Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    If you've seen her play, she's physical, competitive and has a knack for winning possession. When she played forward, she was successful because she had strength and balance, and could physically overwhelm weaker players to score. I've watched her for years; this move to defense fits her very well and I expect she'll get a lot of playing time before too long at BC.

She's an easy kid to root for.
    I agree with the first part. I don't know many who would agree to the second part.

Comment

What role will the English kid play? Only 1 year to play? Not the usual sort of move for BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        If you've seen her play, she's physical, competitive and has a knack for winning possession. When she played forward, she was successful because she had strength and balance, and could physically overwhelm weaker players to score. I've watched her for years; this move to defense fits her very well and I expect she'll get a lot of playing time before too long at BC.

Not sure why people think it is easy for a Mid or Forward to move to defender. You need excellent anticipation, quickness, and speed. Being too aggressive without agility will risk fouls in the box which really hurt. You must embrace the header and you better like blocking shots. If she does that, she'll be a great defender.

Comment

Why? recruiting needs vary based on roster. dont think KD played much defense at Club level. Could be wrong
          Online BC roster has KD listed as a forward.. perhaps the article is wrong about her position?

Comment

Online BC roster has KD listed as a forward.. perhaps the article is wrong about her position?
            The key is where did the coach put her during the scrimmage. Anybody know?

Comment

https://goterriers.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=1299

BU has its usual difficult OOC schedule starting tomorrow at Michigan. Also games with UConn and Princeton coming. I think I might tune in their streaming video for the latter game.

Comment

BU has its usual difficult OOC schedule starting tomorrow at Michigan. Also games with UConn and Princeton coming. I think I might tune in their streaming video for the latter game.
                Good for BU to schedule some tough early season games. I know that they're in a different conference situation than BC, so they probably need some quality wins early. They'll be tested for sure.

Comment

Northeastern

http://www.gonu.com/news/2018/8/9/wo...ches-poll.aspx

A good striker and goalie. That's a good start. Will be interesting to see how they fare against UConn on Friday.

Comment

NT player should be able to play anywhere and contribute right away. Returning injured players should be "added" to this years players as essentially new recruits.

Cannot agree with this at all.

Comment

Agree with this. great kid. hope she does well. her and GM are similar. Fans of both.

Comment

A good striker and goalie. That's a good start. Will be interesting to see how they fare against UConn on Friday.
                        NU had a lot of talent last season. They never could put it all together. Never more evident than in the BU loss. Still some talent left but some holes to fill. Let's see if this batch of seniors can put together a better effort.

Comment

Low bar

https://twitter.com/BC_WSOC/status/1030103167701278724

Comment

Agreed. For most New England teams, getting to the NCAA's happens one way. Winning their conference. How they fare around here is meaningless. As for BC they have no chance of winning their conference. Beating up on local teams is pointless especially since most have poor RPI's. RPI is BC's only way in to the tournament. Playing a weak OOC schedule has hurt them recently. They must sweep all their OOC foes then try to get a quality win or 2 in conference.

Comment

saw nu play providence last Friday and they did not look good. Providence beat them 2-0 and controlled the game pretty much the entire game

Comment

Michigan 3 BU 1

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X