Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODP/RTC a complete waste of time & money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Last year was awful. Complete waste of time. Is there any value anymore?
    Almost everyone we know has stopped doing it. The training wasn't great, they had silly events on most holiday weekends and it seemed like they struggled to get their act together.

There are a lot of better things you can do with your money to get better.

Comment

Almost everyone we know has stopped doing it. The training wasn't great, they had silly events on most holiday weekends and it seemed like they struggled to get their act together.

Sounds like the your talking about FC Portland and their showcase on presidents day weekend. Weak teams and weak turn out from colleges. Does FC stand for farm club?

Comment

A lot of ECNL girls still do it so they can put “ODP” on their resumes. It’s a backup for those that didn’t make Thorns Academy.

Comment

I assume it’s just a money making venture.

Comment

A lot of ECNL girls still do it so they can put “ODP” on their resumes. It’s a backup for those that didn’t make Thorns Academy.
            True, a good second tier option.

Comment

I assume it’s just a money making venture.
              I don’t think many still do ODP.

Comment

Just "C" and "D" team players. Nobody with any talent.

Comment

Sounds like the your talking about FC Portland and their showcase on presidents day weekend. Weak teams and weak turn out from colleges. Does FC stand for farm club?
                  My son got contacted. Sorry your kids suck.

Comment

I don't blame them. The program used to be good but not so much any more.

Comment

I don't blame them. The program used to be good but not so much any more.
                      Unfortunately really. But that is the way things go. Cycles of ups and downs. Like civilizations or sports teams.

Comment

Thats great what age group?

Comment

What does contacted mean? Is that bad?

Comment

This is another false statement. There are some good players on this team. The problem is more complex:

Once you get past the top 8 or so, it's a steep and grim drop off. The girl I referenced earlier from my DD's team starts about half the time for our club games. She plays half or a bit more than half of our games. This has been consistent through two coaching changes, so it's less likely that the ODP coach sees something the club coach is missing. This weekend, she started every game in Arizona and played 90% of minutes (according to friends that are there). How can a kid who is a midpack player on our midpack OYSA team be a starter/near full game player on the state ODP team? Simple answer. Not only are the thorns and ECNL players absent from ODP, the best OYSA players aren't doing it either. At least not enough of them.

Three years ago, a college coach told my 99 daughter "ODP is dead, it's just there to make make money." I think that was correct then and is more correct now. But even so, there ARE some good players still doing it. Just not enough of them.
                            The few strange roster decisions point to something very obvious. The team had enough talent they could have made the games interesting, if it weren’t for the abysmal and bizarre coaching. The team was simply out coached.

Comment

ODP and RTC really struggle to find coaches. The schedule is not good. They expect you to give up holiday weekends for meaningless games. You take what you can get.

Comment

ODP and RTC really struggle to find coaches. The schedule is not good. They expect you to give up holiday weekends for meaningless games. You take what you can get.
                                FC does the same with scheduling a showcase on a holiday weekend .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X