Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portland Timbers - ready to fire Porter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portland Timbers - ready to fire Porter?

Got absolutely throttled by Toronto on Saturday. Portland looked worse than some HS teams. How long until Porter and Wilkinson are shown the door?

MLS Toronto v. MLS Portland - honestly don't really care.

How my dd does v. the team in black however; that is what it is all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      MLS Toronto v. MLS Portland - honestly don't really care.

How my dd does v. the team in black however; that is what it is all about!
      I hate to break it to you buddy, but she wishes you were more into the Timbers. Your intensity on the sideline and the after game criticisms are something she wishes you would give to the Timbers and instead, would just sit back and enjoy her games.

Comment

I hate to break it to you buddy, but she wishes you were more into the Timbers. Your intensity on the sideline and the after game criticisms are something she wishes you would give to the Timbers and instead, would just sit back and enjoy her games.
        MLS is just too plastic for me - but when that #13 pushes my daughter - watch out! I am going to yell something mildly inappropriate.

Comment

Got absolutely throttled by Toronto on Saturday. Portland looked worse than some HS teams. How long until Porter and Wilkinson are shown the door?
          Too soon after the MLS cup.

Team does look somewhat bereft of on-field leadership, but injuries haven't helped--and there probably a few players who could use replacing. And despite having a rabid fanbase and a waiting list for season tickets a mile long (or perhaps because of it), MP doesn't seem eager to spend the big $$$ to strengthen his roster. (I'm not talking about signing Euro stars; but of shoring up the bench).

I give Porter and GW the better part of a year. If they enter the World Cup break on the outside of the playoff picture--or sooner if they are at the bottom of the table--I see changes being made.

Comment

MLS is just too plastic for me - but when that #13 pushes my daughter - watch out! I am going to yell something mildly inappropriate.
            Oh go ahead and do what you normally do and yell something completely inappropriate. Every one knows it's you who shouts that stuff. You think hiding off in the far corner keeps your identity a mystery?

Comment

I do not think Porter is a very good coach. Timbers caught a little magic in the playoffs for a upset MLS Cup win two seasons ago, so that keeps him in the job through this year but I would bet they can him after that.

One of the worst people in the world to see interviewed. The guy has a very high opinion of himself and looks like a real treat to be around.

The GM for the Timbers should be next.

Comment

Oh go ahead and do what you normally do and yell something completely inappropriate. Every one knows it's you who shouts that stuff. You think hiding off in the far corner keeps your identity a mystery?
                No, when I sit in the corner it is usually with some fellow malcontents, plotting the downfall of our DOC or an exodus to a neighboring club. Much whispering.

Comment

I do not think Porter is a very good coach. Timbers caught a little magic in the playoffs for a upset MLS Cup win two seasons ago, so that keeps him in the job through this year but I would bet they can him after that.

One of the worst people in the world to see interviewed. The guy has a very high opinion of himself and looks like a real treat to be around.

The GM for the Timbers should be next.
                  Just curious. Why do you think he is not a good coach. The team plays attractive soccer when they have everyone healthy and compete. The problem is when they are missing 1 or more players things break down. I thin they have put a good first team together with the funding provided. You also have to look at this from the other side; Who are you going to get to do a better job with the funding provided? I think you will have a short list of names.

Comment

No, when I sit in the corner it is usually with some fellow malcontents, plotting the downfall of our DOC or an exodus to a neighboring club. Much whispering.
                    What do you do when you run out of neighboring clubs, because they all stink, and all put your DD on the bench?

Comment

What do you do when you run out of neighboring clubs, because they all stink, and all put your DD on the bench?
                      Simple - we will go to one of the for profits that props up on an annual basis. We will wreck this place before we leave but they get what they deserve for not recognizing our awesomeness.

Comment

Simple - we will go to one of the for profits that props up on an annual basis. We will wreck this place before we leave but they get what they deserve for not recognizing our awesomeness.
                        And then call all the local clubs "rec", as though our kid were elite....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X