about the kids who are coming over. That's disgusting.

LISC have addressed the training issues with MF. Whatever they were doing last year they admitted it didn't work. To use your phrase, they are "righting the ship". They have met with new players who are capable to play at this level, and are willing to give it a try because of MF. That's what was meant by "handpicked". Like I said, just because YOU don't think the girls are "difference makers" doesn't mean a thing. You are obviously biased from last year.

Will LISC be better than last year? Absolutely. How good will they be? Time will tell. Will it be perfect? Nope. But none of the clubs are. Every one has some crap with them.
                              Personally, if MF can help in the development of a player, that's reason enough to go to LISC. That's still the most important thing. At least it is to me.....
                              Gimme a break! Saying a kid is a benchwarmer when they play less than 15 minutes a game is not an insult or disgusting, facts are facts. And of course LISC is going to appear to be better this year, GDA just added 2 terrible clubs to the NE conference. But hey as long as the parents keep writing the checks, you can all puff your chests that your kids are in GDA. Pathetic

Ps-not OP so no need to bash me with all your bs

Comment

Gimme a break! Saying a kid is a benchwarmer when they play less than 15 minutes a game is not an insult or disgusting, facts are facts. And of course LISC is going to appear to be better this year, GDA just added 2 terrible clubs to the NE conference. But hey as long as the parents keep writing the checks, you can all puff your chests that your kids are in GDA. Pathetic

Ps-not OP so no need to bash me with all your bs
                                Would you call the child a benchwarmer to their face? Maybe you would but most would not. It is a derogatory term.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X