High School Predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In D1 Boys it looks like a Bedford - Central collision course. I hope it is as that soccer is incredible to watch.

D2 boys look wide open.

D1 Girls - Londonderry proved it could handle all the top teams.

D2 Girls - Not sure any team has proved they can take down Bow.

Comment

What is the story with Bow girls soccer?
      They dominated for years in D3.
      Then get bumped up into D2 and continue to dominate.
      Get the feeling you could even push them up into D1 and they would still do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        What is the story with Bow girls soccer?
        They dominated for years in D3.
        Then get bumped up into D2 and continue to dominate.
        Get the feeling you could even push them up into D1 and they would still do well.
        Excellent youth soccer program and big sports town. They may not have the superstars that other teams have, but they have solid talent all over the field so they don’t have any weak spots. It’s great to have a superstar forward, but if your defense is weak, that usually kills your team.

Comment

Excellent youth soccer program and big sports town. They may not have the superstars that other teams have, but they have solid talent all over the field so they don’t have any weak spots. It’s great to have a superstar forward, but if your defense is weak, that usually kills your team.
          Definitely a good program and would much rather see them in D1 and place someone like Spaulding in D2. However I think Bow would struggle against the better programs like Central, Bedford, Londonderry and Exeter.

Comment

I agree with last 2 posts about Bow. No superstars but solid players and good bench for a school that size (one of smallest in D2). They would struggle against top tier D1 teams (size and speed) but would fit nicely into probably that 7-10 seeding depending on the year. D2 is much more balanced this year. Been fun to watch. Particularly impressed with goalkeepers on many teams this year. Biggest difference versus D1 is the clear lack of high level striker play. Not many major offensive threats in the division. Wouldn't be surprised if Champion came from any of the top 6 teams.

Comment

In D1 Boys it looks like a Bedford - Central collision course. I hope it is as that soccer is incredible to watch.

D2 boys look wide open.

D1 Girls - Londonderry proved it could handle all the top teams.

D2 Girls - Not sure any team has proved they can take down Bow.
              “Incredible to watch”? You need to get out more. High school play is painful but the kids love it so there I sit.

Comment

“Incredible to watch”? You need to get out more. High school play is painful but the kids love it so there I sit.
                Geeze, if I were your kid I'd just ask you to stay home then.

Comment

IN D1:
                  Salem boys beat South in upset. They had lost in regular season. Merrimack girls (maybe a sleeper) beats winnacunnet. Maybe not an upset as they beat them in the regular season already.

D2 looks like most higher seeds move on.

Weekend looks fun except for the weather.

Comment

Division I sees bedford and central in both boys and girls Semi's later this week. Will either make the finals? I see a bedford v central finals in both boys and girls! With an outside shot at Hanover defeating Central in the boys. Thoughts?

Comment

Division I sees bedford and central in both boys and girls Semi's later this week. Will either make the finals? I see a bedford v central finals in both boys and girls! With an outside shot at Hanover defeating Central in the boys. Thoughts?
                      Boys should be Central - Bedford
                      Girls - Londonderry is team to beat. Can't see Bedford taking them down. And Exeter gets a home game against Central thanks to NHIAA

How about D2 big upset with Bow boys taking down Oyster River.

Comment

DI Girls = Londonderry
                        DI Boys = Bedford

DII Girls = ?
                        DII Boys = ?

Comment

The D1 boys and girls final four are the #1 through #4 seeds. No shockers there I would assume. Despite some predictions of upsets from lower seeds they never developed.

I can’t see Hanover or Concord upsetting Bedford or Central on the boys side but both are capable of an upset.

The girls is more wide open with any of the four winning the championship. Exeter and Central is a heavyweight battle from a physical aspect and hopefully the NHIAA will have the refs tighten up the calls. Londonderry and Bedford seem to be the more technical teams and don’t play as direct as Central and Exeter. Both good games.

Comment

The D1 boys and girls final four are the #1 through #4 seeds. No shockers there I would assume. Despite some predictions of upsets from lower seeds they never developed.

I can’t see Hanover or Concord upsetting Bedford or Central on the boys side but both are capable of an upset.

The girls is more wide open with any of the four winning the championship. Exeter and Central is a heavyweight battle from a physical aspect and hopefully the NHIAA will have the refs tighten up the calls. Londonderry and Bedford seem to be the more technical teams and don’t play as direct as Central and Exeter. Both good games.
                            I could see Hanover upsetting M.C. I would guess that if they played each other 10 times then Hanover would win or tie 3 or 4 (in pk's it's anyone's game). Don't have the same talent but are very well coached. Just one way of looking at it.

Comment

DI Girls = Londonderry
                              DI Boys = Bedford

DII Girls = ?
                              DII Boys = ?
                              DII Girls - Pembroke could win the title this year. Strong offense and solid defense.
                              DII Boys - Don't sleep on Coe Brown. They are a deep and skilled team.

Comment

looks like Central boys and Bedford boys both made the semis a clear indication of who the top teams are.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X