Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    SOrry but that is a bit factual. I am aware of a couple players who did not make ecnl and went to FCB ecnl.
    And there are girls who didn't make FCB ECNL who are playing on other MA ECNL teams.

Comment

And there are girls who didn't make FCB ECNL who are playing on other MA ECNL teams.
      Like?

Comment

SOrry but that is a bit factual. I am aware of a couple players who did not make ecnl and went to FCB ecnl.
        I know a few as well. They may still have an ok team with returning players but they've got some kids that wouldn't/couldn't make ECNL or NPL teams at other clubs.

Comment

I know a few as well. They may end up with an ok team but some players they took wouldn't make NPL teams at other clubs let alone ECNL. And some of these kids got early offers from FCB.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            I know a few as well. They may end up with an ok team but some players they took wouldn't make NPL teams at other clubs let alone ECNL. And some of these kids got early offers from FCB.
            Posted a little early? The reality is that kids made some teams and not others. I know kids who were cut from one program and made another. Coaches see different things, and sometimes current players bring other players who are not getting playing time to the attention of their coach. Not a big deal. Happens every year.

Comment

I will take a shot at this list but will do by tiers and alphabetical to start. I think maybe 1 or 2 teams might be able to break into the 1st tier when the season officially starts in November. The NEFC or GPS tournament will be most likely the first time a lot of these teams play.

1st Tier
              BBA ECNL
              FC Boston ECNL
              FC Stars ECNL

2nd Tier
              FC Stars NPL
              GPS NPL
              NEFC NPL
              Seacoast NPL
              SSS NPL

3rd Tier
              Aztecs
              Bayside NPL
              CSU if they stayed in the NPL at this age
              FC Boston NPL
              3rd tier nominee: 2002 GPS NH (NH State Cup winners over NPL Seacoast team in June, U13 finalists in Colorado today, plus strongest 02 girls from this year's U14s)...

Comment

Mooooooooooooo

Comment

3rd tier nominee: 2002 GPS NH (NH State Cup winners over NPL Seacoast team in June, U13 finalists in Colorado today, plus strongest 02 girls from this year's U14s)...
                  You mean the 3rd place NEP team that played in U13 Premier group
                  in CO?

Comment

You mean the 3rd place NEP team that played in U13 Premier group
                    in CO?
                    They won their state cup. Win yours and you could be part of National Cup too. Seriously people, it's not too difficult. Sometimes the Wild Card team with the 2nd best record in the weakest MLB division goes to the World Series too. I am not affiliated with ANY of the National Cup teams this year, but the amount of vitriol and anger at these teams is pretty ridiculous. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Comment

They won their state cup. Win yours and you could be part of National Cup too. Seriously people, it's not too difficult. Sometimes the Wild Card team with the 2nd best record in the weakest MLB division goes to the World Series too. I am not affiliated with ANY of the National Cup teams this year, but the amount of vitriol and anger at these teams is pretty ridiculous. Jealousy is an ugly thing.
                      State cup winners going direct to nationals is a joke when you are from a small state. Regionals makes for much better competition for all involved. Hopefully they switch it back next year to that format in New England.

Comment

I hear you but seriously a premier division national champ?

Comment

I hear you but seriously a premier division national champ?
                          I guess it's kind of like Division 2 in high school or college. I'm sure the kids are excited, but as a parent who has to pay for a cross country trip I'm not sure I see the value in taking a team who can't even win their NEP division that far.

Comment

I guess it's kind of like Division 2 in high school or college. I'm sure the kids are excited, but as a parent who has to pay for a cross country trip I'm not sure I see the value in taking a team who can't even win their NEP division that far.
                            Really, you can't see any value? Absolutely none?
                            So if you're child isn't in the highest tower of the highest land, it's just not worth doing?

Comment

So if you're child isn't in the highest tower of the highest land, it's just not worth doing?
                              It's a different era all together and youth soccer is cashing in on making everyone elite. Multiple national championships are a farce and now we all have to read about. Maine, NH and RI now have something to play for. Everyone gets a trophy!

Comment

I just don't see the value in traveling cross country to play in a "national" championship with a team that couldn't even win its local league. And that's not even the highest local league. If you feel differently that's fine.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X