Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hazel(ton) Redux

Today is the big day, first game of the season! For some reason, I woke up not quite as confident as I was yesterday. I suppose its just morning jitters. The weather is perfect so we won't have rain advantage quite yet. Dad was joking with Mom and said to expect a big crowd as he says lots of Club and ECNL players Dads and Moms and coaches will probably be watching. It is kinda weird to see other parents on the sidelines or sometimes they are in their cars. ITS SO OBVIOUS! But its literally like THE SPY WHO LOVED ME. We're showing up early to support the 05s who are playing the Miners too.

Parents are friggin' raging MANIACS in talking soccer! I didn't know about talking soccer until last year but I started reading some of the posts to see what some parents think. My Mom reads the posts, she says for 'entertainment'. She says that a couple of years ago there were links to schedules and rankings and reral information but not anymore. Now there seem to be a lot of posts about Oregon and Washington high school teams (like Summit???) I never heard of and OMG the poor GPS 03 team that went to Nationals. Also lots of peeps hating on us DA of course! NONE of my friends actually read 'talking soccer' but I'm a little different. :) I couldn't believe some parents were waiting for our rosters LIKE THEIR OWN LIVES depended on it! Really - I didn't know WE were that important but WHATEVER!

My guess is that some of the same parents who called me B***H from the sidelines when I crushed their kid with a legal tackle are the same ones writing on Talking Soccer. I am halfway tempted to take out one of the Soccer Mom B****S (or a FAT Soccer Dad) after they call me out but I learned even as a U10 to literally focus on the game! The WORST was when we went to the San Diego Surf Cup before I switched to DA. It was hot and humid and two parents from one of the SoCal teams were kicked off the field by the ref in the first ten minutes of the game. We lost by 1 goal they scored in the last 30 seconds! My Mom was furious and so mad that we lost but she said she was just mad for our team and mainly because of the FAT DRUNKS who ruined the game for the rest of everybody.

When we went to North Carolina last year there was a team from New Jersey where the parents were screaming at the refs but none of them got kicked out as they weren't CRAZY CRAZY like the SoCal parents but STILL. GET A GRIP PEOPLE! Dad thinks the DA overall has more 'soccer knowledgeable' parents and they are more controlled. I'm not quite so sure yet.

I don't think the Miners are going to have F**&&D up parents today but ya never know. I mean all you have to do is look at talking soccer and you can readily see there are some real
    kooks out there and here in ORYGONE too. My parents both thought that when they moved to here after college that it was a super peaceful place kind of like the Portlandia show. But Dad says this is ALMOST no different than Indiana where people get CRAZY about BASKETBALL.

Reveal: My full name is actually HAZELTON - thats where Dad met Mom in Indiana! Grandma lives there and we go there at least once a year. Hazel is really and old-fashioned name I think and if I make NWSL someday I might just go with Hazelton as my name because it sounds different and cool. Hazel is OK but I just wish I had a nickname. If I was playing High School the Pep Squad would surely make me a nickname. OK I'm wandering again, gotta get ready for the game!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X