Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget/Transparency

Maybe someone here can provide some insight for me...

As a team we still have not been given a team budget from our manager (also a club "director" with a child on the team). One of her other children guest played in our first tourney and has been at all of our practices, but she does not seem to be on the team/roster. Additionally we have had two fundraisers as a team that she always deflects questions about... without a budget no one really knows what to think at this point.

Also there was an issue with her giving everyone's personal info and insurance forms out to the entire team in a group email.

we have many other issues and feel a bit neglected by the coach and manager who have recently moved to our club together, but the above seem to be the more "solid" issues that cant just be blown off as accusations etc.

Club brass has thus far just blown the parents off when approached and told us to wait until further into the season to complain.

Does anyone know if there are any semi-firm regulations relating to actually getting a budget, or related to sharing of personal info?

thanks

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

As a team we still have not been given a team budget from our manager (also a club "director" with a child on the team). One of her other children guest played in our first tourney and has been at all of our practices, but she does not seem to be on the team/roster. Additionally we have had two fundraisers as a team that she always deflects questions about... without a budget no one really knows what to think at this point.

Also there was an issue with her giving everyone's personal info and insurance forms out to the entire team in a group email.

we have many other issues and feel a bit neglected by the coach and manager who have recently moved to our club together, but the above seem to be the more "solid" issues that cant just be blown off as accusations etc.

Club brass has thus far just blown the parents off when approached and told us to wait until further into the season to complain.

Does anyone know if there are any semi-firm regulations relating to actually getting a budget, or related to sharing of personal info?

thanks
    I can't think of anything statutory off the top of my head that covers this, but you're definitely right to be concerned. I wouldn't hand over a dime until I had a budget, and I would definitely have a problem with certain types of personal information being shared.

Is this a club-wide practice or specific to this team manager?

Comment

I can't think of anything statutory off the top of my head that covers this, but you're definitely right to be concerned. I wouldn't hand over a dime until I had a budget, and I would definitely have a problem with certain types of personal information being shared.

A team manager is a voluntary position but they are expected to know how to manage business, budgets, bank accounts, collecting money and paying bills. Shouldn’t the club have an office manager to collect forms and money? The club leaders should provide the budget by telling the team what tournaments they will do. The parents should be informed on what things and amounts the manager pays out of the team account like how much was paid for team buses, hotels, and coaches reimbursement. Parents should have a right to know where their money is going. The club office managers should be handling the forms with personal information and storing them in secure places.

Comment

Its just our team to my knowledge. Maybe the other teams she manages (her other kids) are the same, but its the first I've seen it. The whole thing smells bad, Coach is a dick to kids who's parents have complained, manager and coach are buddies and seem to have gotten in good with the guys that run the club... just kinda at a loss. My kid still gets treated good so I don't want to change that but have a feeling we are getting ripped off.

Comment

A team manager is a voluntary position but they are expected to know how to manage business, budgets, bank accounts, collecting money and paying bills. Shouldn’t the club have an office manager to collect forms and money? The club leaders should provide the budget by telling the team what tournaments they will do. The parents should be informed on what things and amounts the manager pays out of the team account like how much was paid for team buses, hotels, and coaches reimbursement. Parents should have a right to know where their money is going. The club office managers should be handling the forms with personal information and storing them in secure places.
          Usually this is the practice, but our team manager is also the office manager or "director" in official title for the club. so I feel like not only are we missing a layer but she should know better.

Comment

thanks
            One each parent should be able to know where money is going etc, does the club have a manual for managers to follow you can read or by-laws?

Comment

One each parent should be able to know where money is going etc, does the club have a manual for managers to follow you can read or by-laws?
              It should be itemized. Also fair enough to know when other parents are not paying the same amount into the kitty or not paying at all into the team account for the items charged to the team.

Comment

Its just our team to my knowledge. Maybe the other teams she manages (her other kids) are the same, but its the first I've seen it. The whole thing smells bad, Coach is a dick to kids who's parents have complained, manager and coach are buddies and seem to have gotten in good with the guys that run the club... just kinda at a loss. My kid still gets treated good so I don't want to change that but have a feeling we are getting ripped off.
                If you think your are getting ripped off, you probably are. Just because your child is "treated well" doesn't mean that you, the paying customer, are. You write the checks and there are many other options out there, probably with a better coach that treats everyone fairly. If you don't get satisfaction soon, leave.

I know some clubs need parents to help manage teams, but they should never be used to handle money. A paid employee with the club should using a secure system to handle credit cards, and in this case insurance information.

Comment

Team, treasurer or who ever is in charge of finances should be giving a periodic update of financial condition of the team which should include cash on hand and projected expenses, etc. If we are paying in money we should know what's happening at least a few times a season and not just at the end.

Comment

Spot on. There should be a club-wide practice.

Comment

Newbies. You assume that soccer clubs are run like a business. Good luck with that! Pay the bill and STFU.

Comment

Newbies. You assume that soccer clubs are run like a business. Good luck with that! Pay the bill and STFU.
                        If you mean a cash printing business? Definitely

Comment

Team, treasurer or who ever is in charge of finances should be giving a periodic update of financial condition of the team which should include cash on hand and projected expenses, etc. If we are paying in money we should know what's happening at least a few times a season and not just at the end.
                          I think you are referring to team fees over club fees but....
                          completely agree. Person in charge of collecting team fees should be sending out periodic finance updates and not just at season end.

Comment

What Club?

Comment

Pasco

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X