Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think the point here is that these girls tried out and made the team, and committed to the team (financially and time-wise). For the club to then turn around in the middle of the season and replace them with someone who they feel is better is just wrong. If the club isn't going to be loyal to the players why should they be loyal to the club/team.
    I posted a few weeks back about this board being a bunch of parents that have girls getting reduced playing time or being cut. A few came out of the woodwork swinginig away. I stick by my statement(s). Every single one of us view the world thru our kids and there are a number of players that came out of camp thinking they had a spot....now they don't. The world goes upside down and the parents (and those parents close to the family) come here and get ugly.

Not one of you three or four (yeah, that's right) snipers on this thread want to accept this truth. Loyalty, truth, compassion, yada yada.....ECNL is not Fishhawk but feel free to take it down the road rather than sharing your BS here.

There is plenty at WFF that can be better but slandering about every coach in the program makes you small.

Comment

I posted a few weeks back about this board being a bunch of parents that have girls getting reduced playing time or being cut. A few came out of the woodwork swinginig away. I stick by my statement(s). Every single one of us view the world thru our kids and there are a number of players that came out of camp thinking they had a spot....now they don't. The world goes upside down and the parents (and those parents close to the family) come here and get ugly.

Not one of you three or four (yeah, that's right) snipers on this thread want to accept this truth. Loyalty, truth, compassion, yada yada.....ECNL is not Fishhawk but feel free to take it down the road rather than sharing your BS here.

There is plenty at WFF that can be better but slandering about every coach in the program makes you small.
      No one who in currently in charge has ever gotten a player into college, been on the college college end. Yes they might learn but if they don't that sucks for the 2 older teams. Sure the younger girls have a little more time for the current guys to learn but the older girls DO NOT. We need someone in here now who has soccer coaching experience, college recruitment experience, and supervisory experience!!! That is what we signed up and paid for.

Comment

No one who in currently in charge has ever gotten a player into college, been on the college college end. Yes they might learn but if they don't that sucks for the 2 older teams. Sure the younger girls have a little more time for the current guys to learn but the older girls DO NOT. We need someone in here now who has soccer coaching experience, college recruitment experience, and supervisory experience!!! That is what we signed up and paid for.
        You have NO clue! College recruiting is an individual experience and YOU and YOUR kid need to do the leg work. It is a highly interactive process and if you do not take charge and be your own advocate then good luck to you. The coaches in clubs do not go and find your kid a spot. They will communicate with colleges if the colleges ask and they may make phone calls on your behalf but they dont actively do it. The club has a coach BP on the West campus that has a good bit of experience. Contact him! We currently do not have many U17s committed right now. I guess we will see how they do. My guess is that the U17s will do really well and I think that should shut your *** up.

Comment

Agree, how about being patient, and try to teach and train versus replace.
          And all the kids will get a shiny trophy at the end of the season no matter where you place.

If you want to complete with the best, act like it ! This is not Rec league, If you cant cut it you are replaced, just like life.

Comment

Good Vision BL, but you obviously have not learned anything from the coaching and player recruiting mess, and have not been watching the games. The "Legacy players" are the only players showing the intensity, speed and stamina to compete at ECNL-level. Without them, we would be worse than OC. For example, in the U-16 only four of twelve new recruits, (including discovery discovery players) have demonstrated they have enough intensity, speed and skills to play in ECNL games and three of them are injured.

To use an analogy you can understand, not every skillful player can succeed in EPL because it is too fast and physical. Stop recruiting players base on hype and connections. Develop them through the NPL and bring them up.
            You lost us all at U16...you parents are a cancer !

Comment

truth

Well at least the truth has bubbled up on this thread. The person doing the majority of the b....... is upset because their kid got bumped from the a team to a lower team. They feel the club has slighted them and not been "loyal"

So this really just boils down to those parents not understanding what the word competitive means and implies. The best get to be on the a team. The next best get to be on the b team and so on....

I don't really think the club is bad or evil for doing making these decisions. Maybe didn't communicate it well but that is probably where the guilty stops.

It can be a downer to know your kid didn't make the a team, happened to me. but you know what we went to the next best team and made that team. Next year, we try again.

Comment

And all the kids will get a shiny trophy at the end of the season no matter where you place.

If you want to complete with the best, act like it ! This is not Rec league, If you cant cut it you are replaced, just like life.
                Does that philosophy work with coaches too?

Comment

Well at least the truth has bubbled up on this thread. The person doing the majority of the b....... is upset because their kid got bumped from the a team to a lower team. They feel the club has slighted them and not been "loyal"

So this really just boils down to those parents not understanding what the word competitive means and implies. The best get to be on the a team. The next best get to be on the b team and so on....

I don't really think the club is bad or evil for doing making these decisions. Maybe didn't communicate it well but that is probably where the guilty stops.

It can be a downer to know your kid didn't make the a team, happened to me. but you know what we went to the next best team and made that team. Next year, we try again.
                  One thing I agree is that Communication is the key...maybe at tryouts next year parents will understand that their kid is not guaranteed a spot and if they choose to accept to be on the team they may not finished the year on that team.

Comment

You are very mistaken. BL has many coaches on his staff throughout WFF that know the process. He has them on the ECNL staff also. You are so overly concerned with RL and SM that you fail to see that it's a staff effort not an individual coach effort to help your child. Also, if your child has not reached out to the ECNL coaches or college coaches what are you expecting. No different then college counselors at HS they don't pick and place you at the schools of their choice. They guide you through the process by student initiating it.

Comment

You are very mistaken. BL has many coaches on his staff throughout WFF that know the process. He has them on the ECNL staff also. You are so overly concerned with RL and SM that you fail to see that it's a staff effort not an individual coach effort to help your child. Also, if your child has not reached out to the ECNL coaches or college coaches what are you expecting. No different then college counselors at HS they don't pick and place you at the schools of their choice. They guide you through the process by student initiating it.
                      Agree, everyone I have talked to who has gone thru the process says that the parents/player need to do a large part of the legwork.

Comment

As a parent that considered this club for my child after tryouts, the club messed up by over rostering the NPL and ECNL teams. This didn't leave the teams any vacant spots for that player or two that may come around after season begins. Maybe it's a lesson learned and take that approach next season.

Also, if the club wants to have players on these teams that don't attend practices or they simply want to drop down a player...fund the programs. The club generates enough revenue from rec, academy, junior leagues, and tournaments to fully fund ECNL. This way if a kid makes the team, the club can continue to make any and all decisions without owing any "non paying parent" an explanation. The club is pretty much paying the players indirectly to train, develop, win, and make a name for the club.

Comment

As a parent that considered this club for my child after tryouts, the club messed up by over rostering the NPL and ECNL teams. This didn't leave the teams any vacant spots for that player or two that may come around after season begins. Maybe it's a lesson learned and take that approach next season.

Also, if the club wants to have players on these teams that don't attend practices or they simply want to drop down a player...fund the programs. The club generates enough revenue from rec, academy, junior leagues, and tournaments to fully fund ECNL. This way if a kid makes the team, the club can continue to make any and all decisions without owing any "non paying parent" an explanation. The club is pretty much paying the players indirectly to train, develop, win, and make a name for the club.

Other than MLS academies there are no programs that are fully funded. There are certainly no woman's programs that are fully funded. With the MLS there is a value to funding the men as there is the hopes of selling the player on transfers at 18yo or naming him as a home grown. Clubs can seek sponsorship dollars to help find programs but that also requires effort, time and staffing to acquire and generate the dollars to fund a program like ECNL. The biggest problem is that most, not all,parents in this area are still in a recreational mentality where everyone plays no matter the level. I would say if you get 30% of play time you got a good share of time at this level. Many clubs roster more than 18 with the hopes that the level of competition at training would increase development as everyone wants to fight to be in the 18 because they earned and deserve it not because it's an entitlement.

Comment

Door swings both ways

Other than MLS academies there are no programs that are fully funded. There are certainly no woman's programs that are fully funded. With the MLS there is a value to funding the men as there is the hopes of selling the player on transfers at 18yo or naming him as a home grown. Clubs can seek sponsorship dollars to help find programs but that also requires effort, time and staffing to acquire and generate the dollars to fund a program like ECNL. The biggest problem is that most, not all,parents in this area are still in a recreational mentality where everyone plays no matter the level. I would say if you get 30% of play time you got a good share of time at this level. Many clubs roster more than 18 with the hopes that the level of competition at training would increase development as everyone wants to fight to be in the 18 because they earned and deserve it not because it's an entitlement.
                            I will try to make this short. Door swings both ways when you sell someone a package. If you were honest and upfront with your customers then there should not be so many complaints. If you wing it and change as you go you create problems. Expectations lead to resentment and you must set the right expectations up front.

Bad communication in any business leads to three conclusions. A) The company is deceitful and dishonest B) Poor management C) Both. You choose.

In closing WFF has turned into a self interest youth sports college industrial complex. When WFF staff ask new hire coaches how many players you are bringing with you, should raise a red flag for any new coach. Money is the first concern and development was never a concern. Raise another pint at the coaches meeting.

Comment

I would hope the evaluation process would be enough to find this out beforehand. Once again, why should hardworking kids be penalized for poor evaluations by the club. Wait until the season is over and then re-evaluate.
                              So the team should be penalized because they have a few players that don't belong? It happens everywhere in sports. Players moved up or down. So ok.....we will do things your way and keep the child on the team. DO NOT PLAY HER! There you go. The rest of the team shouldn't have to play with players that can't play at this level

Comment

If this is truly Elite teams then kids should play based ability and who give team best chance of winning.

Shouldn't matter if they are coaches kid, board member's kid, discovery player, new kid to park etc.

If playing time is determined for any other reason then it is not a very competitive team

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X