Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Paul Riley. Larry doesn't like him for multiple reasons. Last of which USSF sought Riley out to start a Girls DAP program and not Surf. Larry had been touting Surf to get the badge

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Riley_(footballer)
    It will even get worse for LM when SUSA joins forces with NY Fury FC.

And nobody cares about Surf. LM told Surf he would get them this and that. None of it has happens. He has egg all over his face.

Comment

Paul Riley. Larry doesn't like him for multiple reasons. Last of which USSF sought Riley out to start a Girls DAP program and not Surf. Larry had been touting Surf to get the badge

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Riley_(footballer)
      Thanks for the link. Quite accomplished and it was interesting to read (elsewhere on this site) about the Hofstra coach whose college credentials are ignored on LM's site.

Somebody asked about who slick was on the botn site and I posted 'Obviously not somebody who advertises.' but that didn't make it to the public. I imagine a wiki post won't either.

Information like what you provided is available here.

Thanks.

Comment

When is Susa and Fury joining forces? January or after the Spring season?

Comment

If you think Sue can produce a national team player than empirically she would have already done so at the Stony Brook club. Who are they?

Its a very easy question to answer.
          I think surf just needs the fields.
          Don't think they will take any players from sb.
          It's an affiliation not a merger.
          Surf needs fields right now and sb is having financial problems.

Comment

I think surf just needs the fields.
            Don't think they will take any players from sb.
            It's an affiliation not a merger.
            Surf needs fields right now and sb is having financial problems.
            Everyone needs fields. Not cheap. Surf problem is they are small and not sure how much, if at all, they will grow and cannot commit to a big financial splash. Tough spot.

Comment

Everyone needs fields. Not cheap. Surf problem is they are small and not sure how much, if at all, they will grow and cannot commit to a big financial splash. Tough spot.
              Fields are one of the reasons Surf is affiliating with college coaches. The college coaches have built in access to fields.

Comment

Fields are one of the reasons Surf is affiliating with college coaches. The college coaches have built in access to fields.
                Not really. Maybe some time. But some teams being coached by college coaches hardly play or train at that college. Many of these colleges rent the fields to outside clubs for Lax and Soccer and make quite a buck.

Comment

Not really. Maybe some time. But some teams being coached by college coaches hardly play or train at that college. Many of these colleges rent the fields to outside clubs for Lax and Soccer and make quite a buck.
                  How abou the fake BotN post about an unhappy LGN parent complaining about money and wondering about Surf? Yeah, that's not LM or someone from Surf. They really have to stop the begging. People don't want to go to surf they want to leave. Look at the "The Thunderstorm at Alby" where the Alby 2007 team left for Surf. Must have went great as BotN has an advertisement that the Surf 2007 team are looking to add players. Not a shock. They prob went back to Alby or over to EM as they have DA and ECNL. Why even think of Surf, unless you are objective and know your kid isn't playing in college...and very few parents are objective.

Comment

How abou the fake BotN post about an unhappy LGN parent complaining about money and wondering about Surf? Yeah, that's not LM or someone from Surf. They really have to stop the begging. People don't want to go to surf they want to leave. Look at the "The Thunderstorm at Alby" where the Alby 2007 team left for Surf. Must have went great as BotN has an advertisement that the Surf 2007 team are looking to add players. Not a shock. They prob went back to Alby or over to EM as they have DA and ECNL. Why even think of Surf, unless you are objective and know your kid isn't playing in college...and very few parents are objective.
                    Actually I emailed them they are adding a second 2007 team.

Comment

I don't understand the UWS announcement. Is there enough additional players to field a 3rd-5th area team? Current teams are LI Lady RR, New York Magic, TSF and NJ Copa.

NJ Copa launched their team as part of their GDA bid but did not get one. I'm not sure how Surf thinks this will help their chances.

Comment

Actually I emailed them they are adding a second 2007 team.
                        Then why does the announcement say looking for additional players? Why not come right out and indicate a new team is being formed?

Comment

Is KK and atletico FC the same thing? Why is there no mention of Surf on the atletico website?

Comment

Is KK and atletico FC the same thing? Why is there no mention of Surf on the atletico website?
                            KK Athletics is the business name that owns and runs two indoor facilities and sells training services.

Atletico FC is the "Club" that KK Athletics created to field teams in various leagues.

As good as KK is at recruiting players and training them, their management skills are beyond dismal. They never answer the phone. Even if you show up at their facility there is never anyone in the office. Whether you leave a message on their voice mail or a note in the office they don't return your calls. They start winter league every year short teams and add them as they go and ran that end of the business into the ground anyhow because of short sited decisions such as registering their in-house premier teams to play against d5 town teams, that they then beat by double digits because they don't even attempt to keep the score down.

So the reason Surf isn't on their website probably has as much to do with them simply not bothering to update their website as it has to do with anything else.

Comment

Thanks. That's why I like this site. Good straight information. If I asked on both I would be attacked with insinuations that my kids weren't good enough for KK.

Comment

Thanks. That's why I like this site. Good straight information. If I asked on both I would be attacked with insinuations that my kids weren't good enough for KK.
                                KK's success on the field is unquestioned. Their business acumen on the other hand ...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X