Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OYSA Running out of Money?

So why exactly was OYSA looking to open a line of credit with Columbia Bank? And why did the bank deny their application? Timbers taking too much of the money and leaving OYSA hanging? OYSA getting fat, dumb, and happy again like the good old days before the OPL?

Inquiring minds want to know...

OYSA will die. It will soon just be PYSA and then DA Teams. Do you will be good enough to make a DA team when you are 9 or 10 or you will be cut and left to rot on a D2 Rec soccer team.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So why exactly was OYSA looking to open a line of credit with Columbia Bank? And why did the bank deny their application? Timbers taking too much of the money and leaving OYSA hanging? OYSA getting fat, dumb, and happy again like the good old days before the OPL?

Inquiring minds want to know...
      When did this occur? Where did you hear this?

OYSA has very little in the way of physical assets--they lease their office, they don't own facilities. Not sure why they would need to borrow money. (And if the answer is "cash flow problems", I can see why the bank said nyet, if this report is true).

Here's their most recent annual report, for those interested: http://oysa.bonzidev.com/doclib/AGM%...ort%202017.pdf

Comment

When did this occur? Where did you hear this?

OYSA has very little in the way of physical assets--they lease their office, they don't own facilities. Not sure why they would need to borrow money. (And if the answer is "cash flow problems", I can see why the bank said nyet, if this report is true).

Here's their most recent annual report, for those interested: http://oysa.bonzidev.com/doclib/AGM%...ort%202017.pdf
        It was in their November meeting minutes.

http://oysa.bonzidev.com/doclib/Nove...inutes%20.docx

Comment

Are the Timbers getting money out of their involvement in this?

Comment

Working line of credit is a good idea for an organization OYSA's size.

Understand however why banks don't see OYSA as a solid borrower. There general financial trend is not positive - even if membership has recovered, they have no profit centers, having given those to the Timbers.

Want this organization to survive, but their current structure feels like a zombie some days.

Comment

interesting, thx for sharing

Comment

Who cares? Sounds like an OPL'er hoping everyone goes crawling back. Are you worried where your DD will be a superstar without OYSA?

Comment

Who cares? Sounds like an OPL'er hoping everyone goes crawling back. Are you worried where your DD will be a superstar without OYSA?
                  Not an earlier poster on this thread but no. I am worried about the solvency and cash management skills of an organization I financially support with my club fees. I am worried about my own club and all Oregon clubs having to pay higher fees, including a 33% increase in player card fees. I am worried that OYSA is bankrupting itself and forcing us all to help underwrite expenses for 50 thorns academy players. You should be worried about this too. Unless you are a thorns academy parent in which case you're welcome.

Comment

interesting, thx for sharing
                    does your wife know you are a ****

Comment

does your wife know you are a ****
                      dang it that was much better without the ****

Comment

Not an earlier poster on this thread but no. I am worried about the solvency and cash management skills of an organization I financially support with my club fees. I am worried about my own club and all Oregon clubs having to pay higher fees, including a 33% increase in player card fees. I am worried that OYSA is bankrupting itself and forcing us all to help underwrite expenses for 50 thorns academy players. You should be worried about this too. Unless you are a thorns academy parent in which case you're welcome.
                        Interesting. Let's dig up some stats for 2017:

145 boys HS teams = approximately 2175 players. $6 increase in player card fee = $13,050 in new revenue for OYSA.

120 girls HS teams = approximately 1800 players = $10,800 in new revenue from increased player card fee.

164 boys youth teams = approximately 2296 players = $13,776 in new revenue from increased player card fee.

220 girls youth teams = approximately 3080 players = $18,480 in new revenue from increased player card fee.

86 u9/10 boys teams = approximately 860 players = $5,160 in new revenue from increased player card fee.

48 u9/10 girls teams = approximately 480 players = $2,880 in new revenue from increased player card fee.

So, OYSA is generating a total of $64,146 in new fees by charging all of those players an extra $6 for their player card.

$64,146 divided by 50 Thorns Academy players means we are giving each academy player just under $1283 this year alone to subsidize their season. Keep in mind they already get free league fees for OYSA and Far West, and free field rental for practice.

The next time a thorns parent comes on here crowing about beating up on younger and weaker teams in Los Angeles or Vegas, just smile and tell them "you're welcome..." - because we all paid for that team to travel.

Comment

How many Youth teams are they losing to DA or GDA in 2017? About 24?

Comment

How many Youth teams are they losing to DA or GDA in 2017? About 24?
                            Nothing to GDA. It'll be stillborn. But, yes, lots of younger boys DA teams leaving OYSA.

Comment

Aren't the league fees paid to OYSA too? That's a huge sum of money.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X