Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the nature of BTDT's mental defect?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does this BTNT really exist or is he simply some metaphor to identify a common personality that comes through in someone's post? Seriously, still trying to figure out who the hell this guy is.
    There is a poster who posts under the screen name Been There Done That (BTDT). Poster named Perspective hates him with the fire of a thousand burning suns. He pretty much sees BTDT in everyone's posts (kinda like having Buck Fever!). Because of this, some people post in a BTDT'ish way to purposefully to get Perspective upset. There are also minions to Perspective (or are those just the voices in his head, I'm not sure).

The irony is that I think the rest of us fairly rational folk may actually agree with Perspective and his opinions, but it's ruined by his crusade to accuse every.single.person of Bing BTDT. Truly disturbing. Carry on, I'm sure he is coming to do that to this post in a second. No worries, he'll do it to you too. Many times.

Comment

There is a poster who posts under the screen name Been There Done That (BTDT). Poster named Perspective hates him with the fire of a thousand burning suns. He pretty much sees BTDT in everyone's posts (kinda like having Buck Fever!). Because of this, some people post in a BTDT'ish way to purposefully to get Perspective upset. There are also minions to Perspective (or are those just the voices in his head, I'm not sure).

The irony is that I think the rest of us fairly rational folk may actually agree with Perspective and his opinions, but it's ruined by his crusade to accuse every.single.person of Bing BTDT. Truly disturbing. Carry on, I'm sure he is coming to do that to this post in a second. No worries, he'll do it to you too. Many times.
      There's clearly some history though from the posts I've seen. Good to know its a real person and not someone's made up personality.

Comment

How does one post in a BTDTish way? And does the real BTDT ever complain about them for adding to the obviously very negative impressions that mimicking him causes? Don't think I've ever seen that even once. Very odd.

Comment

How does one post in a BTDTish way?.........
          There are certain tell tale phrases.

There is usually a certain arrogance.

Comment

That's what tends happens when you have seen it all and done it all and trying to talk to a bunch of shut ins.

Comment

I think Perspective is the director of the Scorpions. Probably the only DOC that spends more time posting to TS than coaching.

Comment

That's what tends happens when you have seen it all and done it all and trying to talk to a bunch of shut ins.
                Serious question. Why would someone like that, with that assessment, decide to spend a good portion of his life on TS attempting to persuade shut ins?

Comment

Perspective just started this thread because he's getting beat up on the politics thread with all that's going on with the DNC, the convention and such.

Comment

His logic (such as it were) is weakening. His points are are often inconsistent with each other. He seems to have no understanding of the impact of his posting.

So, what is his problem?

My guess is some form of dementia.
                    On what planet is it funny/ok to make fun of someone for their opinions? The fact that you don't agree with what he has to say so you relate it to some form of mental illness is disgusting. Get a reality check, mental illness isn't something to joke about, loser.

Comment

On what planet is it funny/ok to make fun of someone for their opinions? The fact that you don't agree with what he has to say so you relate it to some form of mental illness is disgusting. Get a reality check, mental illness isn't something to joke about, loser.
                      And Perspective works in the mental health field.

Comment

And Perspective works in the mental health field.
                        I posted that and I'm not Perspective

Comment

Perspective just started this thread because he's getting beat up on the politics thread with all that's going on with the DNC, the convention and such.
                          Didn't start the thread. Not in the Politics forum.

Just compare the two chosen names...BeenThereDoneThat versus Perspective. Really nothing else needs to be said.

And, btw, I'm quite pleased with how the convention is going.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X