Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    One the one hand small rosters are great - with substitution rules a smaller roster means more PT and fewer kids on the bench week in and week out. But you're a few injuries away from disaster. And if players #11-#15 are weak even their fresh legs won't help you much.
    2 injuries, and you're down to 11 field players only, and using one of your keepers on the field if anyone else sustains an injury. What good does that scenario do for a team. Imagine going against a team with 18-20 strong, and they have the option of using their substitutions to maintain a team with some fresh legs. You can't do that if you have no subs. Having subs and not using them is one thing. Needing them and not having them is another. I'd rather have them and not use them than not have them and need them. Like condoms.

Comment

Also shows that the JAYFC Armada team that has superpower chose to stay at JAYFC. I guarantee if those girls had elected to move over, there would be many more 2002s -- and still a roster larger than 15.
      LT would take his 2001 ECNL team first. More 2002 players would put the DA roster closer to 30 and does nobody any favors. JAYFC 2002 girls will get PT and high school soccer. Win win!

Comment

The three 2002 players on the 2001-2002 Clay USA GDA were developed at JFC and are going to play high school soccer. LT is letting GDA girls play high school soccer because the roster is bigger.

Comment

2 injuries, and you're down to 11 field players only, and using one of your keepers on the field if anyone else sustains an injury. What good does that scenario do for a team. Imagine going against a team with 18-20 strong, and they have the option of using their substitutions to maintain a team with some fresh legs. You can't do that if you have no subs. Having subs and not using them is one thing. Needing them and not having them is another. I'd rather have them and not use them than not have them and need them. Like condoms.
          18-20 strong does you no good on game day. there is a 5 sub limit in each game so a game day roster of 16 is the max (U15, U16-U17, U18-U19). I would think the perfect solution is a roster of 16. Starting Oct 1st add a few DP players if needed who are getting game time in other matches which they would not be able to do if they where Full time Academy players. i.e if you have a roster of 20 full time players the 4 who cannot play on game day cannot play with the 2nd team in some other games for minutes becuase full time players are restricted to DA games only.

Comment

18-20 strong does you no good on game day. there is a 5 sub limit in each game so a game day roster of 16 is the max (U15, U16-U17, U18-U19). I would think the perfect solution is a roster of 16. Starting Oct 1st add a few DP players if needed who are getting game time in other matches which they would not be able to do if they where Full time Academy players. i.e if you have a roster of 20 full time players the 4 who cannot play on game day cannot play with the 2nd team in some other games for minutes becuase full time players are restricted to DA games only.
            DP players have to come from the same club. Is OC Pride and OCYS the same club? Are there a informs the same? If not the same club then they the Pride can't use those players and don't have a DP pool. How about the other GDA clubs, do they have other teams playing in other soccer leagues to draw on?

Comment

DP players have to come from the same club. Is OC Pride and OCYS the same club? Are there a informs the same? If not the same club then they the Pride can't use those players and don't have a DP pool. How about the other GDA clubs, do they have other teams playing in other soccer leagues to draw on?
              That would not fly .. OC Pride's U. S. Soccer DA dipping into Orlando City's U.S. Club Soccer ECNL teams for DP players!

Comment

That would not fly .. OC Pride's U. S. Soccer DA dipping into Orlando City's U.S. Club Soccer ECNL teams for DP players!
                Weston, Boca, and WFF might have second teams playing in FSPL. I don't think United club in Clay has second teams.

Comment

Hmm so better to put 16 on a full time DA roster and use DP players from within the club as needed??? But can DP players train full time with the DA Academy team?

Comment

Hmm so better to put 16 on a full time DA roster and use DP players from within the club as needed??? But can DP players train full time with the DA Academy team?
                    Read the rules. The DP can play 6 games then a decision needs to be made. I think it is a good rule that it has to be same club. I think the DP rule in ECNL should adopt same requirement. DP in ECNL can come from anywhere.

Comment

Read the rules. The DP can play 6 games then a decision needs to be made. I think it is a good rule that it has to be same club. I think the DP rule in ECNL should adopt same requirement. DP in ECNL can come from anywhere.
                      The club or the player making the decision?

Comment

Weston, Boca, and WFF might have second teams playing in FSPL. I don't think United club in Clay has second teams.
                        Clay has 2nd and even 3rd team in few age groups... 03's and 99's have red and white below their DA team...

Comment

The club or the player making the decision?
                          Really? Of course the club. The player can want anything but if the club doesn't give you an offer it doesn't matter. Once an offer is made THEN the player decides.

Comment

depends on the club - usually DPs are on a club's B tam (A being DA). If they really want the player to develop and see what they've got then they should be practicing with the A team as much as possible. That also helps the B team when the player plays there.

But I believe - could be wrong - that DP players can still play HS because they aren't technically on a DA roster. Could be wrong and I need to read the rules. If so then a club can give a player a "waiver" without it really being a "waiver". Doesn't that work out nicely for everyone?

Comment

depends on the club - usually DPs are on a club's B tam (A being DA). If they really want the player to develop and see what they've got then they should be practicing with the A team as much as possible. That also helps the B team when the player plays there.

But I believe - could be wrong - that DP players can still play HS because they aren't technically on a DA roster. Could be wrong and I need to read the rules. If so then a club can give a player a "waiver" without it really being a "waiver". Doesn't that work out nicely for everyone?
                              Well well well.What a perfect little loop hole.

Comment

Really? Of course the club. The player can want anything but if the club doesn't give you an offer it doesn't matter. Once an offer is made THEN the player decides.
                                Still confused. After 6 games being a DP then the player either becomes a permanent DA team member or can no longer remain a DP and play no more games with the DA team?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X