X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FC Boston has a presence in Needham Soccer
    GPS may have to lean on Bayern to get fields in Germany because 90% of last years fields are locked and loaded with Needham.

Comment

GPS may have to lean on Bayern to get fields in Germany because 90% of last years fields are locked and loaded with Needham.
      Not true. Judge ruled in GPS' favor last year when this mess first started.

Comment

Have fun out in Lancaster with your GPS Memorial Day Mess.

Comment

Actually, no. The Judge ruled that GPS can claim their own Memorial Day tournament. No judge, or no sane and sober judge, would just hand over an 1100 team tournament to either club. Needham owns the name 'Needham Memorial Day Tournament'. GPS can start its own tournament. From this point forward it is a competitive race to see who can secure what and what and how they advertise.
          One conflict would be if either club advertises in anyway that reflects an entity that they did now own previously. In other words, GPS might not be able to say that they are the new Needham Mem Tournament this year.

Comment

Have fun out in Lancaster with your GPS Memorial Day Mess.
            By the way, don't knock lancaster. I might prefer to play all my games at one location than to have to travel from place to place. Lancaster has 16 fields.....with nearby hotels. If they are able to combine with other nearby spots, Forkicks Marlboro, the Stars Complex etc etc...they GPS is off to a good start.

Comment

By the way, don't knock lancaster. I might prefer to play all my games at one location than to have to travel from place to place. Lancaster has 16 fields.....with nearby hotels. If they are able to combine with other nearby spots, Forkicks Marlboro, the Stars Complex etc etc...they GPS is off to a good start.
              Lancaster may be the worst facility in the northeast. The parking is joke. The bathrooms always smell like a porta-potty. It's a mess for any big tournament.

Comment

Lancaster may be the worst facility in the northeast. The parking is joke. The bathrooms always smell like a porta-potty. It's a mess for any big tournament.
                Worst facility in the Northeast for a large tourney? Where do you prefer? Serious question.

Comment

Worst facility in the Northeast for a large tourney? Where do you prefer? Serious question.
                  I prefer multiple smaller locations actually.

Comment

No doubt, what facility of that size is even in existence in this area? Yes, when you have 16 fields, parking will be a bit nutty, especially at midday (and becomes the upside of getting the 8am game) But after years of attending tournaments there, the worst of it is really just the potential walk you may have to make. Yesterday was my worst one to date, and it still was only an 10 minute walk. Are we that lazy of a community, that a 10 minute walk equates to a "miserable" experience? Overall, the upside of Progin Park far outweighs the crowded parking lots.

Comment

I prefer multiple smaller locations actually.
                      Not me, but that's a personal preference, I guess. I would much rather have a more centralized location and not be trekking my kid around to locations 30-45 minutes away... Here, there and everywhere. Plus, comment about the porta potties is silly. 1) Porta potties are discussing everywhere. 2) Lancaster actually has a bathroom. What's your gripe, again?

Comment

1) Porta potties are discussing everywhere. 2) Lancaster actually has a bathroom. What's your gripe, again?
                        The actual bathrooms smell worse than portapotties. It's like they have a septic leaching field right outside the actual structure. The wafting crap smell on the blazing hot turf fields is one of the nine circles of Hell.

Comment

The actual bathrooms smell worse than portapotties. It's like they have a septic leaching field right outside the actual structure. The wafting crap smell on the blazing hot turf fields is one of the nine circles of Hell.
                          I have found that the wretched septic smell is only in one specific area near the back corner of that building (which I avoid). The actual smell (of the ladies room anyway) is not bad, nor is it in front or snack shop side. Again, not a huge deal and I agree, much more preferable to having to get in my car again and drive 40 minutes away to another field. I once spent my weekend racing from Hopkinton to Woburn and back again over and over to catch both of my kids games at the "same" tournament. The next year they were all just one field away in Lancaster all weekend long. MUCH preferable.

Comment

The septic leach field is indeed right outside the actual structure in the grassy area. They don't pump out the tank nearly enough.

Comment

I must always hit it right since I've never had an issue with the smell their before. I've been there a lot too! Maybe they schedule your kids games there just to annoy you?

Comment

I must always hit it right since I've never had an issue with the smell their before. I've been there a lot too! Maybe they schedule your kids games there just to annoy you?
                                If you haven't had the thrill of the Lancaster stench, you haven't been there much.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X