Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Tournament Fun

Got to say, thoroughly enjoyed the summer tournament experience this year.

Kids played in 4 (never had done more than 2 in a summer), only in the NW, most "prestigious" one being Crossfire. Had a couple of runner ups, 2 other tournaments finished around .500, so think coaches did a good job of getting us placed.

Found that I really enjoyed the families we traveled with. My kids love of the game seems to be as strong coming out of the tournament season than it was going in. One injury, but doesn't appear to be from overuse.

I used to poopoo the US Soccer tournament industry: cost, too many games in short amount of time, but kids are still young enough that they can take the multiple games.

Bottom line - a happy customer this summer. Now if only my dd can learn to use her left foot!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Got to say, thoroughly enjoyed the summer tournament experience this year.

Kids played in 4 (never had done more than 2 in a summer), only in the NW, most "prestigious" one being Crossfire. Had a couple of runner ups, 2 other tournaments finished around .500, so think coaches did a good job of getting us placed.

Found that I really enjoyed the families we traveled with. My kids love of the game seems to be as strong coming out of the tournament season than it was going in. One injury, but doesn't appear to be from overuse.

I used to poopoo the US Soccer tournament industry: cost, too many games in short amount of time, but kids are still young enough that they can take the multiple games.

Bottom line - a happy customer this summer. Now if only my dd can learn to use her left foot!

You are failing your child. Typical in our culture though

https://www.google.com/amp/www.deser...o-children.amp

http://youthsoccerevolution.com/2014...g-development/

https://www.socceramerica.com/articl...w-to-cope.html

Comment

Ignore any moron who says summer tournaments are bad.

I know a good number of kids that have went on to have great success in soccer and played at the highest collegiate levels. 7-10 years later their best memories are tournaments. I still see team photos and championship photos. I hear talk all the time about the trips.

Sacrificing having a fun life for what some moron says is better development is stupid.

Comment

Familiar with literature - family had a blast this summer, kids got better. All good.

Comment

Ignore any moron who says summer tournaments are bad.

I know a good number of kids that have went on to have great success in soccer and played at the highest collegiate levels. 7-10 years later their best memories are tournaments. I still see team photos and championship photos. I hear talk all the time about the trips.

Sacrificing having a fun life for what some moron says is better development is stupid.
          Bingo!

Comment

Every one of these articles is about the negatives of traveling out of state to high pressure tournaments. Local, lower key tournaments like Chinook & Summer Slam are actually the antidote to the tournament problem. Fun, local, development & a fund raiser to help fund scholarships for the needy.

Comment

Every one of these articles is about the negatives of traveling out of state to high pressure tournaments. Local, lower key tournaments like Chinook & Summer Slam are actually the antidote to the tournament problem. Fun, local, development & a fund raiser to help fund scholarships for the needy.
              And even the out-of-state high pressure tournaments are great if your kid is at that level. If they're not, well then, why are you doing those out-of-state tournaments?

Comment

And even the out-of-state high pressure tournaments are great if your kid is at that level. If they're not, well then, why are you doing those out-of-state tournaments?
                They aren't high pressure unless your neanderthal coach and/or the neanderthal parents make it seem like it's high pressure. Don't over glorify your kids activities mom and dad. Let them have fun.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X