Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Too bad your message isn’t rooted in an honest desire to improve soccer in the area. Sure sounds like your little DS got cut and you can’t deal with it.
    Actually quite the opposite- said no and will continue to do so until things change. Little hint for you, have tried to work with TA improve but they don’t care and are not interested in changing. Youth academy it seems is an afterthought but they have to have it based on mls guidelines so they have spun it to a PR headline and completely abandoned the true purpose and instead allowed it to be hijacked by money. So stop going to the “your kid was cut” line it makes you look like a foolish uninformed sheep....

Comment

And the poster is probably wrong. Since the Timbers play in a different league, it's hard to be sure, but the TA team is full of former Westside, ADF, and FC kids who used to kick in the teeth of clubs like Crossfire. Slytherins notwithstanding.
      Now that is funny- if you really believe that statement you did not watch the 05 age group over the last few years. Only one team has bragging rights and that’s FC PDX. Westside and adf we’re in no way superior to xfire, I fact I am pretty sure the 2 had a losing record against fire if my recollection is correct...

Comment

So you are finally coming to your senses and agreeing?

Nobody EVER said the TA was on par with FC Dallas. It has a LONG way to go. (And given the talent pool, might never reach that level).

But at last we can dispense with the butthurt mommy act of "don't worry, snookums. Your team is just as good as the Timbers. We don't need them anyway."
        Yes, at the 2005 age group, the past 2 years there have been a couple options just as good as TA. U15 and up, no contest...TA is the top flight option.

Comment

Stats are reported by the match referee, not by either team. Refs screwed it up, a lot.
          Don’t try to pin this joke of an academy on the refs. I know several parents of last years TA players (starters and reserves) and it is true. The “starters” played an overwhelming percentage of the minutes and there were times when kids were listed as starting and playing an entire game when they actually were sitting at home and did not make the bus trip up north. I get the idea of professional but 12-13 year olds are not professional and need time on the pitch to transfer the skills and concepts learned in practice to real game time scenarios. This is where TA is failing the kids. If they are not going to get minutes they should not be on the roster and if they are going to roster someone they should be of high enough quality that they get to see the pitch every game for enough minutes for it to mean something (not the last 5 when the game is out of hand either way). Everyone get sit on here and give excuses and blame and chastise but the facts are the facts and the current system needs drastic improvement and that will not happen until Timbers want it to and they don’t have enough drooling wannabe parents willing to shell out money to fund it and say that their son plays TA and is a ball boy at timbers home games....

Comment

Now that is funny- if you really believe that statement you did not watch the 05 age group over the last few years. Only one team has bragging rights and that’s FC PDX. Westside and adf we’re in no way superior to xfire, I fact I am pretty sure the 2 had a losing record against fire if my recollection is correct...
            Your recollection is correct. Xfire on their own, will hang with TA, saying by TA rules...no subs, just starters. Give me a combo platter of Washington and Xfire players, that team would win 6 out of 10 against TA. No question.

Comment

Your recollection is correct. Xfire on their own, will hang with TA, saying by TA rules...no subs, just starters. Give me a combo platter of Washington and Xfire players, that team would win 6 out of 10 against TA. No question.
              Oh no, here we go....

But I would love to see it

Comment

Oh no, here we go....

I agree with that poster. Xfire could easily hang with TA...not going to say they are better, but they would hang. An all star team of "Little DA" players....they would destroy TA.

Comment

Most would question if your 'combo platter' would even win 1 game against the TA. Washington tried last year which ended with 5-0 loss to the TA.

Comment

I agree with that poster. Xfire could easily hang with TA...not going to say they are better, but they would hang. An all star team of "Little DA" players....they would destroy TA.
                    Are we talking about last season, or this season?

In other words--on which side do RF, TM, TE play? Timbers Academy got quite a bit better over the summer, and the collective little DA lost a fair bit of talent with those three.

Also--where are the Slytherins? I've heard it suggested that they are now at United PDX, or still at TA. Needless to say they wouldn't probably matter in the outcome either way (if they are at UPDX and an all-star team were to be picked, they probably wouldn't be on it).

Comment

Most would question if your 'combo platter' would even win 1 game against the TA. Washington tried last year which ended with 5-0 loss to the TA.
                      RF, TM and TE are good players...no argument there. But a team of "little DA" players could beat them. I fail to see how anybody is naive enough to think otherwise. Listen, there are a lot of kids who are really good players who wanted nothing to do with TA. A lot of kids who play the right way, and are selfless players. TA has a lot of selfish players and a hierarchy that must be adhered to. I believe we have heard about the ODP whit and green teams from a year ago. Nothing has changed. Both sets of kids have both been doing DA, and it could be argued the "Little DA" kids have developed more, while the TA kids have developed egos. Oh well, TA is too scared to play any local competition so it doesn't matter anyway.

Comment

I heard that as well. I also heard that Washington had no subs and it was 90 degrees, and 3 of their best players were not there. Wonder what would have happened if they played again? I heard Xfire kids and an 8 year old beat TA starters in Soccer in the sand as well. What is the difference?

Comment

RF, TM and TE are good players...no argument there. But a team of "little DA" players could beat them. I fail to see how anybody is naive enough to think otherwise. Listen, there are a lot of kids who are really good players who wanted nothing to do with TA. A lot of kids who play the right way, and are selfless players. TA has a lot of selfish players and a hierarchy that must be adhered to. I believe we have heard about the ODP whit and green teams from a year ago. Nothing has changed. Both sets of kids have both been doing DA, and it could be argued the "Little DA" kids have developed more, while the TA kids have developed egos. Oh well, TA is too scared to play any local competition so it doesn't matter anyway.
                          TM is probably one of the top 05s in the area, and a game changer. It says here that with him, an "little DA 05 team" might stand a chance. With him on the TA, not so much.

If you doubt this, ask FC Portland what happens when he played with the WashT 05s.

And which TA players do you think are "selfish"? Is this based on (recent) experience with these players, or simply because you think any kid who tries to take on his defender rather than passing at the first sign of pressure is a ballhog? A few of the clubs that have supplied much of the DA's players (at this age group, ADF and Westside) often encourage players--especially in the attacking half--to work on beating defenders on the dribble. Other clubs don't encourage this, and instead focus on passing first--which is an important skill, but technical ability is harder to master when a kid gets older, whereas tactical acumen is easier to learn after a kid matures.

If you think the TA is a bunch of ballhogs, that's about as simplistic and inaccurate as saying XFire are a bunch of Route One bootballers. Crude stereotyping, and complete nonsense.

Comment

Haha nice try

Comment

Oh no, here we go....

It would be kind of like the mls all star game

I could see it being very competitive and there are plenty of little da players that would compliment each other very well and they would not be disadvantaged at any level of the field, in fact superior at more spots than not....

Comment

Is this "TA vs lierally anyone and/or any fantastical combination" a topic of conversation at the 04 level? 06? Is this an 05 specific quirk of Oregon soccer?

I mean, there's some dude in here trying to extrapolate from sand soccer results. What the eff is going on here?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X