Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fine - here are u10 7th division standings in Barcelona . . .click through and you can see home and away record: http://www.resultados-futbol.com/pre...enjamin/grupo7

Sant PonÇ A gave up 242 goals over 30 games, but they did manage 1 draw over what must have been a brutal season.

I am not saying the Spanish have it right by the way (I love, love, love Spain but they do have a history of overeducated/under worked youth among other problems); just don't think these broad generalizations - other countries don't track winning and losing, don't punt, etc - are helpful unless they are studied with some level of rigor. It gives us more poorly thought through mandates from on-high . . . because somebody with an accent says it is the way it is done overseas.
    I can’t find the top division standings

Comment

I can’t find the top division standings
      You will figure it out but here is a hint - it is the one with Barca on top.

Comment

This is really a thing

A forum thread about 10 year old soccer. This is a thing?

Here is a fact who is good, who is bad is drastically going to change over the next several years. As a parent don't try to change it. Don't hold on to fame or dispar in what is a current lack of athleticism. Provided with the proper support and guidance for their parents kids will find their way.

Comment

Here is a fact who is good, who is bad is drastically going to change over the next several years.
          It won't change if you know anything about identifying good soccer players.

Comment

Wrong

It won't change if you know anything about identifying good soccer players.
            I have been down this road. So many many changes. This is true in all American sports in general. Those sports that understand and embrace this succeed. That is why the USA is great at some many things. Soccer needs to understand this too.

Comment

Is it true that the Washington Timbers '08 have yet to win a game? What's going on there? Their program is usually strong. Is this a particularly weak age group for them?

Comment

Is it true that the Washington Timbers '08 have yet to win a game? What's going on there? Their program is usually strong. Is this a particularly weak age group for them?
                Top ‘08’s are in the DA. Team would look much different if playups came down

Comment

Top ‘08’s are in the DA. Team would look much different if playups came down
                  How many '08s are really in DA though? I can't imagine more than 1 or 2.....

Comment

Also, every 07 DA team has at least 1-2 08 players on it. That would theoretically even out the state teams if all the best 08s from each state team are playing up to DA. Saying that the best 08 boys are playing DA for Washington Timbers is not really a good excuse as to why a team is not performing against the rest of the states teams who have also lost their best players to DA.

Comment

Also, every 07 DA team has at least 1-2 08 players on it. That would theoretically even out the state teams if all the best 08s from each state team are playing up to DA. Saying that the best 08 boys are playing DA for Washington Timbers is not really a good excuse as to why a team is not performing against the rest of the states teams who have also lost their best players to DA.
                      Assuming that only the '6 DA teams and their affiliated clubs' are the ones that matter...I'm guessing there might be a team or 2 who aren't affiliated with one of these 6 magical clubs who actually have some talent as good or better than some of the clubs who get the DA label.

Comment

How many '08s are really in DA though? I can't imagine more than 1 or 2.....

One of them is the best 08 in the area

Comment

Most of the 08s playing up have been doing so for a while. DA did not change that.

Comment

So nice of you to say dad! Thx!

Comment

So nice of you to say dad! Thx!
                              You’re welcome. Does your club push your top players to the next level? Like train with older teams during the week?

Comment

One wonders who thinks whom is deserving of that honor. I have my guess, won't say who. (No, not mine).

The best u11 may or may not be the best u13 in two years, or the best u15 in four.

But training with older kids is often a good idea.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X