Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey every NT teams needs a forward from a .500 team that got 6 goals and 0 assists in 20 games. Even more impressive is that she got those goals against james Madison, Colgate, Stony Brook, Northeastern, Pitt and UVA. Oh, I see .... it must have been the stats from her freshman year where she got 5 assists and 3 goals against Pitt, PC, and the vaunted Pacific. Wow, she scores against weak teams and does nothing against top ACC teams. Sounds like USSF is really doing their homework here. Seriously, you can't find a forward with 15 goals against top teams better than her? I am sure she is a super player, but seems like it wouldn't be hard to find better players that are willing to go. This is more of a slam on USSF than JB (sorry JB, don't mean to put your through the wringer).

I guess they like her. Thats my point. if you were say Emina Ekic - what would you think ?

http://gocards.com/news/2017/11/1/wo...-the-year.aspx

Comment

I guess they like her. Thats my point. if you were say Emina Ekic - what would you think ?

http://gocards.com/news/2017/11/1/wo...-the-year.aspx
      Looks like USSF considers tenure as a valued commodity. I get that it is hard to accept that other kids are better than the ones USSF coaching staff has put time into, but they have to do better finding and taking top talent.

Comment

Looks like USSF considers tenure as a valued commodity. I get that it is hard to accept that other kids are better than the ones USSF coaching staff has put time into, but they have to do better finding and taking top talent.
        If they value tenure she would have been on the team the entire time. She had a lapse in the team

She was brought back for what could have been a variety of reasons: injuries to other forwards, disciplinary reason for her or another forward, motivate other players, to get another look, politics, etc

Bottom line. She's back. Whether it's a short or long time. Instead of speculation why not give her support. Nah this is talking soccer who am I kidding.

Comment

If they value tenure she would have been on the team the entire time. She had a lapse in the team

She was brought back for what could have been a variety of reasons: injuries to other forwards, disciplinary reason for her or another forward, motivate other players, to get another look, politics, etc

Bottom line. She's back. Whether it's a short or long time. Instead of speculation why not give her support. Nah this is talking soccer who am I kidding.
          Could be for any of those reasons, but I find it hard to believe that they could not have found a kid in college doing a lot better than her as a forward. Just go down the ACC, PAC-10, Big 10 or SEC scoring list and start with the top three U-20 players for each. One of those 12 players should fit the bill of whatever they are looking for better than JB I would think ...... even if they didn't have previous tenure.

Comment

Hey every NT teams needs a forward from a .500 team that got 6 goals and 0 assists in 20 games. Even more impressive is that she got those goals against james Madison, Colgate, Stony Brook, Northeastern, Pitt and UVA. Oh, I see .... it must have been the stats from her freshman year where she got 5 assists and 3 goals against Pitt, PC, and the vaunted Pacific. Wow, she scores against weak teams and does nothing against top ACC teams. Sounds like USSF is really doing their homework here. Seriously, you can't find a forward with 15 goals against top teams better than her? I am sure she is a super player, but seems like it wouldn't be hard to find better players that are willing to go. This is more of a slam on USSF than JB (sorry JB, don't mean to put your through the wringer).
            Does it give you a really good and satisfied feeling to defecate on this players from behind the keyboard? Is it the same as that feeling you get when you feel that big one slide out your rectum and plunk into the water, wetting your ass a bit? I mean, you must really enjoy beating on this kid like this, eh?

Comment

Does it give you a really good and satisfied feeling to defecate on this players from behind the keyboard? Is it the same as that feeling you get when you feel that big one slide out your rectum and plunk into the water, wetting your ass a bit? I mean, you must really enjoy beating on this kid like this, eh?
              Not my intention to slam JB as I mentioned but it is hard to believe that USSF can't find a forward that scores a ton of goals. Blame ECNL for bad forwards or USSF for poor selections?

Comment

Not my intention to slam JB as I mentioned but it is hard to believe that USSF can't find a forward that scores a ton of goals. Blame ECNL for bad forwards or USSF for poor selections?
                Not your intention? That's exactly what you did. There are better ways to question USSF's judgment without slamming the player

Comment

Not your intention? That's exactly what you did. There are better ways to question USSF's judgment without slamming the player
                  Kind of goes hand in hand. I guess at u20 and on the national stage then you better have a thick enough skin to withstand heavy scrutiny.

Comment

Kind of goes hand in hand. I guess at u20 and on the national stage then you better have a thick enough skin to withstand heavy scrutiny.
                    Didn't her freshman teammate also get called up. Often 2 from a club or college team are called up to lessen the mental pressure and social side of being the lone call up. See how it pans out as right now it is only friendlies in France ( I believe) not a permanent roster spot. Got to produce there and get PT to stick.

Comment

This has to be Oakwood clowns 🤡 posting.

Two former CFC kids getting the call up undermines all of the garbage they'd are peddling there.

Worst case scenario for the Portland kool aid distributors

Comment

Didn't her freshman teammate also get called up. Often 2 from a club or college team are called up to lessen the mental pressure and social side of being the lone call up. See how it pans out as right now it is only friendlies in France ( I believe) not a permanent roster spot. Got to produce there and get PT to stick.
                        Except you really dont. we looked awful in CONCACAF, but the team is essentially picked. the US place this huge premium on bonding etc. WE scraped by Jamaica and Nicaragua. We looked bad at Nike friendlies. outplayed by England and frankly embarrassed by Brazil ...

have you see any real changes ? ....no.

its a Club. they pick who they "like" and give them repeated chances in spite of failure becasue non one is really accountable and no one pays any price for failure in this administration. the HC is the ex partner of the TD ffs...nepotism at its finest. Only USSF could get away with this. No journo will criticize becasue they will lose access or be accused of sexism/intolerance. A lesbian mafia is still a mafia.

Comment

This has to be Oakwood clowns 🤡 posting.

Two former CFC kids getting the call up undermines all of the garbage they'd are peddling there.

Oakwood sucks. Bunch of tools over there.

Comment

This has to be Oakwood clowns �� posting.

Thing is, a year from now USSF will take almost all NT players from GDA, purely to send a message and get more to move over. It's incredibly short sighted because it will exclude many talented players. But they've show that they're no longer about what is best for US soccer.

that said, locally, it won't help OW. People will still largely pick what club is best for their kids' development and college prospects. Local ECNL still offers them what they're looking for. Most families know their kids aren't NT material anyway

Comment

Thing is, a year from now USSF will take almost all NT players from GDA, purely to send a message and get more to move over. It's incredibly short sighted because it will exclude many talented players. But they've show that they're no longer about what is best for US soccer.

that said, locally, it won't help OW. People will still largely pick what club is best for their kids' development and college prospects. Local ECNL still offers them what they're looking for. Most families know their kids aren't NT material anyway
                              Nobody really gives a flying fk about the NT. At most, it's about college dollars for the bestest soccer kids. If NT happens, too, so be it. But, the benchers at OW aren't sitting there believing they'll get an NT spot. They're hoping Southern picks them up and tosses them a couple of grand to cover books.

Comment

Nobody really gives a flying fk about the NT. At most, it's about college dollars for the bestest soccer kids. If NT happens, too, so be it. But, the benchers at OW aren't sitting there believing they'll get an NT spot. They're hoping Southern picks them up and tosses them a couple of grand to cover books.
                                Don't sell the OW bench short ..... everyone there thinks they are slated for an NT spot and a full boat to PSU. I am pretty sure, they believe the entire NT could be from the same club at some point in the near future.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X