Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who does he play for? DA Timbers and he is really an 05? DA Crossfire? Or other club?
    Washington T and yes really a 05 playing up.

Comment

Lot's of people have been defending WT on this issue, not just this one guy. Be clear, not defending the Timbers, but the Westside Timbers. Two very different organizations. If you had any idea what you were talking about, this would be blatantly obvious. While it's been stated repeatedly, proven with validity and nearly shouted from the rooftops that WT is not responsible for the decisions and actions of the Timbers organization, you proceed with utter confusion. Go ahead an question the Timbers all you want. Say they are horrible, corrupt, money grubbing scums. Just know the WHO before you say the WHAT. You don't like Gavin and the Timbers. You don't like Ben Billips, you have a issue with Fernando. That's all your prerogative, but understand the target of your aggression and don't misdirect it. Take your kid, play for your favorite club team, don't go near the Timbers organization, simmer down a notch (or twelve) and accept your place. More importantly, accept your child's place in this craziness.
      "Accept your child's place in this craziness".
      Is that your way of saying that families should be allowed to use their wealth to corrupt the soccer platform in Portland? Turn a blind eye? What a disgusting concept and a slap in the face to all those kids out there who are actually athletic and tryout for teams in good faith. Buying your child's way into rosters and private coaches creates a Veruca Salt spoiled brat that no one will want to play with. It always catches up with people. That does not mean that anyone should just stand idly by.

Comment

"Accept your child's place in this craziness".
        Is that your way of saying that families should be allowed to use their wealth to corrupt the soccer platform in Portland? Turn a blind eye? What a disgusting concept and a slap in the face to all those kids out there who are actually athletic and tryout for teams in good faith. Buying your child's way into rosters and private coaches creates a Veruca Salt spoiled brat that no one will want to play with. It always catches up with people. That does not mean that anyone should just stand idly by.
        This is my way of saying you should accept YOUR child's place. You should concentrate on their experience, happiness, development and prosperity. Find a place where they fit in and thrive, then be happy with it. Focusing on every little thing about what everyone else is doing and how they are climbing the ladder and how they are getting preferential treatment and how they have money and can buy things you can't is an ignorant way to live. Moreover, pointing out that they are not good enough and lack skills and talent is even more disgusting. He is an 11 year old child and he is not responsible for what is happening. This is a lesson for all that money can get you places you wouldn't be able to get based on talent and skill. The is life. This is not just youth soccer in Oregon. This is corporate America, this is in private America, this is the world of competitive sports, social circles and communities. I am not saying it's right, but it's reality. You spinning your wheels in anger and jealousy does not improve the situation. The situation is not changing. Focus on your people and the health of your child and put a smile on. These people will learn the hard way. Like you said, it always catches up. You can't buy happiness. You bitching about fairness doesn't change anything. BTW, you probably don't know the kid and calling him a Vecura Salt spoiled brat is in really bad form. Just don't.

Comment

Washington T and yes really a 05 playing up.
          Good for him. We should all be happy for this kid.

Comment

This is my way of saying you should accept YOUR child's place. You should concentrate on their experience, happiness, development and prosperity. Find a place where they fit in and thrive, then be happy with it. Focusing on every little thing about what everyone else is doing and how they are climbing the ladder and how they are getting preferential treatment and how they have money and can buy things you can't is an ignorant way to live. Moreover, pointing out that they are not good enough and lack skills and talent is even more disgusting. He is an 11 year old child and he is not responsible for what is happening. This is a lesson for all that money can get you places you wouldn't be able to get based on talent and skill. The is life. This is not just youth soccer in Oregon. This is corporate America, this is in private America, this is the world of competitive sports, social circles and communities. I am not saying it's right, but it's reality. You spinning your wheels in anger and jealousy does not improve the situation. The situation is not changing. Focus on your people and the health of your child and put a smile on. These people will learn the hard way. Like you said, it always catches up. You can't buy happiness. You bitching about fairness doesn't change anything. BTW, you probably don't know the kid and calling him a Vecura Salt spoiled brat is in really bad form. Just don't.
            Funny how you cast dispersions and make assumptions yet try to condemn others for their opinions and observations. Just so you know my family and I have real wealth, the kind where I make more interest in a month than billups will ever have or make in his entire life. Difference is I am following in my father and his father and his father's footsteps- we teach our kids to earn their way in life and that money is not a means to just get what you want at another's expense without hard work. Get off your soap box and show your inferred intellect and have the ability to look at the situation through a different lense

Comment

Funny how you cast dispersions and make assumptions yet try to condemn others for their opinions and observations. Just so you know my family and I have real wealth, the kind where I make more interest in a month than billups will ever have or make in his entire life. Difference is I am following in my father and his father and his father's footsteps- we teach our kids to earn their way in life and that money is not a means to just get what you want at another's expense without hard work. Get off your soap box and show your inferred intellect and have the ability to look at the situation through a different lense
              No, you are being condemned for putting words in my mouth, not for having options and observations. For spinning the message in a negative and presumptuous way that is false and harmful. Isn't it funny how you make assumptions and try to condemn others for their opinions and observations? How does your own **** taste? Let me pat you on the back for being so ethically responsible with your extensive wealth. Oh wait, you are patting yourself on the back already. Way to teach your kids to work hard. The fact is that not everyone has those skills. Especially in an era of what is considered is considered "new money." Just have some compassion for the kid and don't refer to him with such derogatory and judgmental remarks. Clearly you won't be convinced to not be an angry, jealous, bitter judgmental **** disturber. So at the very least, give the 11 year old kid a pass.

Comment

Comically this appears to be one poster responding to about three others..but thinking it's one person.. and no one is insulting an 11 year old..read the posts you fool.. the debate is and has always been about corruption.

Comment

Comically this appears to be one poster responding to about three others..but thinking it's one person.. and no one is insulting an 11 year old..read the posts you fool.. the debate is and has always been about corruption.
                  Sean Spicer approves of this post!

Comment

Sean Spicer approves of this post!
                    Maybe had one too many whiskey cokes in the Texas sun while cheering on all that amazing 7v7 Soccer.

Comment

No. Many of us reading these posts. I'm another poster that was wrongly assumed to e someone else.

So much negative energy. Tsk, tsk.

Comment

Maybe had one too many whiskey cokes in the Texas sun while cheering on all that amazing 7v7 Soccer.
                        There ya go again, having to insert sarcasm when it isn't necessary.

Comment

Uh, somebody above called a WT player a "thug" and did so by name today. Pay attention.

Comment

Really? Saying "one doesn't belong" when referring to the team picture. Writing "he is not good enough." Calling him a "Veruca Salt spoiled brat that no one will want to play with." That is exactly insulting an 11 year old kid.

Comment

Really? Saying "one doesn't belong" when referring to the team picture. Writing "he is not good enough." Calling him a "Veruca Salt spoiled brat that no one will want to play with." That is exactly insulting an 11 year old kid.
                              Op actually said "Buying your child's way into rosters and private coaches creates a Veruca Salt spoiled brat that no one will want to play with. It always catches up with people."
                              Again this was a sweeping statement regarding general corruption with the Timbers debatably corrupt ID process.

Comment

Not sure what thread you are reading, but there have been multiple insults to 11 year old kids on here. Namely the booster's kid, but lets not forget the person who used names and direct name calling.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X