Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Parents

New to club soccer and a bit shocked by the intensity of parents on the sideline. They seem live and die with every touch, every pass, every cross. Even seen instances where they are screaming at players on the team about spacing and tactics. What is wrong with these people?

What level are your at? Just wait until you get to DA and NPL. You ain't seen nothing yet

Comment

Up to the coach to control it. It can be a problem. Not 100%, but the crazier the parent the less-skilled the kid is.

I can tell you Bayside has some real beauts, and if that organization had any nuts they'd ban a couple of parents from the premises.

Comment

These parents are ruining the game for the kids and the other parents. Don't these idiots realize their kids are not going pro, likely won't play college and hate hearing parents scream from the sidelines?

It reminds that loud people are vexations to the spirit and should be avoided.

Comment

Having spent time in Madrid and Barcelona this past year watching the La Liga clubs, I can tell you that U.S. parents are idiots. The Spanish parents are excited and eager but don't act like jerks

Comment

It is my experience after 8 years in club soccer that the higher level, and older the team the quieter the parents are on the sidelines. The younger the age group (U10 being the worst) and lower the level, the louder and more obnoxious the sidelines. Unless you were talking about Bayside or Nor'easter, then the sidelines are filled with crazies at every age group.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              These parents are ruining the game for the kids and the other parents. Don't these idiots realize their kids are not going pro, likely won't play college and hate hearing parents scream from the sidelines?

It reminds that loud people are vexations to the spirit and should be avoided.
              Part, probably a small part, is some just yell during sports. Yell at Brady to get rid of it, Papi for swinging at that, Bergeron for shooting wide, Bird for clanking off the rim. Normally, it's at the TV and nobody is the wiser.

Another note, the louder the yell corresponds with how little they know about the game.

Comment

New to club soccer and a bit shocked by the intensity of parents on the sideline. They seem live and die with every touch, every pass, every cross. Even seen instances where they are screaming at players on the team about spacing and tactics. What is wrong with these people?
                If your fat, lazy cow of a kid would open his damn mouth and talk to his teammates on the field and maybe stop eating Ring Dings once in a while he/she could actually move off the ball, I wouldn't have to yell from the sidelines.

Comment

Another note, the louder the yell corresponds with how little they know about the game.
                  Case in point.

If your fat, lazy cow of a kid would open his damn mouth and talk to his teammates on the field and maybe stop eating Ring Dings once in a while he/she could actually move off the ball, I wouldn't have to yell from the sidelines.

Comment

It is my experience after 8 years in club soccer that the higher level, and older the team the quieter the parents are on the sidelines. The younger the age group (U10 being the worst) and lower the level, the louder and more obnoxious the sidelines. Unless you were talking about Bayside or Nor'easter, then the sidelines are filled with crazies at every age group.
                    Astute post which I agree with. Absolutely right about U10. Easily the craziest years, not just in club either, you see at REC leagues. it's the transition from from new and fun to competitive.

Comment

Worst story from a recent tournament: post game (a u10 team lost 3-0)...parent pulls child aside and just rips into him for inability to dispossess other team. Just tore into the poor kid - but it clearly wasn't the first time...this was about 60 seconds after the final whistle...

At what point do you start penalizing teams for out of control parents?

Comment

Astute post which I agree with. Absolutely right about U10. Easily the craziest years, not just in club either, you see at REC leagues. it's the transition from from new and fun to competitive.
                        My daughter has been ref for 5 years and she refuses to ref U10 travel games now. She has said it has the absolute worst sidelines out there. U10 basketball is actual no different. It's the newly minted travel player with parents somehow think every game is a national championship game.

Comment

Having spent time in Madrid and Barcelona this past year watching the La Liga clubs, I can tell you that U.S. parents are idiots. The Spanish parents are excited and eager but don't act like jerks
                          Thanks for the insight DG...maybe you should move there full time

Comment

Who is DG? Those aren't my initials. I live in East Side of Providence and have a daughter that plays U10. Who are you?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X