Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If she's not a game changer why did she start & play 90 minutes every gda game before she quit? If she wasn't very good, then I feel truly sorry for the 14 out of 25 that didn't play at all or played very few meaningful minutes every game she played all 90.
    No one said not good. Someone said not a game changer. Few kids are game changers. Playing 90 minutes doesn't make you a game changer. Many kids that have defensive roles play 90 minutes ..It's SOP.

GDA is not the right fit for every kid (just like club, rec, ECNL is not the right fit for some), glad that she is happy but let's be respectful and stop bashing the GDA and have a little respect. Sometimes you have to make tough choices in life.

Comment

You obviously aren’t paying attention to what is going on with NWSL
      Most GDA teams aren't affiliated with an NWSL team. It's primarily a US Soccer initiative, not a NWSL initiative.

Comment

Most GDA teams aren't affiliated with an NWSL team. It's primarily a US Soccer initiative, not a NWSL initiative.
        Unaffiliated teams aren’t getting subsidized though! I’m sure US Soccer will step up and foot the bill?!

Comment

It's not "if" - she's already back playing with the 01 team. A 90 minute player on the most successful GDA team in Oregon chose to get back her life (high school sports and activities) and play with her successful TA team. Can you blame her? And my guess is the end results for her will be the same. She will pick a D1 or strong D2 school in the PNW. So why even bother with GDA?
          If she’s a game changer she’s already recruited (with a verbal) or will be soon like the other game changers. DA isn’t for everyone though. Some girls prefer to be stars that get special treatment on their local team. Not sure how happy her teammates are that she’s back and getting special treatment after ditching them for DA at the last minute. But being a big favored frog in a little pond is not a bad way to go.

Comment

It's not "if" - she's already back playing with the 01 team. A 90 minute player on the most successful GDA team in Oregon chose to get back her life (high school sports and activities) and play with her successful TA team. Can you blame her? And my guess is the end results for her will be the same. She will pick a D1 or strong D2 school in the PNW. So why even bother with GDA?
            Never play D1. Just not good enough. Maybe community college.

Comment

Never play D1. Just not good enough. Maybe community college.
              D1 is not the be-all-end-all. Education should be primary focus for 99.9% of these girls. Most D1 commits will sit for two years, others will quit and only a few will ever rise to all-league honors. Figure out why your daughter is playing and support her. But be realistic. Take advantage of the opportunity that soccer has provided and never, ever stop loving the game. It will open some incredible doors but most of them will not be directly related to soccer.

PS: don’t bash former programs, other programs, other players, other people’s choices, you should have more important things to do. But if you do, this forum will sniff you out and torment you. Note to unknown Salem Superwho parent

Comment

False. Still being subsidized.
                You don't know that. It is up to the Timbers/Thorns to decide on how much they want to subsidize the Thorns Academy.

US Soccer is not subsidizing although they encourage the clubs to try to make costs reasonable.

Comment

D1 is not the be-all-end-all. Education should be primary focus for 99.9% of these girls. Most D1 commits will sit for two years, others will quit and only a few will ever rise to all-league honors. Figure out why your daughter is playing and support her. But be realistic. Take advantage of the opportunity that soccer has provided and never, ever stop loving the game. It will open some incredible doors but most of them will not be directly related to soccer.

PS: don’t bash former programs, other programs, other players, other people’s choices, you should have more important things to do. But if you do, this forum will sniff you out and torment you. Note to unknown Salem Superwho parent
                  Agree. Best of luck to all of the Oregon girls in soccer and even more so in academics. Girls are finding good fits in DA, ECNL & Club soccer. Pick the best path for you. If it turns out not to be a good fit, find a better fit. I have seen girls do well from all youth programs. I have seen girls do well in soccer and in life from all college divisions, including community college. Bashing the various programs is silly and useless. One size does not fit all. Be happy our girls have choices and cheer for all the girls to do well.

Comment

You have 3 choices in Oregon for GIRLS Soccer:

Local ClUb Soccer at BSC, PCU, NEu, Cu, xfOR, wT, Et, WaT, tHusc, IfC,WuSc, LoSc, HsC, WAFc, cUSc, oCsC, Fc pDx, wt T/s or. ssc.

HS rec or Osaa fall soccer &

uS sOCcer DevEloPment AcAdeMy: NWSL PORTLAND THORNS

Agree. Best of luck to all of the Oregon girls in soccer and even more so in academics. Girls are finding good fits in DA, ECNL & Club soccer. Pick the best path for you. If it turns out not to be a good fit, find a better fit. I have seen girls do well from all youth programs. I have seen girls do well in soccer and in life from all college divisions, including community college. Bashing the various programs is silly and useless. One size does not fit all. Be happy our girls have choices and cheer for all the girls to do well.

Comment

Bingo! Best luck to all regardless of patch or league. Enjoy the beautiful game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X