Questions about Orlando City's GDA and ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the Pride being part of the NWSL and likely recipients of financial backing from US Soccer to some degree, can the Pride simply say no thank you and not field a GDA team next year? I could swear that I was told last year that OC had second thoughts about the GDA, tried to back out and were told that wasn’t an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Im at Oc and watch a lot of games. Here's what i consistently see and saw thsi weekend....

DT's teams possess the ball and play a more deliberate style. They mostly play out of the back, play back to the keeper a lot, work the ball up the field. They definitelt play some balls over the top as well, as they should cause they have some good forwards that get behind defenses.

Those two teams are also more talented than most teams they play and this makes it easier for them to play possession soccer. They win a lot. There are a lot of future d1 soccer players on the 18/19 team.

Ah and Rg teams play more direct. They play some out of the back and through the middle, but i see more direct play from them. Those two teams typically play closer games and don't dominate many teams. These age groups may have tougher competition, maybe the teams arent as talented,or maybe they would play better and win more if they tried to play more deliberate soccer. there is talent on the teams for sure.

Not sure, just what ive seen.
      A spot on assessment. I wasn't even considering the 18/19 team in my original assessment. They are stacked. The more direct play, less possession-minded play comes from the U15 and U16/17 groups.

Comment

With the Pride being part of the NWSL and likely recipients of financial backing from US Soccer to some degree, can the Pride simply say no thank you and not field a GDA team next year? I could swear that I was told last year that OC had second thoughts about the GDA, tried to back out and were told that wasn’t an option.
        Thanks for the update hue.

Comment

Thanks for the update hue.
          Please. More like AH. I doubt Hue gives a crap.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X