Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    your kid is happy elsewhere,you have a job and you just felt the need to do this with your procrastination? yea,not buying your BS
    Sorry you don't like what the poster revealed. There doesn't have to be an agenda to prove something with public, verifiable information. YU "commits" are largely a work of fiction.

Comment

Sorry you don't like what the poster revealed. There doesn't have to be an agenda to prove something with public, verifiable information. YU "commits" are largely a work of fiction.
      he got the North E one wrong , so his verifiable info is flawed

Comment

he got the North E one wrong , so his verifiable info is flawed
        and he corrected it. you're free to check it yourself as well.

Comment

and he corrected it. you're free to check it yourself as well.
          i know what my kid is doing thats enough

Comment

OP here - we once considered YU for one of my daughters a few years ago. Decided it wasn't a good fit for many of the reasons YU is criticized here for. She wound up at much better place for her. No hate, just curiosity. That and I didn't feel like working on a project yesterday :) I never thought in a million years I'd find as many nonrostered players as I did.
            You just made a ton of work for the Yankee deflectors. Facts can be so annoying.

Comment

i know what my kid is doing thats enough
              Great for her, but sad that you think it's ok for a club to promote things that are untrue. Sure other clubs are just as guilty of some "inaccuracies" but not nearly at that scale. There's 8 out of 18 kids not on college rosters as freshmen; the list will get worse as time goes on. If they're playing elsewhere then shame on YU not updating their list. The list does show that several YU players are doing well at the D3 level. If that's where your player is at then it may be a very good fit for them.

Anyone considering YU or is there now can look it up themselves and draw their own conclusions. Parents at other clubs should do the same. You're spending a great deal of time and money to have your kids at these clubs. Are they really doing their jobs? I definitely did my homework before we joined out club.

Comment

Great for her, but sad that you think it's ok for a club to promote things that are untrue. Sure other clubs are just as guilty of some "inaccuracies" but not nearly at that scale. There's 8 out of 18 kids not on college rosters as freshmen; the list will get worse as time goes on. If they're playing elsewhere then shame on YU not updating their list. The list does show that several YU players are doing well at the D3 level. If that's where your player is at then it may be a very good fit for them.

Anyone considering YU or is there now can look it up themselves and draw their own conclusions. Parents at other clubs should do the same. You're spending a great deal of time and money to have your kids at these clubs. Are they really doing their jobs? I definitely did my homework before we joined out club.
                all of these list are posted at the time of the signings which are in about 2 weeks- are you saying that YU or any other club is posting kids who know they arent playing in college?
                so at their signing all of these kids are going to whatever school to play- thats what was posted nothing else
                what happens after they make their choice is on them- maybe they shut down ,maybe they got cut,injured,transferred who knows. they had the opportunity and thats all you can ask from a club or a school

Comment

all of these list are posted at the time of the signings which are in about 2 weeks- are you saying that YU or any other club is posting kids who know they arent playing in college?
                  so at their signing all of these kids are going to whatever school to play- thats what was posted nothing else
                  what happens after they make their choice is on them- maybe they shut down ,maybe they got cut,injured,transferred who knows. they had the opportunity and thats all you can ask from a club or a school
                  Not the poster and I agree that many things can happen. People who haven't had college athletes assume it will all work out. But the odds of playing all four years is not great. YU's list is probably worse than average, but all families should examine the odds prior to starting. That way if something does happen, by choice or not, they aren't as surprised or possibly scrambling to find another alternative. Be optimistic but also realistic.

Comment

OP here - we once considered YU for one of my daughters a few years ago. Decided it wasn't a good fit for many of the reasons YU is criticized here for. She wound up at much better place for her. No hate, just curiosity. That and I didn't feel like working on a project yesterday :) I never thought in a million years I'd find as many nonrostered players as I did.
                    I call BS. I think I know who you and your club hopping, high school hopping kid are. Loser.

Comment

Not the poster and I agree that many things can happen. People who haven't had college athletes assume it will all work out. But the odds of playing all four years is not great. YU's list is probably worse than average, but all families should examine the odds prior to starting. That way if something does happen, by choice or not, they aren't as surprised or possibly scrambling to find another alternative. Be optimistic but also realistic.
                      The Wagner one was the biggest surprise for me. She was on the 2017 roster. Must have quit or transferred. I was surprised she chose that school, especially because she was all New England and a Wayne favorite at Yankee and high school. Has a history of moving on for soccer, etc, so perhaps the school could have done more diligence. Yankee was pimping the placement hard last year, even saying it was a full ride. Maybe they pushed her when they knew it wasn’t a great fit. So now, they have to live with egg on their face.

Comment

The Wagner one was the biggest surprise for me. She was on the 2017 roster. Must have quit or transferred. I was surprised she chose that school, especially because she was all New England and a Wayne favorite at Yankee and high school. Has a history of moving on for soccer, etc, so perhaps the school could have done more diligence. Yankee was pimping the placement hard last year, even saying it was a full ride. Maybe they pushed her when they knew it wasn’t a great fit. So now, they have to live with egg on their face.
                        She only played in 7 games in 2017. Considering the team didn’t win a home game all year, was 3-13-3 last year (0-7-1 in thier league), that says a lot. They were outscored 10 goals for vs 51 against, including an 11-0 thrashing by Columbia (and I am not talking about the country). Probably came to the conclusion that no money is worth, in the words or the great 45, spending 4 years in a sheet hole.

I will sit back and wait for the beating I deserve for posting anti Yankee facts.

Comment

She only played in 7 games in 2017. Considering the team didn’t win a home game all year, was 3-13-3 last year (0-7-1 in thier league), that says a lot. They were outscored 10 goals for vs 51 against, including an 11-0 thrashing by Columbia (and I am not talking about the country). Probably came to the conclusion that no money is worth, in the words or the great 45, spending 4 years in a sheet hole.

I will sit back and wait for the beating I deserve for posting anti Yankee facts.
                          That you Larry Nassar?

Comment

Can't MM get anyone into Brown?

Comment

SL was a star in SWC and class S. Not a bottom tier D1 player. Shame on WM for pushing her for All New England

Comment

SL was a star in SWC and class S. Not a bottom tier D1 player. Shame on WM for pushing her for All New England
                                St Joe's theme song is "Africa". Yankee's theme song is "Another One Bites the Dust."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X