What’s going on at URI womens soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope actually that info is false. K. C. Received a better package than U.RI. So didn’t A. R. Again has nothing to do with money, they left to get out of the chaos and go to much better soccer programs with coaches that coach.

Comment

Honestly... why do others keep harping on what these transfers got for money elsewhere? Let’s face it... those 4 girls are the smart ones! The ones that wanted to better themselves playing at a better level. We will see what happens this spring for my daughter , she might be looking elsewhere for fall too! Rumor has it that the girls are not all that thrilled with the new assistant coach either. Has any other parent heard that from their kid yet?

Comment

What are parents and players thinking changing schools because of soccer? If you chose a school and it was a poor fit academically might make sense. However, once college is over, for 99.9% of college athletes, they are done with sports and need to find a real career. Seems like priorities are way out of wack... especially since this is URI. This isn't a soccer powerhouse with NT prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          What are parents and players thinking changing schools because of soccer? If you chose a school and it was a poor fit academically might make sense. However, once college is over, for 99.9% of college athletes, they are done with sports and need to find a real career. Seems like priorities are way out of wack... especially since this is URI. This isn't a soccer powerhouse with NT prospects.
          If you want soccer to be part of your college experience then it’s a priority. You wouldn’t understand because you obviously were never an athlete.

Comment

Obviously parent of kid who sits on bench studying and picking splinters out of their a**

Comment

If you want soccer to be part of your college experience then it’s a priority. You wouldn’t understand because you obviously were never an athlete.
              I was a varsity athlete in college. I have a good-paying career now. It was academics/school, not sports, that has enabled my family to live well. For 99% of college athletes, it is academics that will impact the rest of their life. For the girls at URI, soccer should only have been a means to afford school, as there is no future for them beyond college soccer.

I say again, if you got your scholarship to help pay for school and decided URI was the right fit academically, why on earth would you leave when these girls have at most 3 years left to play soccer and need a job after? Priorities. So what if the program is underperforming... get your degree and move on. Not one of these players has a shot at WNT or NWSL, and even if they could go pro, they will need another job to afford to live while making $15k/yr playing soccer.

Comment

I was a varsity athlete in college. I have a good-paying career now. It was academics/school, not sports, that has enabled my family to live well. For 99% of college athletes, it is academics that will impact the rest of their life. For the girls at URI, soccer should only have been a means to afford school, as there is no future for them beyond college soccer.

I say again, if you got your scholarship to help pay for school and decided URI was the right fit academically, why on earth would you leave when these girls have at most 3 years left to play soccer and need a job after? Priorities. So what if the program is underperforming... get your degree and move on. Not one of these players has a shot at WNT or NWSL, and even if they could go pro, they will need another job to afford to live while making $15k/yr playing soccer.
                What if the girls weren’t happy there?

Comment

So if you are unhappy at ur job you have the right to leave and find another. If you are unhappy in your marriage you can get a divorce. If you are unhappy that your college teams are lazy duds then you find another one. If you are an athlete you would understand! We all know that soccer will not be these girls careers when they graduate but why would you want to continue your four years at a program that’s horrible?? My daughter calls everyday and tells me about the team and how disrespectful most are .. I tell her we will work on finding another school where she will be happy playing as well as happy with the school. You only get to play four years at college so why not be happy?????sounds like a lot of parents/ kids are not thrilled with URI soccer, so get a set of balls and make a move. Less talk and more ACTION!!

Comment

This is why URI will continue its downward spiral , they recruit girls that are not serious about playing . No one said girls that left are expecting to play for WNT or pros , they just to finish career on high note in college soccer and yes they will still get good jobs because these teams also have high standard for education also

Comment

YES!! You hit the nail on the head! These girls want to finish off college experience on a high note! Thank you!

Comment

Honestly... why do others keep harping on what these transfers got for money elsewhere? Let’s face it... those 4 girls are the smart ones! The ones that wanted to better themselves playing at a better level. We will see what happens this spring for my daughter , she might be looking elsewhere for fall too! Rumor has it that the girls are not all that thrilled with the new assistant coach either. Has any other parent heard that from their kid yet?
                        Yes they said your daughter is a whiner

Comment

recruit girls that are not serious

I saw the '18 recruit list. The team has some good players matriculating. If by not serious you mean that they think about other things I think you could say that about most girls that play d1v.1.

Comment

Sounds like our URI parents are becoming whiners!

Comment

Hey is anyone working or just bored! Stop saying dumb things and get a life! Leave girls alone and let them make their own choices!

Comment

So if you are unhappy at ur job you have the right to leave and find another. If you are unhappy in your marriage you can get a divorce. If you are unhappy that your college teams are lazy duds then you find another one. If you are an athlete you would understand! We all know that soccer will not be these girls careers when they graduate but why would you want to continue your four years at a program that’s horrible?? My daughter calls everyday and tells me about the team and how disrespectful most are .. I tell her we will work on finding another school where she will be happy playing as well as happy with the school. You only get to play four years at college so why not be happy?????sounds like a lot of parents/ kids are not thrilled with URI soccer, so get a set of balls and make a move. Less talk and more ACTION!!
                                And when your kid has a crap boss at her next job, will you also work on finding her next job for her? When her marriage craps out and she wants a divorce, will you then go find another man for her to date? Only this generation of snowflakes and their helicopter parents would see this as normal.

Here's a hint: teach them to deal with adversity instead of quitting and learn to take responsibility for your own life instead of leaving things up to your parents and letting them make all the choices.

URI team underperformed. These girls were part of the problem. If they had performed, the program would have had better results. While the coaching may have been poor, it is the girls on the field who play the game, not the coach. Time to look in the mirror and realize that 1. You're not going pro. 2. You were on the team when it played like crap. 3. You are leaving/looking to leave and find another program that isn't underperforming 4. Maybe the issue wasn't the team/coach/whatever. Maybe it was you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X