Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Seriously that guy spends all of his time trying to convince that the NT should pick a bunch of small slow kids whom he believes have off the charts "creativity'
Ummmm, no, I meant you.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
France for one. North Korea they aren't pros but they are in a state sponsored training program and might as well be.
so one ...not quite the same as the OP then. We need to stop with the excuses. you dont need full time forced immersion to compete. Countries that have soccer cultures create that immersion organically. You cannot force it to a bunch of girls who really dont want it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
so one ...not quite the same as the OP then. We need to stop with the excuses. you dont need full time forced immersion to compete. Countries that have soccer cultures create that immersion organically. You cannot force it to a bunch of girls who really dont want it.
True that there is way too many posers at the youth club level but do you say that they donít want it? There are plenty that want it, the problem is the clubs dumb everything down so the little snowflakes donít have to break a sweat.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
True that there is way too many posers at the youth club level but do you say that they donít want it? There are plenty that want it, the problem is the clubs dumb everything down so the little snowflakes donít have to break a sweat.
need to define plenty. by want it, I mean are willing to really make sacrifices to get it. The girls game is full of kids who like the trappings of success ( social media, awards, all this and that) but are not willing to grind. Big fish in tiny pools is enough.

The Clubs are run to satisfy the majority of consumers and that, by definition, is an average player. You make my point for me, a kid that really wants it outgrows that environment pretty quick. If more rally wanted it, then there would be no need to dumb down as much.

Girls soccer is as much a social endeavor for most as it is a quest for excellence. Its marketed that way by the ECNL, USSF etc with Instagram, Snapchat twitter etc Its all personal interest stories. almost no real soccer content.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
need to define plenty. by want it, I mean are willing to really make sacrifices to get it. The girls game is full of kids who like the trappings of success ( social media, awards, all this and that) but are not willing to grind. Big fish in tiny pools is enough.

The Clubs are run to satisfy the majority of consumers and that, by definition, is an average player. You make my point for me, a kid that really wants it outgrows that environment pretty quick. If more rally wanted it, then there would be no need to dumb down as much.

Girls soccer is as much a social endeavor for most as it is a quest for excellence. Its marketed that way by the ECNL, USSF etc with Instagram, Snapchat twitter etc Its all personal interest stories. almost no real soccer content.
You must be a real fun guy at a party.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:

So, in other words, just a lot like life in general. Who knew? Wow.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:

So by this logic, Tom Bradyís Facebook and Instagram accounts prove heís really in it for the social aspect of football, and no real quest for excellence.

Idiot.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
So by this logic, Tom Bradyís Facebook and Instagram accounts prove heís really in it for the social aspect of football, and no real quest for excellence.

Idiot.
Yeah, that he is. Who'd have thunk it, girls are girls. The horror.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:

Idiot.
Nope. An idiotic take by you. Tb is not trying to TEACH his followers the game. He is expanding his brand. in youth soccer today, the business of the game is more important than the game itself. These entities are promoting that way for branding. They are not really trying to appeal to hard core players. its no surprise that the former ECNL commissioner is receiving awards for marketing. Youht soccer institutions should have teaching soccer as goal #1

As far as the girls are girls comments, i dont get your point at all. I have no issue with that at all. Its why pretending that immersion is the answer is nonsense.

Reduce the size of the program that tells us it about finding NT level players instead of pretending things are different.