Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8/6/17 - Any U14G teams looking for players in Concord,Bow, Hopkinton NH area?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8/6/17 - Any U14G teams looking for players in Concord,Bow, Hopkinton NH area?

Not sure if there is anyone out there in New Hampshire who might have relevant info, but on the off chance:

Does anyone know of any teams in the Concord, Bow, Loudon, Hooksett, or environs looking for a U14G player?

Also, is it still possible to register a player for teams in the different leagues?

(Not asking about GPS or Seacoast - too $$$ for the whole year program, and no 'a la carte' options...)

This is being posted the first week of August 2017. If you are reading this in October, thanks anyway!

You can try Capital City. They seem to do OK. I'm a little familiar with the '05 team.

Otherwise, you are into town teams and you get what you pay for.

Comment

Thanks. I think they go by Capital Alliance now.

Comment

What level does your player want to play at...Rec, travel or club?

Comment

Club, if we can find an 'affordable' option. Travel if not. She's aged out of rec in our locality.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Club, if we can find an 'affordable' option. Travel if not. She's aged out of rec in our locality.
            'affordable' is a family specific term. I do not mind spending the $2k for my D as we feel she is getting good training and it includes many tournaments and events.

Comment

'affordable' is a family specific term. I do not mind spending the $2k for my D as we feel she is getting good training and it includes many tournaments and events.
              Exactly. We looked at it as a cost/hour. While there are some expensive options, up and over $2k, if you are on the pitch for 200 hours a year it comes out to $10/hr. (And, to be sure, there are extra expenses around travel that should be considered...those can add up)

Fine for us, but everyone is different and needs to find a model that fits them best.

Comment

... as you note, "affordable" varies by family (and sometimes by year/economy/particular circumstances). In a nutshell, if a year round program doesn't fit in the budget in a given year, a fall or spring program might, filled out by some school soccer and pickup soccer where we can find it. Not averse to the year round program in general.

Conceptually, I agree that the $2K isn't unreasonable if a family can afford it (along with whatever travel expenses one is willing to incur.)

At the end of the day, we are trying to the best for our children within the resources we have (time, opportunity, and money) so that they can get the most out of the 'beautiful game.'

Comment

... as you note, "affordable" varies by family (and sometimes by year/economy/particular circumstances). In a nutshell, if a year round program doesn't fit in the budget in a given year, a fall or spring program might, filled out by some school soccer and pickup soccer where we can find it. Not averse to the year round program in general.

Conceptually, I agree that the $2K isn't unreasonable if a family can afford it (along with whatever travel expenses one is willing to incur.)

At the end of the day, we are trying to the best for our children within the resources we have (time, opportunity, and money) so that they can get the most out of the 'beautiful game.'
                  Exactly, and I'll add in travel, coaching, friendships, dedication, etc. are all factors. What I love is there is an opportunity for everyone to play, where they want to play, and at what level, no matter where you land.

Comment

... that's the thing - to play the game - develop skills and knowledge of the game, and enjoy the coaches, teammates, and the competition. You're only 13 once! ... (Lest we forget that they are kids, after all!)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X