X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No. And most teams are completely full.
    Not what I have heard on the girls side.

Comment

Not what I have heard on the girls side.

Older boys 2nd teams are struggling. Thats about it.

Comment

Older boys 2nd teams are struggling. Thats about it.
        That's correct and typical of not just SCU but many clubs. Fewer boys get recruited for college than girls, so the depth tends to decline as they start to age out. Not all clubs by any means, but not unusual at all.

Comment

That's correct and typical of not just SCU but many clubs. Fewer boys get recruited for college than girls, so the depth tends to decline as they start to age out. Not all clubs by any means, but not unusual at all.

Really? Numbers show the only ones that decline in numbers at older ages in greater numbers are girls teams. And they have more scholarships available. Get your statements straight.

Comment

Really? Numbers show the only ones that decline in numbers at older ages in greater numbers are girls teams. And they have more scholarships available. Get your statements straight.
            Can you blame them? It's become a total cattle-call for these girls. I'm watching a player compete for the attention of a coach from a particular school in east bum fvck with terrible academics. But the school is D1, so the club is pushing her to get recruited. College and the club are treating soccer as more important than their academics and future careers. All for a partial scholarship to a sh!thole campus. She already has qualified for Bright Futures.
            Horrible situation.

Comment

Can you blame them? It's become a total cattle-call for these girls. I'm watching a player compete for the attention of a coach from a particular school in east bum fvck with terrible academics. But the school is D1, so the club is pushing her to get recruited. College and the club are treating soccer as more important than their academics and future careers. All for a partial scholarship to a sh!thole campus. She already has qualified for Bright Futures.
              Horrible situation.

What are you talking about? Who are you talking about? How is someone supposed to follow your comments when no one knows what you are referring to?

Comment

What are you talking about? Who are you talking about? How is someone supposed to follow your comments when no one knows what you are referring to?
                Sorry, my daily quota for dealing with idiots has been met. If you have poor reading comprehension, just stay quiet. I can't fix stupid.

Comment

Sorry, my daily quota for dealing with idiots has been met. If you have poor reading comprehension, just stay quiet. I can't fix stupid.
                  "I can't fix stupid" "I met my daily quota for dealing with idiots".......all while reading TS posts. Irony is.....

Comment

Someone tell me why Space Coast United cant win or develop any talent?

Comment

Someone tell me why Space Coast United cant win or develop any talent?
                      You mean besides the 7 or 8 boys and girls state titles in the last few years?
                      Besides girls who have gone on to Div 1 schools and pro teams and national teams and camps?
                      Yeah, not as much to report on the boys side in terms of individual success like the girls, but so what?

It is youth sports buddy. Get a grip.

Comment

You mean besides the 7 or 8 boys and girls state titles in the last few years?
                        Besides girls who have gone on to Div 1 schools and pro teams and national teams and camps?
                        Yeah, not as much to report on the boys side in terms of individual success like the girls, but so what?

It is youth sports buddy. Get a grip.

Ok. Name them. And......go!

Comment

Ok. Name them. And......go!
                          LOL! Predictable. I'm going to list some accomplishments and you will predictably find a way to diminish them. Because that's what jealous haters do. So although this is a partial list, you'll respond with comments along the lines of:

a) Is that all you've got? - No, it's all I feel like typing off the top of my head
                          b) That league/tournament/association isn't competitive. - Yes it is
                          c) Who cares about that? - well apparently you do if you asked

* Of the FSU team that won the National Championship game in 2014, four of the starters came from Space Coast.
                          * U17 Boys FYSA State Champs

* U18 Boys FYSA State Champs

* Both the 2016 male and female Florida Today “Athlete of the Year” were Space Coast United players.
                          * U15 Girls FYSA State Champs
                          * U16 Girls USCS State Champs
                          * Of the 2016 Viera High School Girls Soccer team ranked #1 in the nation, 18 of the 24 players on their roster came from Space Coast United.

* U13 Boys USCS State Champs
                          * U14 Girls USCS State Champs

* U12 Boys USCS State Champs
                          * U18 Girls USCS State Champs

In the last few years, more SCU teams have made the Quarter and Semi Finals at State Cup than any other club in the area.

Jackie and Katie Stengel
                          Toni Pressley
                          Kristin Grubka
                          Cody Laurendi (pro)
                          Vince Lelaue (Haiti international)

I trust you can find your own way to the club's About Us page on their website to see a list of the coaching awards they have won in this same time period.

But here's what zealots like you don't seem to be able to grasp. Most parents don't really care all that much about this stuff. They know little Susie and little Sam aren't going to play soccer in college or go pro. They are perfectly happy for their child to simply enjoy the game at a highly competitive level while they are still children. They pay for their child to get a positive experience that provides the benefits associated with team sports and be developed to their ability.

The last phrase being the key. So what if a club doesn't churn out more than one or two state champ teams each year or send players to the national team on an annual basis. Very few kids can even be developed to that level regardless of which club they are playing for. It takes talent, skill, and a burning drive that very few people possess.

I know the folks on TS who are obsessed with soccer scholarships find this a completely alien way of approaching youth soccer, but it's true. Most of us just want our kids to have fun competing and loving the game and truly do not care whether our child continues in the sport when they age out.

SCU does remarkably well for a club in a non-urban market. Comparing them to clubs that can draw talent from more population dense areas like Miami, Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville is silly.

From SCU's website: "Our mission is to provide high-quality soccer instruction to children in our community in a safe and fun environment."

I don't see where their mission statement says anything about guaranteeing parents state championships and soccer scholarships. Anyone who expects that from their club is being unrealistic.

Okay, so feel free to respond with "none of that proves anything" And....go!

Comment

LOL! Predictable. I'm going to list some accomplishments and you will predictably find a way to diminish them. Because that's what jealous haters do. So although this is a partial list, you'll respond with comments along the lines of:

a) Is that all you've got? - No, it's all I feel like typing off the top of my head
                            b) That league/tournament/association isn't competitive. - Yes it is
                            c) Who cares about that? - well apparently you do if you asked

* Of the FSU team that won the National Championship game in 2014, four of the starters came from Space Coast.
                            * U17 Boys FYSA State Champs

* U18 Boys FYSA State Champs

* Both the 2016 male and female Florida Today “Athlete of the Year” were Space Coast United players.
                            * U15 Girls FYSA State Champs
                            * U16 Girls USCS State Champs
                            * Of the 2016 Viera High School Girls Soccer team ranked #1 in the nation, 18 of the 24 players on their roster came from Space Coast United.

* U13 Boys USCS State Champs
                            * U14 Girls USCS State Champs

* U12 Boys USCS State Champs
                            * U18 Girls USCS State Champs

In the last few years, more SCU teams have made the Quarter and Semi Finals at State Cup than any other club in the area.

Jackie and Katie Stengel
                            Toni Pressley
                            Kristin Grubka
                            Cody Laurendi (pro)
                            Vince Lelaue (Haiti international)

I trust you can find your own way to the club's About Us page on their website to see a list of the coaching awards they have won in this same time period.

But here's what zealots like you don't seem to be able to grasp. Most parents don't really care all that much about this stuff. They know little Susie and little Sam aren't going to play soccer in college or go pro. They are perfectly happy for their child to simply enjoy the game at a highly competitive level while they are still children. They pay for their child to get a positive experience that provides the benefits associated with team sports and be developed to their ability.

The last phrase being the key. So what if a club doesn't churn out more than one or two state champ teams each year or send players to the national team on an annual basis. Very few kids can even be developed to that level regardless of which club they are playing for. It takes talent, skill, and a burning drive that very few people possess.

I know the folks on TS who are obsessed with soccer scholarships find this a completely alien way of approaching youth soccer, but it's true. Most of us just want our kids to have fun competing and loving the game and truly do not care whether our child continues in the sport when they age out.

SCU does remarkably well for a club in a non-urban market. Comparing them to clubs that can draw talent from more population dense areas like Miami, Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville is silly.

From SCU's website: "Our mission is to provide high-quality soccer instruction to children in our community in a safe and fun environment."

I don't see where their mission statement says anything about guaranteeing parents state championships and soccer scholarships. Anyone who expects that from their club is being unrealistic.

Okay, so feel free to respond with "none of that proves anything" And....go!

Got bored half way through. USCS "state Champions". Florida Cup. Hardly "state champions". And good job. You are a good girls club. Were.

Comment

Got bored half way through. USCS "state Champions". Florida Cup. Hardly "state champions". And good job. You are a good girls club. Were.
                              And there you go. Thanks for being 100% predictable. LOL!

Comment

Still the best club in the county. You can post all your BS and complaints but it doesn't change anything. Must suck to spend so much time trying to make the club look bad and yet we still keep plugging along.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X