Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Club Soccer - Multiple passes allowed now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Club Soccer - Multiple passes allowed now?

KK Atletico have the same 04 kids playing under the Brentwood club name in NPL that are playing NYCSL Metropolitan and EDP under the Atletico Club name.

Did they change the pass rule? Because if they did I want to take advantage of it too. I know some EDP kids at another club that aren't getting any playing time that would also play for my NYCSL team on the side but I didn't think it was possible since they all fall under US Club Soccer.

They are using one set of passes and breaking US Club rules in doing so. Gary at NYCSL is allowing this for some unknown reason.

Comment

US Club is who is allowing it, not Gary. All Gary knows is that a club playing NPL or NYCSL presents him with a VALID (!!!) US Club approved card. He doesn't know that the kid also has a valid US Club card for playing in the EDP. And the admins at EDP similarly only see that the kid has a valid US Club card for one of its registered teams.

So US Club is allowing it because THEY are the ones that approve all the cards. Their database of players must have the boy twice and they're ok with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        US Club is who is allowing it, not Gary. All Gary knows is that a club playing NPL or NYCSL presents him with a VALID (!!!) US Club approved card. He doesn't know that the kid also has a valid US Club card for playing in the EDP. And the admins at EDP similarly only see that the kid has a valid US Club card for one of its registered teams.

So US Club is allowing it because THEY are the ones that approve all the cards. Their database of players must have the boy twice and they're ok with it.
        From what I am hearing Atletico was put in a bad spot because they were told to play in the Metropolitan league if they wanted to be in NPL next year under their own name. With the 04 Atletico team already playing as Brentwood in the NPL that would have required Brentwood to withdraw that NPL team and forfeit all of their games in the spring season if they followed NPL and US Club policy. But that would have been bad for Gary's NPL league so he is allowing Atletico to play for both clubs using one set of passes until the spring season ends and next year they will play only under the Atletico name.

Comment

From what I am hearing Atletico was put in a bad spot because they were told to play in the Metropolitan league if they wanted to be in NPL next year under their own name. With the 04 Atletico team already playing as Brentwood in the NPL that would have required Brentwood to withdraw that NPL team and forfeit all of their games in the spring season if they followed NPL and US Club policy. But that would have been bad for Gary's NPL league so he is allowing Atletico to play for both clubs using one set of passes until the spring season ends and next year they will play only under the Atletico name.
          ah what a tangled web we weave....

Comment

ah what a tangled web we weave....
            It's breaking one of the cardinal rules of US Club Soccer but it makes sense why Gary is allowing it. I'm not sure what US Club's reaction would be if someone brought this to their attention but if I were one of the other NPL teams I'd rather play the games than get forfeit wins so I see this as a no-harm no-foul type situation.

Comment

It's breaking one of the cardinal rules of US Club Soccer but it makes sense why Gary is allowing it. I'm not sure what US Club's reaction would be if someone brought this to their attention but if I were one of the other NPL teams I'd rather play the games than get forfeit wins so I see this as a no-harm no-foul type situation.
              Brentwood has two high level 2004 teams of it's own that could have easily been substituted in if Atletico pulled out. This is an outright breaking of the rules and it should be reported to US Club Soccer as well as EDP.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X