Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It was two fc Portland kids and they didn't play much. The rest came from alliance clubs.

Go figure after they started to settle for more Fcp kids. UP became mediocre
    Sounds like some disgruntled parent who's daughter wasn't asked to be a pilot. The irony is none of the other colleges are picking kids from non-ECNL clubs unless you count George Fox, JCs, or Evergreen

Comment

So you're saying since there is a strong correlation between UP's lack of success and their reliance on FCP for players (55%) that FCP sucks
      No. I'm saying that choosing from one club isn't necessarily the problem. FCP could well be the best club in Oregon, IDK. However, as we know from club play, top SoCal teams crush top Oregon teams, regardless of which Oregon club. I don't think FCP is the problem or lacking as an Oregon club. The players UoP has taken from FCP may well be the best from Oregon. While I hate to say it, I suspect the problem is taking too many girls from Oregon, period. OTOH, I'm so glad they do take so many Oregon girls since mine are from Oregon too!

I believe we should all be working to improve all of Oregon soccer instead of all the bashing of fellow local Oregon clubs and players.

Comment

No. I'm saying that choosing from one club isn't necessarily the problem. FCP could well be the best club in Oregon, IDK. However, as we know from club play, top SoCal teams crush top Oregon teams, regardless of which Oregon club. I don't think FCP is the problem or lacking as an Oregon club. The players UoP has taken from FCP may well be the best from Oregon. While I hate to say it, I suspect the problem is taking too many girls from Oregon, period. OTOH, I'm so glad they do take so many Oregon girls since mine are from Oregon too!

I believe we should all be working to improve all of Oregon soccer instead of all the bashing of fellow local Oregon clubs and players.
        What I find fault with UP is they won't look at other talented players in Oregon. I know 2 players from CU - 1 has played for the U18 USWNT in Europe and the other has been to 3 USWNT camps (not regional training centers). You would think UP would at least reach out to these players

Comment

What I find fault with UP is they won't look at other talented players in Oregon. I know 2 players from CU - 1 has played for the U18 USWNT in Europe and the other has been to 3 USWNT camps (not regional training centers). You would think UP would at least reach out to these players
          Not good if that is the case. Maybe those two weren't interested in UoP?

Comment

I also know the girl who is playing in the SEC and also been to multiple USWNT events was never contacted by UP. Maybe they didn't want to go there, but you would at least think UP would make some kind of effort/attempt

Comment

So your saying UofP only recruits targets who show interest? That would be called cultivating not recruiting. I would hope a local kid with USWNT level ability would have had a recruiter stop by the house from all the local schools. They get paid to do this stuff correct?

Comment

So you're saying since there is a strong correlation between UP's lack of success and their reliance on FCP for players (55%) that FCP sucks
                This may be more valid then invalid

Comment

Sounds like some disgruntled parent who's daughter was asked to be a pilot but turned it down because they don't want to go to a failing program. irony is that many of the other colleges are picking kids from all the clubs. you can also count George Fox, JCs, or Evergreen
                  Makes more sense. Imagine playing in an Ecnl league to find out that you aren't getting what you were told and now you are stuck not getting anything but hoping your club coach can get you a walk on spot at UP to be a practice player.

Go figure.

Comment

Best players in Oregon don't play for UP anymore.

Just the facts. To each their own but don't try and lie to make yourself feel better.

Typical Fcp parent and coaches.

Comment

Best players in Oregon don't play for UP anymore.

Just the facts. To each their own but don't try and lie to make yourself feel better.

Typical Fcp parent and coaches.
                      I don't trust some of the FCp coaches. The lesser names are great, the bigger names seem to be a bit untrustworthy.

Comment

This isn't football. If you don't seek them out most won't seek you out.

Comment

This isn't football. If you don't seek them out most won't seek you out.
                          U of P needs so cal girls. The problem is they don't want to go to Portland. Therefore U of P need to get the BEST Oregon players. He's losing that battle to Oregon and Oregon State.

So how should he recruit? International players!!!!! To compete with BYU, Pepperdine and Santa Clara you have to be a great recruiter.

Very possible Linus, Kat and Garrett are all fired at the end of theyear

Comment

U of P needs so cal girls. The problem is they don't want to go to Portland. Therefore U of P need to get the BEST Oregon players. He's losing that battle to Oregon and Oregon State.

So how should he recruit? International players!!!!! To compete with BYU, Pepperdine and Santa Clara you have to be a great recruiter.

Very possible Linus, Kat and Garrett are all fired at the end of theyear

DD went to a U of P camp and Smith wasn't interested. She was not from FC Portland. Since that experience years ago she was offered by another WCC school as one of the top recruits. I thought is was odd because she was one of the better players out there. Perhaps he had FC Portland vision at the time. Who knows. What we do you is his current recruiting practices are netting him sub .500 records in the WCC and there's not enough there to jump the likes of BYU, Santa Clara, Pepperdine and LMU. You need to finish in the top 3 in the WCC to get a berth and they are not there.

Merlo stadium is a fantastic place to play. Why doesn't the admin dump smith and bring in an up and coming coach. You could pay them less and get at minimum the same result you are getting now!!!!!

Candidates:

Twila Kaufman - head coach at UC Davis and former asst at Pepperdine
                            Lauren Hansen - ties to Portland and is the head coach at San Jose State
                            Tina Estrada - asst coach at St. Mary's, and former national player from Santa Clara
                            Manny Martins - asst coach at Oregon with ties to So Cal
                            Chris Lemay - coach at Utah Valley, former asst at CAL. ties to so cal.

Comment

DD went to a U of P camp and Smith wasn't interested. She was not from FC Portland. Since that experience years ago she was offered by another WCC school as one of the top recruits. I thought is was odd because she was one of the better players out there. Perhaps he had FC Portland vision at the time. Who knows. What we do you is his current recruiting practices are netting him sub .500 records in the WCC and there's not enough there to jump the likes of BYU, Santa Clara, Pepperdine and LMU. You need to finish in the top 3 in the WCC to get a berth and they are not there.

Merlo stadium is a fantastic place to play. Why doesn't the admin dump smith and bring in an up and coming coach. You could pay them less and get at minimum the same result you are getting now!!!!!

Candidates:

Twila Kaufman - head coach at UC Davis and former asst at Pepperdine
                              Lauren Hansen - ties to Portland and is the head coach at San Jose State
                              Tina Estrada - asst coach at St. Mary's, and former national player from Santa Clara
                              Manny Martins - asst coach at Oregon with ties to So Cal
                              Chris Lemay - coach at Utah Valley, former asst at CAL. ties to so cal.
                              I am guessing that UoP probably made the right call on your daughter because I don't think she has been an impact player on her WCC team.

Comment

I am guessing that UoP probably made the right call on your daughter because I don't think she has been an impact player on her WCC team.
                                Better then playing for a sub par school like UP who's going down the drain.

Sorry your kid isn't good enough.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X