X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don’t act like the ECNL teams don’t play in State Cup
    on the girls side, they actually aren't this year, just look at the accepted teams list

Comment

Don’t act like the ECNL teams don’t play in State Cup

Clubs often sprinkle in a couple of their "back of the roster" ecnl players to bolster a state cup team before roster lock.

However, you have the ecnl Summer Showcase in NJ end of May which is a hard financially by itself let alone getting parents to flip the additional cost State Cup in the beginning of May and running through mid May.

In short, why would an ECNL player want to play in State Cup unless they know they are not traveling to NJ with the rest of the team.....

....they wouldn't.

Comment

When did state cup seeding procedure change?

https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/ass...%20Seeding.pdf

Comment

FYSA has posted the locations for Rounds 1 & 2, just in case anyone wanted the information. Here is the link to the dates/sites: https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/ass..._Locations.pdf.
          Not that my kids team will make it, but quarterfinals for girls is in Pensacola? What brainiac scheduled that? Could you be much further from everybody and still be in the freaking state of Florida?

Comment

Not that my kids team will make it, but quarterfinals for girls is in Pensacola? What brainiac scheduled that? Could you be much further from everybody and still be in the freaking state of Florida?
            It's been pointed out at least 100 times on here that FYSA schedules games where clubs volunteer their fields.

If your club does not volunteer their fields, then ask your DOC to volunteer your fields then maybe you'll get scheduled closer to home.

Comment

I'm guessing it changed because in some age groups there were over 20 teams going straight to the 2nd round due to "seeding." When you have to win your group to advance out of the first round, it can get a little weird.

For instance, my son's team won 2 games and lost one in the First Round. Their one loss was by one goal in a hard fought game to the group winner. The group winning team made it through to the Round of 16. Our team went home after the first round. Could my son's team have won it all?, probably not. Could they have made it to the round of 16?, probably.

Hopefully limiting the seeded teams to 8 should allow for the best teams making it to the 2nd round. It was silly to give the #20 seeded team a first round bye in my opinion, especially when you consider the way the seeding points are awarded in the first place.

Comment

It's been pointed out at least 100 times on here that FYSA schedules games where clubs volunteer their fields.

If your club does not volunteer their fields, then ask your DOC to volunteer your fields then maybe you'll get scheduled closer to home.
                I don't understand why they went away from having the first round games scheduled within regions.

Long way for some to travel for first round games, especially for the age groups that are being held non-central in the state. 16UB's all traveling to Hialeah, 17UB's all traveling to Ponte Vedra....

Comment

I guess that would give an advantage or possible disadvantage to Clubs in Region D. They would likely play the same 1 or 2 teams each year or perhaps a bye right to the next round.

The problem is Florida should be split into two Associations like other large states. See TX, NY ,CA, PA, etc..

Comment

Not even 32 teams in the entire state? FYSA is going down faster than Drumpf's stock market.
                    Doesn't go down faster than your Daughter.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X