United - BSC/NEU Merger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will anything change starting now? Or Will new United squads be formed next tryouts? Will old BSC A team and NEU A team be funneled down to one new United A team?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2190694]
      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

"Super Club" is a bit much, but longterm, this area needs more consolidation of this sort. Seems like a good move.

Go United (in mediocrity?) PDX!
      I’m the OP who used the phrase Super Club. I meant super as in big, not super as in better than. I should have known when I wrote it, that some dumb azz would take it the wrong way and deflect the conversation into another direction.

So my point is that the new club will be able to draw from a large pool of players. A larger pool than other clubs to form their A teams. Not solely a formula for success, but it doesn’t hurt. Go ahead and think that they will be mediocre. I guess we will all see next season.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2190750]

I’m the OP who used the phrase Super Club. I meant super as in big, not super as in better than. I should have known when I wrote it, that some dumb azz would take it the wrong way and deflect the conversation into another direction.

So my point is that the new club will be able to draw from a large pool of players. A larger pool than other clubs to form their A teams. Not solely a formula for success, but it doesn’t hurt. Go ahead and think that they will be mediocre. I guess we will all see next season.
        But unless there is a single combined A team--what does this buy you?

And another question--given the vastly different socio-economics between the two clubs' current demographics, will this work out?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2190765]

And another question--given the vastly different socio-economics between the two clubs' current demographics, will this work out?
          It buys you a longer commute.
          For those who don’t like it, Foothills, PCU, ADF, LYS, GPS and Westside T are all good options in those areas depending on what you are looking for.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2190765]

That’s my point. The intent is to form, when practical, a combined A team from the entire population.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2190683]

“Super Club”???? Please do list for us the past college placements and pro players that have moved on from NEU and BSC? How many state cups have either club won? Maybe two combined in fifteen years? Let’s keep this real.
              Lol. If you think that matters to parents who know the game...

Comment

Not necessarily. You may see top FC kids move to United PDX if the super-club is strong at age group. Top FC players already driving once a week to the east side.
                What about middle of the pack to lower FC kids?

Comment

What about you being such a donkey

Comment

It's probably a stretch to assume that United PDX will, at least initially, be able to attract large numbers of current FC kids, other than any who live on the east side who came to FC through NEU. (Are there any? Or is the FC/NEU thing only for ECNL?)

FC has a far better reputation as a club than BSC. BSC is a decent club, and will be an asset to NEU in combination, but I would have to think that the talent would flow in the other direction.

Mid-pack to lower FC kids would play in OYSA as they do now; rather than having a White (2nd) and a Red (third) team (assuming Navy is the first team), it might be better to have two roughly-equal White teams from different parts of town (one out in Hillsboro/Bethany, and one near south Beaverton/Tigard/SW Portland), with Red teams only forming if they have an abundance of kids at tryouts and need more than three teams.

(Yes, I'm well aware that Navy is the second team for FC's 05s, and am ignoring that for now).

Really--if you live in the Portland area, and aren't playing for a premier team--you shouldn't have to drive more than five miles or so to get to practice. Certainly not across town.

Comment

Neither BSC nor NEU are attracting the top male or female players now. I don’t see that changing.

Comment

It's probably a stretch to assume that United PDX will, at least initially, be able to attract large numbers of current FC kids, other than any who live on the east side who came to FC through NEU. (Are there any? Or is the FC/NEU thing only for ECNL?)

FC has a far better reputation as a club than BSC. BSC is a decent club, and will be an asset to NEU in combination, but I would have to think that the talent would flow in the other direction.
                        Not sure if it is accurate or not, but according to the DA online roster, one of the forwards for FC Portland is reported to live in Mollala. That is definitely on the east side (far east). Maybe boys like that will jump to United PDX.

Comment

Not sure if it is accurate or not, but according to the DA online roster, one of the forwards for FC Portland is reported to live in Mollala. That is definitely on the east side (far east). Maybe boys like that will jump to United PDX.
                          Westside and Crossfire are closer.

Comment

I didn't realize that players addresses were being made available publicly!
                            That doesn't seem like a good idea. where is this information at?

Comment

Westside and Crossfire are closer.
                              Crossfire would be WAY closer!

Comment

Crossfire would be WAY closer!
                                FC's top two scorers are from Molalla and McMinnville. Helluva commute to practice, I bet.

Interestingly enough, #4 for FC's 05B DA team posed for his official team photo wearing an ADF shirt. That's awesome. http://fcpa.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams...ayer=246248742

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X